Sharing my MSI R7 370 2GB @ 18 MH/s Details

philakonephilakone Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
All my MSI R7 370 2GB get 17-18 MH/s. Maybe it'll work for you too? I test out each card individually before they go into 6 gpu rigs. I've tried every make and model of R7 370s. Nothing quite performs like the MSI R7 370 2GB. Proof in the pudding:

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    global-work 16388 eh... that's interesting.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Can you post GPU-Z screen?

7870 XT series cards was based on Tahiti LE GPU, have 1536 stream processors.
    They must be named as 7930, like 6930, but we have that we have.

Maybe threre's some kind of Tonga LE GPU.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Are you mining ETH or EXPanse or some other coins.

I can't get mine above 16.5Mh/s even with your config.

Maybe others will have luck. I got the exact same card as you.
  • VuQuocHai1VuQuocHai1 Member Posts: 49
    adaseb said:

Are you mining ETH or EXPanse or some other coins.

I can't get mine above 16.5Mh/s even with your config.

Maybe others will have luck. I got the exact same card as you.

If they are same setting -same clk same memory type then you may ask for Which SDK Version - use GPU shark , my 2 cent .
  • philakonephilakone Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @Jukebox @adaseb @VuQuocHai1 I'm mining ethereum, hence the reason why I'm posting in the Ethereum forums. Not here to mislead anyone. Just thought other people may benefit if it works for them too. Here are the 3 new ones I purchased today (2 different rigs, 1 in one, and 2 in the other) All averages out to be about 18 MH/s. Not sure what I'm doing, but all R7 370s I've purchased from memory express these past few months are wicked.

I downclocked the core by 20 and memory by 30 in the gpuz because I'm about to sleep. Sometimes at the max slider it freezes at night, but a slight decrease never does freeze on me.

gpuz.png 384.5K
    Yeah i got the same bios version and everything.

Maybe someone else will have luck.
  • VuQuocHai1VuQuocHai1 Member Posts: 49
    adaseb said:

Yeah i got the same bios version and everything.

Maybe someone else will have luck.

SS memory great ONES ,try 15.7.1 like him man .
    @philakone Ty man - great picture but I dont have any r370 for messing around :) .
    I can't use 15.7.1 because I got an old 6990 gpu and it only works with 14.4.

Anyway to use different AMD drivers with different cards?
  • Charloz24Charloz24 Member Posts: 5
    I have several MSI 370 gaming 2gb so I tried it, and it doesn't even work with 16388.

I call it false, check at the pic he is NOT running it at farm recheck 200 his ethminer is set at 800....
    edited April 2016
    Charloz24 said:

I have several MSI 370 gaming 2gb so I tried it, and it doesn't even work with 16388.

I call it false, check at the pic he is NOT running it at farm recheck 200 his ethminer is set at 800....

Oh that was changed after I ran it already. I had JUST set it up and wasn't finished my bat. Also you're absolutely wrong. Farm recheck has nothing to do with that 0.8 you see... please learn what farm recheck actually does. If you set it to 0.2 in a non stratum server, it doesn't mean it's going to get "5 computations of hashes per second."

Cool that you disagree. Glad it doesn't affect me in ANY way. :) Those that doubt are usually jealous!

*** BE JEALOUS ***
    edited April 2016
    @Charloz24 I'm the first person (that I know) who WROTE a guide HERE on how to mine. A super detailed one too. I also made the FIRST detailed youtube video explaining how to set up mining.

I'm absolutely just trying to troll the community. YOU CAUGHT ME!! :)

** haters will hate what they can't achieve **
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    philakone said:

@Charloz24 I'm the first person (that I know) who WROTE a guide HERE on how to mine.

@philakone What are you on? You only joined on March 18th. There's been detailed guides since Olympic.

• MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

philakone said:

@Charloz24 I'm the first person (that I know) who WROTE a guide HERE on how to mine.

@philakone What are you on? You only joined on March 18th. There's been detailed guides since Olympic.

@o0ragman0o Just ignore him. He lashes out at anyone who even slightly questions him. I assume he's some middle schooler or high schooler, at best.

Remember, this is the same guy that started arguing with everyone when he couldn't back up his original claims of R7 370's hashing at 21+ Mh/s and he tried to use Nanopool's (horrible) hashrate graph as proof. Derp. He even submitted those numbers to the public database that poor noobs were using to base their purchase decisions on.

Now he's back with his 18+ Mh/s, which once again nobody else can manage to confirm.
  • JPSJPS Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2016
    philakone said:

@Jukebox @adaseb @VuQuocHai1 I'm mining ethereum, hence the reason why I'm posting in the Ethereum forums. Not here to mislead anyone. Just thought other people may benefit if it works for them too. Here are the 3 new ones I purchased today (2 different rigs, 1 in one, and 2 in the other) All averages out to be about 18 MH/s. Not sure what I'm doing, but all R7 370s I've purchased from memory express these past few months are wicked.

I downclocked the core by 20 and memory by 30 in the gpuz because I'm about to sleep. Sometimes at the max slider it freezes at night, but a slight decrease never does freeze on me.

What I see in that picture is your reported hashrate of 18/36 MH/s being a green line, and the red line wich is your average being well below that. So I'm not sure what you are doing either, except for some wishful thinking...

EDIT: ow, and the 36 MH/s line looks like it has been running for let's say 2 hours. But luckily you covered it all up by your GPU-Z window
  • ed1ed1 Member Posts: 46
    philakone said:

All my MSI R7 370 2GB get 17-18 MH/s. Maybe it'll work for you too? I test out each card individually before they go into 6 gpu rigs. I've tried every make and model of R7 370s. Nothing quite performs like the MSI R7 370 2GB. Proof in the pudding:

Can i use this with nanopool?
  • spiz0rspiz0r Member Posts: 27
    adaseb said:

I can't use 15.7.1 because I got an old 6990 gpu and it only works with 14.4.

Anyway to use different AMD drivers with different cards?

Are you really mining ETH with 6990? I couldnt get it work.