ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

Anyone who comes to a miner forum telling people not to mine.. :|

rdnkjdi said:

I did some really rough calculations on eth mining. This spreadsheet isn't pretty .. I just spent 10 min on it. But it's worth looking at or building your own if you're thinking about getting into mining.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rlKs8KjJnmy1j25a30ScxAKTGvtTncncFrtVO6VJY-o

Still impossible to determine what price will be at any given time.

If Eth were to shoot up $20+ (or even $10-$15) and stay stable - every single thread saying not to mine would be completely wrong and laughed at.

..and of course the complete opposite can happen.

But so far for myself I invested approx $9,000 in March and have made back approx $3,000+

That leaves approx $6,000 left to be made, and when you consider resell value (everything brand new with years of warranty) - I've already broke even - in fact if I were to sell off right NOW I could easily get $7,000+ since GPUs are still holding 75%+ resell value. (in fact it is more like 85-90% as of writing!)

I'm just so glad that when I came to a MINER FORUM I didn't listen to threads like these.

I do live in the USA where electricity isn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive compared to other countries. Really this is the key here is how cheap you can get it, Canadians seem to be doing very well along with China of course.

Personally I could survive still at $3-$5 eth price range but I believe Eth will go back up to $10+ and possibly $20+ mainly because I also believe in the technology itself along with the dev team.
    LOL I think you fail to grasp my calculation. The price increase of ETH doesn't change the fact that your amount of ETH mined will never be more than the amount of ETH you could have bought at that very same time you bought the GPUs

If the price rose to 20USD, you'd be making more off buying that ETH at this time than you would have earnt with that measly ETH you mined within one month or even the next 10 months to top that with the current difficulty.

If you can't understand what I'm saying then you really need to go back to pre-school and learn your mathematics all over.

If you think you're right then Prove me wrong by showing the calculations.

Lets play the game of who's the clown now shall we? @oslak tag you're it.
    You are right in the fact that he could've bought more ETH initially at the time he bought his GPUs than be can mine in a specific time period. Bought you're ignoring the resale value of his equipment. This means that he is actually getting ETH cheaper than outright buying it, or possibly free if he found amazing deals on GPUs, once he decides to sell his mining gear.

Yup, so stupid to come here saying don't mine you might as well just buy Eth instead.. So many things over these kids heads its insane. Maybe just trolling, I really don't know..

Fucking clowns!
    And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in?
    All I had to read was the first sentence to know you don't pay attention.

"And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? "

Go back and read before you make more ignorant statements.
    There's nothing ignorant about my question statement. You live in the USA and that's it. Your situation does not represent the majority of the people out there who're interested in mining.
    Duh? Maybe learn to read. Infact my situation is worse than a lot of other people as I already mentioned, so this shows how little you take account for EVERYBODY as I already did.

AGAIN showing you don't read. Just don't talk anymore at this point.

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

"I do live in the USA where electricity isn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive compared to other countries. Really this is the key here is how cheap you can get it, Canadians seem to be doing very well along with China of course."
    ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

I did some really rough calculations on eth mining. This spreadsheet isn't pretty .. I just spent 10 min on it. But it's worth looking at or building your own if you're thinking about getting into mining.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rlKs8KjJnmy1j25a30ScxAKTGvtTncncFrtVO6VJY-o

If Eth were to shoot up $20+ (or even $10-$15) and stay stable - every single thread saying not to mine would be completely wrong and laughed at.

But so far for myself I invested approx $9,000 in March and have made back approx $3,000+

That leaves approx $6,000 left to be made, and when you consider resell value (everything brand new with years of warranty) - I've already broke even - in fact if I were to sell off right NOW I could easily get $7,000+ since GPUs are still holding 75%+ resell value. (in fact it is more like 85-90% as of writing!)

I'm just so glad that when I came to a MINER FORUM I didn't listen to threads like these.

I do live in the USA where electricity isn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive compared to other countries. Really this is the key here is how cheap you can get it, Canadians seem to be doing very well along with China of course.

Personally I could survive still at $3-$5 eth price range but I believe Eth will go back up to $10+ and possibly $20+ mainly because I also believe in the technology itself along with the dev team.
    LOL I think you fail to grasp my calculation. The price increase of ETH doesn't change the fact that your amount of ETH mined will never be more than the amount of ETH you could have bought at that very same time you bought the GPUs

If the price rose to 20USD, you'd be making more off buying that ETH at this time than you would have earnt with that measly ETH you mined within one month or even the next 10 months to top that with the current difficulty.

If you can't understand what I'm saying then you really need to go back to pre-school and learn your mathematics all over.

You are right in the fact that he could've bought more ETH initially at the time he bought his GPUs than be can mine in a specific time period. Bought you're ignoring the resale value of his equipment. This means that he is actually getting ETH cheaper than outright buying it, or possibly free if he found amazing deals on GPUs, once he decides to sell his mining gear.

Yup, so stupid to come here saying don't mine you might as well just buy Eth instead.. So many things over these kids heads its insane. Maybe just trolling, I really don't know..

Fucking clowns!
    And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in?

"And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? "

There's nothing ignorant about my question statement. You live in the USA and that's it. Your situation does not represent the majority of the people out there who're interested in mining.
    Duh? Maybe learn to read. Infact my situation is worse than a lot of other people as I already mentioned, so this shows how little you take account for EVERYBODY as I already did.

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

"I do live in the USA where electricity isn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive compared to other countries. Really this is the key here is how cheap you can get it, Canadians seem to be doing very well along with China of course."
    Look who's trolling. Obviously you don't read and understand what I'm saying.

"And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in?"

Keep reading it out loud. Maybe you will understand that I'm not literally asking you a question. It's a statement put as a sarcastic question. *facepalm

Srsly I'm at a loss for words with someone so dense.
    I already proved you didn't read what I said, so anything else you say is just more noise.

Read before you talk troll.
    You assume your situation is worse off than others lol. Mind you USA has much cheaper electricity than many other countries out there in the world. Also, as per the second quote, you're obviously in the wrong where you originally misread my question and assumed that I didn't read yours right LOL.

Please a troll trying to push off his mistakes by calling others troll. I rest my case. Waste of my time even bothering to respond to the likes of you. Your mistake at least have the balls to admit you read me wrongly and apologise.
    Ah so you are trolling, this whole thread was just one big troll and none sense, just like the other threads telling people not to mine.

You made even more false assumptions and statements again.

Go back and read, I won't baby you anymore.
    None of it is false nor a troll statement and any sane person would agree. Especially the argument we were having where you're in the wrong. Those in disagreement are all sick in the head That's it. Full stop.

The only one is the uninvited troll here with an agenda to derail and ruin a perfectly well intentioned thread is you. This is really the final post of me entertaining you.

GTFO the thread if you dislike it so much and make one to ask miners to mine. Bye
  • dittoditto Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

"And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in?"

Keep reading it out loud. Maybe you will understand that I'm not literally asking you a question. It's a statement put as a sarcastic question. *facepalm

I already proved you didn't read what I said, so anything else you say is just more noise.

You assume your situation is worse off than others lol. Mind you USA has much cheaper electricity than many other countries out there in the world. Also, as per the second quote, you're obviously in the wrong where you originally misread my question and assumed that I didn't read yours right LOL.

Please a troll trying to push off his mistakes by calling others troll. I rest my case. Waste of my time even bothering to respond to the likes of you. Your mistake at least have the balls to admit you read me wrongly and apologise.
    Ah so you are trolling, this whole thread was just one big troll and none sense, just like the other threads telling people not to mine.

None of it is false nor a troll statement and any sane person would agree. Especially the argument we were having where you're in the wrong. Those in disagreement are all sick in the head That's it. Full stop.

The only one is the uninvited troll here with an agenda to derail and ruin a perfectly well intentioned thread is you. This is really the final post of me entertaining you.

GTFO the thread if you dislike it so much and make one to ask miners to mine. Bye
    You keep making statements as if someone like myself didn't already say that.

Learn to read before you post, it really is that simple.
    edited April 2016
    ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

You keep making statements as if someone like myself didn't already say that.

Learn to read before you post, it really is that simple.
    Your in the wrong buddy, people like myself already said the crap you keep repeating.

Your desperate attempts to try and act like you are right by copying what others say is amusing.
    Here let me show you the statement again:

God you sure are retarded!
    syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

I just wanted to show people this post again and laugh, as if he hasn't already said enough stupid things already.
    syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Learn.
    To.
    Read.

Here is another, really its like he doesn't read anything anyone says!
    edited April 2016
    syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!
    And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in? Please shows how inconsiderate you are. Don't speak for others who're not in your situation lol. My calculations apply to those to find it relevant to themselves and is a warning to let people check and calculate for themselves before they actually commit to buying GPU.

Also, obviously you haven't read my other pointers regarding Mined ETH being entitled to GST tax twice once for selling the ETH to bitcoin and once for receiving the bitcoin, PLUS the fact that when you mine the bitcoin, it is taxed at your annual income tax rate based on your income bracket ON THAT DAY.

Plus the fact that all your GPUs sold are entitled to income tax as well or as a business sales depending on the amount of money you get from selling it.

So you're saying minus all those your GPU still retains 90% from bought value? You must be a criminal evading tax. The IRS should arrest you.

That said, you say it as if one could sell 100 GPU within one day on ebay lol. Doesn't ebay have a 100 item limit per month? As each month passes by, the GPU value would likely reduce as well and not to mention that since you bought the GPU already, why would you sell it after 3 months just to get back less of what your card would have been worth lol.

In that 3 months if you bought the ETH itself, you have no more entitlements for electricity bill, no more entitlements to mining income tax if ETH devalues plus you get to trade that whole sum of ETH on the exchange allowing yourself opportunities to ride the volatile market and get 15% gains on the WHOLE SUM.

I need not point out that my suggestion far outshines that of what this criminal is suggesting.

I'd rather be a clown than a criminal any day.

Please, take your best shot. I'll be waiting.
    This is my favorite one though, and the thing about taxes - oh god LOLed so hard!

One failed assumption after another. Does this guy EVER get facts straight?

Oh my god 100 GPUs LOL $9000 doesn't buy 100 GPUs! (and not everyone is has 100 GPUs jeeze why don't you think about everyone!)

He literally just starts making shit up to fit what he believes, but not what is fact.
    edited April 2016
    Anyway I'm done laughing.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    To sum up the accountant on taxes.

You have to pay taxes when you buy the GPUs
    You have to pay taxes when the pool sends you your ETH to your ETH wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you send your ETH from ETH wallet to the exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your ETH for BTC on the exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you withdraw your BTC to your BTC online wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you transfer from your BTC online wallet to BTC Cold storage
    You have to pay taxes when you transfer from Cold storage to Coinbase exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your BTC for US Dollars
    You have to pay taxes when you withdraw your US Dollars
    You have to pay taxes when you keep your US Dollars in your wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you put your US Dollars under your mattress.
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your GPUs
    edited April 2016
    adaseb said:

To sum up the accountant on taxes.

You have to pay taxes when you buy the GPUs
    You have to pay taxes when the pool sends you your ETH to your ETH wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you send your ETH from ETH wallet to the exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your ETH for BTC on the exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you withdraw your BTC to your BTC online wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you transfer from your BTC online wallet to BTC Cold storage
    You have to pay taxes when you transfer from Cold storage to Coinbase exchange
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your BTC for US Dollars
    You have to pay taxes when you withdraw your US Dollars
    You have to pay taxes when you keep your US Dollars in your wallet
    You have to pay taxes when you put your US Dollars under your mattress.
    You have to pay taxes when you sell your GPUs

LOLed

People pay taxes on PROFITS - no one denied this but according to syaoran99 this sounds right in his mind!
    Post edited by ditto on
    edited April 2016
    God I'm still laughing, he is even confused on how taxes work - no you don't get taxed for moving ETH (or BTC) from one wallet to another - oh my god! AHAHAHAHAHA.

DIRECT FROM THE IRS GOV WEBSITE:
    https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf

Let me help you out - no you don't pay taxes the second you mine Ethereum - but you report the Eth you earned at the time giving it fair market value.

So if at the end of the year you break even - guess what you pay no taxes. Or if you lost - guess what that gets reported and you now pay LESS taxes!

But yes, if you profit the IRS takes a cut of the PROFIT - if you end up LOSING the IRS has nothing to tax but instead gives you a tax break.
    Post edited by ditto on
  • syaoran99syaoran99 Member Posts: 204
    To everyone out there, I apologize for my rant earlier. I was Hangry to say the least. After the recent responses I've read from him, I am aware that I should not have lashed out like that. I fully repent for my sins and I shall henceforth show more restraint when conversing with another individual to avoid being a douche to someone special.

I'm sorry that I was not aware of how special he was. I will now silently observe the market and avoid being emotionally provoked that easily.

I'm sorry @ditto always remember you're special in our hearts.
    edited April 2016
    syaoran99 said:

To everyone out there, I apologize for my rant earlier. I was Hangry to say the least. After the recent responses I've read from him, I am aware that I should not have lashed out like that. I fully repent for my sins and I shall henceforth show more restraint when conversing with another individual to avoid being a douche to someone special.

I'm sorry that I was not aware of how special he was. I will now silently observe the market and avoid being emotionally provoked that easily.

I'm sorry @ditto always remember you're special in our hearts.

I'm sorry too that you are in a weird stage of denial, when facts are laid out right in front of you. :)

Just learn to read before responding and maybe you'll recover.

Thanks for the laughs and proving my points even further of why you shouldn't take advice from a moron like yourself. :dizzy:

Thanks for showing your true colors, and what you actually know, which is next to nothing.
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Did i spot some sarcasm....? :)
    Heliox said:

Did i spot some sarcasm....? :)

something was sure spotted...
    edited April 2016
    syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!
    And you're basing the resale value and electricity cost based on the US only no? So your situation is the only sort of situation the world is in? Please shows how inconsiderate you are. Don't speak for others who're not in your situation lol. My calculations apply to those to find it relevant to themselves and is a warning to let people check and calculate for themselves before they actually commit to buying GPU.

Also, obviously you haven't read my other pointers regarding Mined ETH being entitled to GST tax twice once for selling the ETH to bitcoin and once for receiving the bitcoin, PLUS the fact that when you mine the bitcoin, it is taxed at your annual income tax rate based on your income bracket ON THAT DAY.

Plus the fact that all your GPUs sold are entitled to income tax as well or as a business sales depending on the amount of money you get from selling it.

So you're saying minus all those your GPU still retains 90% from bought value? You must be a criminal evading tax. The IRS should arrest you.

That said, you say it as if one could sell 100 GPU within one day on ebay lol. Doesn't ebay have a 100 item limit per month? As each month passes by, the GPU value would likely reduce as well and not to mention that since you bought the GPU already, why would you sell it after 3 months just to get back less of what your card would have been worth lol.

In that 3 months if you bought the ETH itself, you have no more entitlements for electricity bill, no more entitlements to mining income tax if ETH devalues plus you get to trade that whole sum of ETH on the exchange allowing yourself opportunities to ride the volatile market and get 15% gains on the WHOLE SUM.

I need not point out that my suggestion far outshines that of what this criminal is suggesting.

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

wege12 said:

syaoran99 said:

ditto said:

rdnkjdi said:

Fucking clowns!

Just had to make sure people saw this.

EDIT: omg this damn thing I've had enough laughs at this guy going to bed!
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I laughed so bloody hard at the recent posts in this thread. Cyberbulling (clearly not a crime by itself) comparison to slander made me fall out of my chair.

I'm still rolling on the floor chuckling at how rediculous this syaoran troll is.

I'm heading out to buy the GPUs for my latest rig now! 4x Radeon Pro Duo's baby! Set me back $8500 CAD, but if syaoran is saying not to build more rigs, the opposite much be the right approach!
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    You'll have to let us know what the hash rate is on those bad boys ...
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    rdnkjdi said:

You'll have to let us know what the hash rate is on those bad boys ...

Since the radeon pro duos are essentially 2x fury cards, I'm presuming a 4 card rig will easily put out over 200MH/s with solidly low power consumption.

Resale on the 2x GPU AMD cards seems to remain consistently high (just look at how hard it is to find a 7990 or 295x2), these crazy cards actually seem like a possibly decent (and fun!) investment.
    Yes I've noticed that on the resale value. Thought about picking up some of the dual 300's but they're $800. Yours actually seem like a possibly safer investment.
  • hawkfishhawkfish Member Posts: 10
    Cool cards @work, but $$$. Let us know your results and may be I will get a few for myself.
    edited April 2016
    Yes I've noticed that on the resale value. Thought about picking up some of the dual 390's but they're $800. Yours actually seem like a possibly safer investment.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    Pro duo's price is a joke.

2xgpu's are currently up by 40% in price due to mining frenzy. Do not make your calculations on current gpu prices. (dropped down a bit, prices in March were up by 100%)

I bought a bunch of 7990 and after months of mining sold them for 50% more.

AMD isn't stupid they will rip you off while they can. 1500 in US 1835 after exchange in the UK.
    That card will give you 145 a month minus electricity.

I got myself two Pro Duos for quad crossfire gaming XD
    edited April 2016
    Shouldn't mining increase the 2xgpu's almost none if the spot price is already over the single GPU price? Mining you're paying for hash no?

In other words - as a miner why would you pay 30 - 50% more per hash than just buying retail cards? I don't think mining is what's holding the value of these dual cards up ...
    Post edited by rdnkjdi on
  • ThatDudeThereThatDudeThere Member Posts: 135
    edited April 2016
    @syaoran99 You SHOULD NOT be gaming on 2 Pro Duos. You should buy AMD stock instead.

@syaoran99 You SHOULD NOT be gaming on 2 Pro Duos. You should buy AMD stock instead.

why not? I'd like to know. I usually render quite a lot of architectural 3d as well but I'm sure the Pro Duo are overkill still fun :)
  • ThatDudeThereThatDudeThere Member Posts: 135
    Well don't say I didn't warn you.
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    @work
    Why would you buy the duo at $1500 to $1200 when you can get two nanos for under 1k

Well don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm not being difficult. I genuinely want to know why not is there a drop in gaming performance or whatnot? I'm currently using a GTX 980ti for my games I just thought two is better than one.

Besides I'm having two of them together to make it a quadfirex experience. Especially in preparation for VR games

Is that bad?