GenEthOS Portable platform for Ethereum mining - ubuntu base - for free

Comments

• ekqtqvwekqtqvw Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2016
    you can go to Access Control (webmin - Server ) and there you can apply any command to control users or create any rule to close access to your local ip - many thing there you can do, but what you think this Dev want from your machine???? i think nothing! - one more thing - i note that the system log ( History ) show you steps that used to build this system, it seem this key related to some test in that time.
  • mootwomootwo Member Posts: 46
    Haha you must be new to cryptocurrency if you think that there's not lots of people out there trying to hack and scam you. You do realize that these are machines that create money right? If you don't realize that thstakes you a HUGE target for hackers then you are gonna have a bad time.

Yes I can set up firewall rules and other things to circumvent this, but if this is in there then who knows what other backdoors have been installed. And I would rather not use an OS that's been purposely compromised.
    lets monitor to see whats behind
  • General-BeckGeneral-Beck RussiaMember Posts: 26
    mootwo said:

ekqtqvw said:

mootwo said:

trotol said:

mootwo said:

I'd stay away from this... The dev also has his SSH keys and IP address in there so he could possibly be able to log in to your machine even if you've changed the password.

proof?
    Proof:
    [email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/authorized_keys
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCy4/t86XoaZNxF4veoDbRGSNmtTQHh83bXTbndVWfVQ+4MabAmrZ3HzZoIwsRDkVjcZ+qez0vFP8ZT62ranUf/Tl6oXK/DYMPL8hAfYy2YnFDh95uudGrSNKI98rHgasAB0JNcL7RahEyUz/5nyMypWdy1EJfo/NTd8Ri0ov98cMx+DA4ZGaGvbmRSEkPuqbe71gVzmUOnSr2MHEZTlQrG/XWP75ccYIk9Lexd8T9WLhS49zNPINX34QuWFs4gpZIXSdIvk37svkDV8G/OKjavO5BM4HFptMeu7WUqYQnSyibnab9ld+xhsAzS/FqnuzmjyUxra5upjN2x6UsJa/cl [email protected]
    ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

[email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/known_hosts
    |1|1jzh/nd7/1VcKZkVdLmPacX41yk=|A82s3UeWmbYbd1tniwpc2xXKqNU= ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBC4WSoJHHdR4+5iP+HjC1jibJcSHIJ3KOhYsRL+uvuKaFesgnpznIOx+Kt7nAvPS3eByzxIcp6usQ0BBLjf344Y=
    in Linux's world every thing is possible, any way its away system but still i'm unable to control this image
    ... what?
    after installation, I am often approached by people for support. so left the keys.
    in any case, not knowing your IP and open ssh port I am not able to access. Oh and no one has complained that something went wrong. what prevents you to delete these files?
    muac said:

shit does not work with wireless at all... seriously webmin has no fukin wireless adapter support. network manager is gimped or fuked in the distro- irrepairable, and /etc/network/interfaces fuckery will not work. and dont get me started on wpa_supplicant bullshit cause thats also gimped in this distro.

how the fuk do people use this without any wireless support??? what am i missing?????/

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/ubuntu-help/net-wireless.html
  • muacmuac Member Posts: 26
    how to start miner wtf??? i spent 3 days installing hacks and got banned from apb but the shit wont start mining ???
    edited July 2016

mootwo said:

ekqtqvw said:

mootwo said:

trotol said:

mootwo said:

I'd stay away from this... The dev also has his SSH keys and IP address in there so he could possibly be able to log in to your machine even if you've changed the password.

proof?
    Proof:
    [email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/authorized_keys
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCy4/t86XoaZNxF4veoDbRGSNmtTQHh83bXTbndVWfVQ+4MabAmrZ3HzZoIwsRDkVjcZ+qez0vFP8ZT62ranUf/Tl6oXK/DYMPL8hAfYy2YnFDh95uudGrSNKI98rHgasAB0JNcL7RahEyUz/5nyMypWdy1EJfo/NTd8Ri0ov98cMx+DA4ZGaGvbmRSEkPuqbe71gVzmUOnSr2MHEZTlQrG/XWP75ccYIk9Lexd8T9WLhS49zNPINX34QuWFs4gpZIXSdIvk37svkDV8G/OKjavO5BM4HFptMeu7WUqYQnSyibnab9ld+xhsAzS/FqnuzmjyUxra5upjN2x6UsJa/cl [email protected]
    ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

[email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/known_hosts
    |1|1jzh/nd7/1VcKZkVdLmPacX41yk=|A82s3UeWmbYbd1tniwpc2xXKqNU= ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBC4WSoJHHdR4+5iP+HjC1jibJcSHIJ3KOhYsRL+uvuKaFesgnpznIOx+Kt7nAvPS3eByzxIcp6usQ0BBLjf344Y=
    in Linux's world every thing is possible, any way its away system but still i'm unable to control this image
    ... what?
    after installation, I am often approached by people for support. so left the keys.
    in any case, not knowing your IP and open ssh port I am not able to access. Oh and no one has complained that something went wrong. what prevents you to delete these files?

i think this a good answer, thank you for this image! - i have one issue ( i came from windows regarding to this issue) i'n unable to run more than 4xR9290 in my system i read more ( coin-lab.com/forum ) but no way
    my motherboard : Biostar hi-fi h81s2 {1xpce_16 _ 5xpce_1} - power 2x1050W - 5xpci_1 cable
    i see in bois there is only 4xpce_1, when insert my 5xR9 290 and try many setting i can see only 4 cards.
    every time change setting ( moving from Auto to GEN2 etc .. )and restart and apply : sudo aticonfig --adapter=all -f --initial
    sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --od-enable, but no way....
    do you think the issue in this motherboard's model?
    any solution?
    thanks!

EDIT : img : genethos-bigfoot-edition -08_04_16.img
  • weirdgodweirdgod Member Posts: 3
    Are amd new RX480 supported in genethos?
  • muacmuac Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2016
    fuk off, to get wifi working, do in web https://192.168.1.xxx:10000/:
    ( WILL NOT WORK ON SSH/TTY )
    iwlist wlan1 scanning essid ROUTERSSID
    nmcli d wifi connect ROUTERSSID password SSIDPASS iface wlan1
    dhclient wlan1

thats it, enjoy ur wpa2 hidden ssid connection with no wpa_supplicant or etc/interfaces bullshit. it even saves on reboot.
  • JaeJae Member Posts: 2
    hi, i would like to try this out i managed to install it and get the webmin to english but everythig else is russian. how do i make the actual OS in english. or is there an english version?
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    @Jae Try this, genethos dev has provided the below instructions to change to english: https://screencloud.net/v/rojr

If you want to try a natively english OS, try http://ethosdistro.com

• JaeJae Member Posts: 2
    @kotarius, thnx yea i saw that and i got the webmin to be in english.
    I meant the actual desktop, i cant find the language support menu nor the administration menu to change it from the language it comes in to english. its a bit confusing trying to navigate the menu bar.
  • drawerdrawer Member Posts: 6
    does anybody know why i got "kernel panic" during add second card using riser adapter ?First card was accepted (riser adapter in pci 16x ) , but second didn't . GenEthOS could not support my motherboard ? (Lenovo CFM2D3M)
    Update
    1 default eng
    2 genoil - default miner
    3 sgminer for decred and monitoring
    GenEthOS - international edition (beta)- 2016-09-01.img - this is only update yes ? because ogrinal was about 7.2 gb ....
    doesn't work.. still the same, kernel panic.
    uefi in bios bios - enabled? disable it
  • lukaisailoviclukaisailovic Member Posts: 43
    @General-Beck Thought about adding Claymore's miner ? Major percentage of miners use it
  • zero362zero362 Member Posts: 3
    Good people, I'm in trouble, I need the password .. to make some changes .. apos use sudo su. Request a password what would it be ??
  • zero362zero362 Member Posts: 3
    After opening the webmin, asks for a username password.
    Login.

It's difficult .. I've tried everything .. I asked but it seems that no one knows, please, somebody help out there.
  • rovdirovdi Member Posts: 5
    zero362 said:

After opening the webmin, asks for a username password.
    Login.

It's difficult .. I've tried everything .. I asked but it seems that no one knows, please, somebody help out there.

try:
    sudo -s then
    passwd that will change password for user

you can also go to /etc/shadow and put there HASH of your own password

• wareckwareck Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Here my script to update and install claymore dual miner + zcash miner
    Start with a fresh genethos bigfoot install then open an SSH and type:

wget http://wareck.free.fr/genethos/mod_ethereum.sh
    chmod +x mod_ethereum.sh
    sudo ./mod_ethereum.sh

It will do:
    -Update to english
    -Update/clean
    -install last genoil version
    -install and compile sgminer-nicehash
    -install claymore_dual miner
    -install claymore_zcash
    -install silent-army zcash miner
    -install miner.sh sample-file

After install complete, don't forge to edit and modify miner.sh file !!!

some help here : http://wareck.free.fr/genethos/Genethos.pdf

You can edit share this script if you want

warek
  • wareckwareck Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Hi
    I've put an update, now my script install/update optiminer-zash
    It works great on linux, with 3R9 Nitro I had 520 h/s

It always work great with ethereum

I love genethos :) !

Just download again my script, it will do the update...
  • robpbbrobpbb Member Posts: 1
    This is really something special! Thanks for all the time you've all put in to this and providing it at no cost!!

I did have a question about virtual memory, and I'm rather new to Linux so please bear with me if my terminology is incorrect.

In the webadmin console it is showing 0/0 for virtual memory. I am using a 32GB thumb drive and 16GB of ram, however the GPU mining for ETH is not working and I believe it is because I need to have atleast 16GB of virtual memory for it to function correctly.

Is there a way to either force the miner to use physical RAM?

If not should I split the drive into 2 partitions and enable one as a swap?

If so can someone walk me through the process of doing that?

Thank you!
    edited February 2017
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d88f696123e0b542c4f3cc9f7121372f0d09442b&dn=genethos.16-04.img.tar.xz
    genethos 16-04 beta - need for test AMD 4xx series
    `screen -x miner` via sudo. Claymore's miner's (DUAL, zcash), optiminer, minergate and sgminer-nicehash
    @robpbb 1+GB RAM and `no swap`
  • gilmardalgilmardal Member Posts: 3
    is it working yet?
  • seanbw1609seanbw1609 Member Posts: 19
    Does anybody have a copy of GenEthos I can have. maybe leave a copy on your onedrive or dropbox so I can download it. Ever since coming across this thread I have attempted to download a copy with no success at all.
    All I get is a 522 and Cloudfare telling me to come back. I have even left the page permanently on the site so it will automatically reload and download. That was three days ago and still get this:

So please can anyone help with a download?
    @General-Beck: You may need to review this site as I think it is not coping with the traffic.
    I even thought of purchasing a copy of Ethos but the discount code only knocked off $5 instead of the $10 it promised a couple of months ago. OK I was getting desperate. Can you blame me?
    Please! Any help will be appreciated.
    Cheers

sean