New faster ETH miner out with Dual mining support

adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925

Just noticed this posted on Bitcointalk.

It also mines DCR at the same time.

Trying it out now.

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look fully baked, yet.
  • etakmitetakmit Member Posts: 28
    Interesting miner! I'll be keeping an eye on it.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    can i set this to mine with nanopool?
    Yes, if the stratum connection is compatible, which I believe it is.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Doesn't work with MiningPoolHub for some reason but works with Ethermine.

With ETH+DCR only mining its about 2% faster with Tahiti based cards but mines DCR at 0.3GHS so at the current rate its about 20% more daily profit.

With ETH only its about 5.5% faster with Tahiti based cards.

Also whats good about this miner is that if one GPU crashes the rest still mine until ethminer which stops the entire program.
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75
    R7 370 slower by 15-20% or is it just here? :)
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Think he'll support Linux?
    crsminer said:

R7 370 slower by 15-20% or is it just here? :)

yeah Pitcarn is slower.
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75
    It's in the Readme file also, but only referring about 270/270x and dual mining.

Not good for rigs with mixed cards.
  • DRGDRG Member Posts: 31
    I'm actually seeing LOWER hashrates with my Tonga cards (R9 380) using dual mining.
    Yes dual mining results in slightly lower hashrates.
  • SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Getting about 1.5GHs on suprnova. Not too bad. Waiting to see what ethermine says... Takes a bit.

With 1.5GHs, what should my diff be on suprnova? 8 or 64?
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Going to test this on one of my 6 x 390 rigs now. Thanks for the heads up @adaseb :)
  • syaoran99syaoran99 Member Posts: 204
    cool. this is heaps awesome. I wonder if someone will make dual mining for Nicehashx11 + Ethminer :) that would be sick!

That said @kotarius I think another miner that would be a major contender to your ethOS is available. People might switch to Windows just to have that 20% added profit from mining DCR
    @syaoran99 Can't see decent sized farms switching over to Windows. Lot's of downtime, lots of headaches. I would imagine you could run the DCR miner alongside ethminer to mine DCR at the same time, although I haven't looked into it, yet. There's nothing about OpenCL that prevents two independent processes from using the same GPU at the same time. GPUs with a lot of cores aren't using them all for ethminer, that I know for certain.
  • anonymous95anonymous95 Member Posts: 248
    So you can mine ethereum and decred at the same time? Withoud lossing hashes?
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Just tried it on a small stock set 7950+7970

ETH only 38.1MHS Dual = ETH 35MHS DCR 525.8MHS

So you do lose about 8% of ETH mining power to gain the ability to mine DCR at the same time.
    As long as DCR holds the price or goes up it's ok to do.
    If DCR drops in price it makes no sense since the miner will give 2% fee to the developer.

*** Watch out, this miner increases temperature by 5 degrees on all cards.
    Fans need to spin up higher. If you are running hot already this might kill your cards when outside temperature increases.

I still need to test the alleged improvement on invalid shares.
    bbcoin said:

Just tried it on a small stock set 7950+7970

ETH only 38.1MHS Dual = ETH 35MHS DCR 525.8MHS

So you do lose about 8% of ETH mining power to gain the ability to mine DCR at the same time.
    As long as DCR holds the price or goes up it's ok to do.
    If DCR drops in price it makes no sense since the miner will give 2% fee to the developer.

I will need to test the alleged improvement on invalid shares.

Any mining calculator?
    1GHS of DCR is 0.0038 BTC

Doing the math I think you make like 5-10% extra
  • IkeagoIkeago Member Posts: 130
    @bbcoin hit + and - buttons while the console is running and check your hashrate. it slows speeds up or down the DCR mining. I used this until I was getting the max eth hash. I am not sure this is working or not. the hash looks awesome at the the console 101 mhash but on the pool its only getting 67 right now but it is slowly climbing. Submitted shares though is matching one of my other rigs running at 75 Mhash
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    @anonymous95 What are you on about?
    Anyone find a way to get it working on Mining pool hub?
    I just rechecked and I am up to 85 hash and the shares compared to my other rig increased too. 40 shares on the 75 Mhash rig and 49 on my rig running 101 Mhash dual mining.
    dlehenky said:

@syaoran99 Can't see decent sized farms switching over to Windows. Lot's of downtime, lots of headaches. I would imagine you could run the DCR miner alongside ethminer to mine DCR at the same time, although I haven't looked into it, yet. There's nothing about OpenCL that prevents two independent processes from using the same GPU at the same time. GPUs with a lot of cores aren't using them all for ethminer, that I know for certain.

Well it all depends on whether they're greedy for the 20% extra earnings though. That is heaps imo. If it's proven to be stable I'll definitely commit to the switch myself because AFAIK my Windows rigs are very VERY stable and they actually re-connect on their own should any downtime happen while from what I've experienced, ethOS requires me to manually reboot the PC if dwarfpool has some hiccups or server issues. I've never had an instance where my windows miners end up stalling or having errors thus far *Fingers crossed*

The only issue is to have to reformat the pc fresh to windows which takes quite a bit of time especially installing the drivers and all. Which ethOS makes super easy. Pros and Cons I guess. You want the easy way out, you earn less money. Money doesn't come easy :D
    My GPU usage is spiking it looks like the usage I was getting before using stratum mining.
    Anyway to switch between Windows and Linux when your headless?

Only way I can think of is to have 2 harddrive and switch manually.
    ETH + X11 Dual Mining.

Just run sgminer after running Claymore miner and with a 280X I get

ETH: 17MH/s
    X11: 2.6MH/s
    on a 100 MH rig I am getting about a extra .8 DCR coin a day so its making about a dollar extra a day so not going to make you rich or anything but kinda nice.
    bbcoin said:

@anonymous95 What are you on about?

Something like ethereum calculator
    edited April 2016
    adaseb said:

ETH + X11 Dual Mining.

Just run sgminer after running Claymore miner and with a 280X I get

ETH: 17MH/s
    X11: 2.6MH/s

WHOA that's cool meaning ETH, x11 and DCR mining all 3 in ONE go?! If that's possible, i'm going full on Windows lol

I'm just wondering if that will overload the GPU and kill it D: