New faster ETH miner out with Dual mining support

Comments

• HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    I wasn't talking about the extra decred speed. I tested with only running Ethereum :)

So it automatically uses more energy for only mining Ethereum.

Like i said, it's not better than the old one.

It probably is better when mining both with no electricity cost.

But otherwise. Nope, not better :)
  • Martins2040Martins2040 Member Posts: 27
    Heliox said:

I wasn't talking about the extra decred speed. I tested with only running Ethereum :)

Ah ok well thats probably why, since i havent tried it only with Ether.
    Thanks for clarifying:)
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    I switched over and you all need to if you run amd cards !

its far more reslinent than even genoli's miner , i.e when one card dies or hangs it will recover gracefully and keep running the other cards. I get 30+ mhs for ALL my 390s now temps are slighty higer

and no I am not dual mining.

I plan to test this box for a while then switch over my other boxes steadily over this week.

Heliox said:

If you have stablity issues like I have , it is FAR far and away better, this miner is more stable than the other miners. One box i have been having issues with and had to re-install the entire OS 2-3 times is running smooth with this miner over the last six hours.
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2016
    After 24 hours i'm happy to say this client is perfect for me.
    With ethminer i had always crash, impossible to mine in a full day without 1 or many crash, driver not responding in windows log, freeze of ethminer or sometimes windows reboot.
    I dont know if setting virtual memory to 16GB and creating 2 pagefile.sys resolve my problem but with claymore there is no crash anymore !
    I set core clock at 1225 for all GPU and the temperature is better than ethminer with MSI AB
    GPU 1 72 degree => 70 %
    GPU 2 85 degree=> 75 %
    GPU 3 85 degree=> 75 %
    GPU 4 57 degree => 70 %
    (GPU 2 and 3 are taken in sandwich so temp is higher)

Total = 139,575 mh/s :smile:

Post edited by Godmaster on
    clay.png 217.7K
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Godmaster said:

After 24 hours i'm happy to say this client is perfect for me.
    With ethminer i had always crash, impossible to mine in a full day without 1 or many crash, driver not responding in windows log, freeze of ethminer or sometimes windows reboot.
    I dont know if setting virtual memory to 16GB and creating 2 pagefile.sys resolve my problem but with claymore there is no crash anymore !
    I set core clock at 1225 for all GPU and the temperature is better than ethminer with MSI AB
    GPU 1 72 degree => 70 %
    GPU 2 85 degree=> 75 %
    GPU 3 85 degree=> 75 %
    GPU 4 57 degree => 70 %
    (GPU 2 and 3 are taken in sandwich so temp is higher)

Total = 139,575 mh/s :smile:

Wow, 1225 is really fast for a 390. I get crashes above 1100. What brand/model of card are you using?
    rether said:

Wow, 1225 is really fast for a 390. I get crashes above 1100. What brand/model of card are you using?

MSI R9 390X

one thing abou this miner is i think it has problems with mix and matched cards some of my rigs with a mix of 390, 380 and 370s crash after a while
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Where can i find some more info about the 2 pagefiles? Thx
    ..i think if the same as Genoil
    C:\Users\Miner\AppData\Local\Ethash
    edited April 2016
    Theres a v3.0 out now!
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925

And it seems slightly faster than v2.0!
  • rismondorismondo Member Posts: 58
    Yup I got 3.0, i find it weird, if I lower voltage to -80 my hashrate get up for 1 MH/s (dunno why), I am getting 30MH/s on -40 volts 1100/1250 r9 290, but If I put -80 I get 31,3MH/s but If i touch computer(open browser) I get driver stopped working error so its not good for me, cuz I use that computer for other stuff too. But hey, with qtminer i was geting 25-27 hashrate and now it reports 30.
  • taz002devtaz002dev 0x26ff3ed5c5025b5a3c288b9139d0396f9de5891fMember Posts: 47
    edited April 2016
    For pool miners? Does the hashrate on screen match the one on the Pool?
    I am on coiotron for about 24 hours. The rate reported is 110Mhs/ vs.Coinotron is 100Mh/s
    What't going on?
    There is a and increasead hashrate using this miner but only local up to this point.
    Post edited by taz002dev on
  • CybullCybull Member Posts: 17
    since yesterday night ethermine.org stopped displaying one of my workers, but im still mining and am connected to the stratum server, does anyone know the reason why this is happening?
  • muerethemuerethe Member Posts: 16
    Cybull said:

since yesterday night ethermine.org stopped displaying one of my workers, but im still mining and am connected to the stratum server, does anyone know the reason why this is happening?

Delete your dag. That fixed it for me.
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    Got anyone run this miner working with Coinotron?
    I gave this miner a try...only about 1-2% faster but also some bad shares (which never happened with ethminer) so minus the dev fee as well it's a loss. Oh well.
  • rismondorismondo Member Posts: 58
    whats the point that undervolting rises hashrate for 2 mhs, is it program bug or it rly rises?
    muerethe said:

Cybull said:

Delete your dag. That fixed it for me.
    I tried that but still no dice, I even deleted my whole ethereum folder at appadata and waited for the whole blockchain to resync anyone know what the reason behind this is?
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    His dag files are under C:\Users\<<YourUser>>\AppData\Local\EthDcrMiner64 - not the normal ethash location.
    Thanks anyways I fixed it, back to mining now!
  • CorePrime95CorePrime95 Member Posts: 21
    It indeed works good, 5% increase on r390 for me!
    So apparently it did fix it but now i am only submitting invalid shares and my hashrate is 2.2mh/s on a r7 370
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Did you delete and regen the dag? I get invalid shares if I have a corrupted one.
    For those of you reporting increased speeds are you actually seeing this at your pool? When I tried this miner it was reporting slightly faster speeds but the pool was actually reporting lower overall AND I was getting bad shares in just ETH mode.
  • cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
    I've had 10 bad shares after 60,000 submitted shares on ethpool. I'm trying out dwarfpool right now and I have 0 rejected after 20,000. I was having some bad share issues before I started using this miner, so the difference for me has been >5%. I'd say about 6-8%1 Couldn't be happier.
  • JLCkmJLCkm Member Posts: 1
    Dual miner ETH+DCR calculator cryptoage.com
  • disturbiliciousdisturbilicious CanadaMember Posts: 24
    edited April 2016
    I have to say, when I first read this thread a week ago, I was somewhat skeptical. Now, after 40+ hours of mining with Claymore's miner, I can say with confidence that I'm getting 15-20% more ETH compared to the previous miner I used.

The hashrate is much more stable, GPU utilization for all cards is at 100%, and the readings from the miner match those reported by the pool. Looking through the log files I couldn't find any rejected/invalid shares, even though all my cards are undervolted and/or overclocked.

I'm a very happy customer.
  • taz002devtaz002dev 0x26ff3ed5c5025b5a3c288b9139d0396f9de5891fMember Posts: 47
    edited April 2016
    Termie said:

Got anyone run this miner working with Coinotron?

Yes after lots of hours of trying cursing and searching got it.
    Donations welcomed. I would have if I found any answer on the web. It would have saved me half day of downtime and lots of wasted time. Anyway replace "userName.worker" & "CoinotronWorkerPasswordtext" with your coinotron credentials. This is just single ether mining not dual example.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal userName.worker -epsw CoinotronWorkerPassword -esm 2 -mode 1 -allpools 1

Q: How do I stop the worker without killing the command window?
    Ctrl+C does not work.

BTW: Today I unpluged my rigs out of the wall for at least 24hours. It is Earth Day so I do not think I'm helping at all drawing 2,35KWh. Thanks Google for posting a logo for it.
    Will get people laugh at me but I don't care since 20£ lost is the least I can do.
    Consider it yourself.
    Anyway Ether is going down, not so profitable anymore and on the long run 1-2 months will sell it all. We could find smarter ways to earn some extra money.
    Post edited by taz002dev on
    Hello,

Someone can tell me why the GPU order list is different between MSI afterburner and Claymore's client ?