GUI problem

Hi,

I deleted all the windows on the GUI. Its seems to be stuck in this state. How can I reset the GUI. I deleted everything and reinstalled, including all .ethereum file but the problem persists.

Comments

• OrphanedGlandOrphanedGland Member Posts: 1
    I did exactly the same thing!

I solved it by deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ethereum/alethzero/windowState from the registry.
  • UrethreumUrethreum Member Posts: 2
    What about in Linux? Anysuggestions?
  • mids106mids106 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    You can right mouseclick on the toolbar to restore window panes.
  • mode80mode80 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    On OS X, I fixed same problem by deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.ethereum.alethzero.plist

Then reboot to clear the plist cache, or :
    killall -u $USER cfprefsd
  • mode80mode80 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    @Urethreum? this may help... from the docs found on the Qt QSettings class used by AlethZero:

"
    Locations Where Application Settings Are Stored

... QSettings stores settings for an application in up to four locations, depending on whether the settings are user-specific or system-wide and whether the settings are application-specific or organization-wide. For simplicity, we're assuming the organization is called MySoft and the application is called Star Runner.

On Unix systems, if the file format is NativeFormat, the following files are used by default:
    $HOME/.config/MySoft/Star Runner.conf (Qt for Embedded Linux: $HOME/Settings/MySoft/Star Runner.conf)
    $HOME/.config/MySoft.conf (Qt for Embedded Linux: $HOME/Settings/MySoft.conf)
    /etc/xdg/MySoft/Star Runner.conf
    /etc/xdg/MySoft.conf
    "

see http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsettings.html#details
  • arayboaraybo Member Posts: 17
    Deleting ~/.config/ethereum/ale[pt]hzrero* did the trick for me on Ubuntu.
  • arayboaraybo Member Posts: 17
    From the video here:

I found that by right-clicking the menu bar (the bar is not visually well-defined, but it is to the right of the Enable Network ... Mine buttons, at least on the Linux alethzero) you get a menu allowing you to select any or all of the panels, avoiding the need to reset the GUI.

From the same source, I also learned that if you double-click on a line that is displaying information about an address, that address will be copied to the clipboard. This is essential in creating transactions, as the full address is not displayed (again, that's on the Linux build.)
  • dooglusdooglus Member Posts: 8
    Deleting that file deleted the address I had been mining to.

Just deleting the "windowState=" line from that file restored the panels without losing my mined coins.

I don't have a menu bar, so can't see 'actions', and can't make a new address. Any idea how I get to see a menu bar?