Mining problem pc turn off

anonymous95anonymous95 Member Posts: 248
Hello a day ago I got a problem after every 6h my pc is turning off?
Cause of what is that? I was mining a long time without problem and now when I try to go from 16.1 driver to 15.2 I got this problem.
Then I uninstal the 15.2 and go back to 16.1 but I still got the same problem.. I delete all amd files and instal again the 16.1 but still the same...

Comments

• adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Does it turn off or restart or freeze?
  • metiguemetigue Member Posts: 6
    adaseb said:

Does it turn off or restart or freeze?

Turning off would indicate the temps are getting too high and the motherboard is shutting it down. Restart/freeze indicates it's crashing due to bad drivers/overclocks.
  • anonymous95anonymous95 Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2016
    I think is restarting because when I go to se why isnt mining the pc is on but not mining is like the pc is turned on right now.
    No is not about the temp They are stable the mobo temp is 30 and the cards are 65
    And I am with the same overclock like before and before I didnt have problems like this.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Did you overclock the cards? Or undervolt?
    I overclock the cards since I start mining and were working perfectly withoud problems.
    But a day ago I install the driver 15.2 then I got this problems then I uninstall the 15.2 and install the 16.1.
    My other rig is with the same overclock the cards are the same and Is working perfectly.
    Can this be driver problem?
    This is the driver : whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.1.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb12
    I see now what happend is getting freeze.
    How I can fix that?
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't overclock and see if it still happens. I've had cards that ran fine for a.while and later would consistently crash the rig. I would say it's usually smarter to suspect hardware over software.
    And can this be problem fromwindows damage?
    If it's not consistent and only occuring after a period of mining, I would doubt software.

That said, I did have 1 rig that for whatever reason hated the 15.300 drivers, but ran perfectly on 15.203 (I think that's the right number... whichever CCC ones get pulled by windows update).
    work said:

If it's not consistent and only occuring after a period of mining, I would doubt software.

That said, I did have 1 rig that for whatever reason hated the 15.300 drivers, but ran perfectly on 15.203 (I think that's the right number... whichever CCC ones get pulled by windows update).

Well but before i was with 16.1 like now.
    If I have 1 more freeze I will reinstall the windows and see about damaged files
    @anonymous95 sounds like a decent plan. Always good to elimiate the risk of a bad install.
    work said:

@anonymous95 sounds like a decent plan. Always good to elimiate the risk of a bad install.

Well now I am getting this problem no Effective Current Hashrate
    And mi miner is still mining and sending...
    Does the worker show hashrate? That's a bit weird.
    work said:

Does the worker show hashrate? That's a bit weird.

Yes is showing hashrate. And I think this problem is caused because of my fan msi 280x and card when I turn the fan at 55% 55C The system is getting freez and when is in auto its working good at 30% and the gpu is getting 65C
  • luthorluthor Member Posts: 34
    99% the turn off problem its a dying PSU
    luthor said:

99% the turn off problem its a dying PSU

Well I am not sure if thats about the PSU I think is from the riser because my psu is Antec 1300W Platinum and I have in this rig only 4 cards
    @anonymous95 that PSU has 4x 12V rails (50A each tho, which is nice). Make sure you are running each GPU on a seperate rail. If you have 2 GPUs connected to.a single rail, I could see that causes crashes.
    work said:

@anonymous95 that PSU has 4x 12V rails (50A each tho, which is nice). Make sure you are running each GPU on a seperate rail. If you have 2 GPUs connected to.a single rail, I could see that causes crashes.

Every card is connected at single rail.
  • pitt23pitt23 Member Posts: 20

work said:

Every card is connected at single rail.
    did you end up solving this? i have the same problem, rig turns off as soon as i start mining.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    check claymore logs for an error that says GPU temp 500C
    happens on my sapphires occasionally, it could be many things
    switching risers around worked once, dropping OC for a few days worked once, some ppl say its a bios problem sometimes, or worst of all its the mem controller and not some small error like the others