Forums going away - where will the mining community go?

rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4efzvh/migrating_away_from_the_ethereum_forums/

This has by far been the best place to discuss Ethereum mining. Where will all of you be hanging out?

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
  • brakabbrakab Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2016
    Whaaaaat... That sucks. I'll be hanging out in the #ethereumOS IRC channel, reddit, cryptocompare and stackexchange.
    Post edited by brakab on
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    This forum is going away?
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Will probably be stuck on the Bitcoin forums which are really outdated especially for responding to messages and posting code/images
  • ipolicipolic Member Posts: 26
    Guys I can set up some forum within 24 hrs, do you want me to do it? Should it be for MINING only or ethereum in general?
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    ethereumtalk.net isn't registered ... just checked. I don't want the headache. There's also this - http://etherforum.org/. Kinda boggles my mind that the foundation has tens of millions but decides to shut down the forum. It's perfect for semi disposable information that needs to be archived (vs disposable reddit / chats)
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty unbelievably retarded that they asked "the community" to vote on what to do with the forums ON REDDIT.

If you like the forums, go most in that stupid reddit thread and tell them that reddit is not an alternative, and maybe they should poll the forum community instead of having their heads up their asses.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    work said:

Pretty unbelievably retarded that they asked "the community" to vote on what to do with the forums ON REDDIT.

If you like the forums, go most in that stupid reddit thread and tell them that reddit is not an alternative, and maybe they should poll the forum community instead of having their heads up their asses.

i just did.
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    This is such a f*cking stupid idea. They seriously can't afford the $300 a month for hosting the forums? If they're really that tight, i'm sure they could find other ways to run it in a cheaper way, or, dare I say it, put banner ads on the forum pages to help with maintenance costs.
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76
    @hasher Abcedarian make a comment on that reddit thread and tell them to shove it... their heads are clearly up their asses already.
  • verjicverjic Member Posts: 143
    I really don't understand that move.....This can not be a problem of money... They can run some google ads on the forum and I'm sure anyone of us will click at least once. But this makes me think about Ethereum future.... if they can not afford to keep a forum online, how will they afford to develop future of Ethereum Network?
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    How bad does it look to close down public forums right as the price dives...
    @verjic They are seeing how little used the other, non-mining, forum topics are and judging the whole forum from that perspective. From a developer point of view, this forum going away is no loss. Be that as it may, for miners, this *is* the best place to come, with a lot less crap flying around the other mining forums I've visited. Go to the reddit link in the OP and tell them what you think!
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the scam comments by the trolls in the past were true after all? I don't want to believe this at all, but how else can it be explained?
    @hasher Are you referring to Ethereum? They want to close down a forum that they see, from a developer view, as little used, and you extrapolate that into Ethereum is crumbling? I guess Microsoft and JP Morgan Chase back scams all the time, right?
  • greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭

http://etherforum.org/

Sounds good, only been up and running a month. Needs you good people to make it homely. :)
    Hay I went to buy some eth, got a really good price. :) :p
    @greenuser I wouldn't be surprised if that forum is run by @dr_pra from ethpool/ethermine. Really good fellow. That's definitely where I'll go, if it comes to that.
    thanks for the heads up, go read this forums homepage.
    @greenuser Maybe not. I just looked at the homepage, and it's a different style, but who knows?
    @greenuser @dlehenky If there would be a way to move all the topics with very important info from this one to that new forum...why not. It should work. But I hope that in the end they will not shut this one down.....
  • tflux99tflux99 Member Posts: 31
    lol ethereum pops out as a joke not even this 5$ monthly forum is holdable the devs running away with the 50 million eth premined sell as much as they can and the rest who trusted eth are broke hehe just kidding but who knows....
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised ;) ?
    Well look on the good side. I bought myself some Eth at £5.12 GBP each this afternoon.
    Now its on the up again :) Might buy some more quick
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    greenuser said:

Well look on the good side. I bought myself some Eth at £5.12 GBP each this afternoon.
    Now its on the up again :) Might buy some more quick

Trying to catch a falling knife may cut your hands up.
    I heard it would be good if it goes down to $2.

At the moment there is nothing that could keep it up. Therefore it will go down.
    Developers may keep their mouth shut to let it drop. Then buy more with their friends and profit again.

But I'm just a random guy on the forum ;) defo not a good trading advice.

PS. looking at the chart at Polo the last big wall left is at roughly 50 cents. (which is the ATL)

PS2 I feel sorry for all the DIGIX investors. They went in at 11.50 and might go out with peanuts.
    @bbcoin Regardless of what asset you buy at what price, and what the market value of that asset does over time, nothing matters till you sell it. But, that's what people prone to gloom, doom, and panic do, and that's why they always lose their ass.
    edited April 2016
    @dlehenky cc @bbcoin indeed. The strong HODL. The weak panic sell.

That said, I personally believe Ether experienced its ATH, and likely won't return to that BTC/Eth value ever again.

On-topic: go post on reddit and/or send a message on reddit to some of the people talking about shutting down this forum. Let's at least make a stand, as the real Eth community that we represent.
    @work "ever again" is a long time :) It may not revisit it's high of $15 anytime before Pos, but I think there will be periods when it's somewhere between where it is now and that high-water mark, say $11 or so. I'm not saying it will necessarily stay there, but who knows? It's always going to be one major announcement away from tanking or soaring.
    Honestly, after seeing the bullshit responses on reddit from the subreddit mods, I think I'm just done with this community.

750 posts sounds like a good place to sign-off.

Thanks to everyone that made this community great! I'll be back if Ethereum management pulls their heads out if their asses.