GenEthOS Portable platform for Ethereum mining - ubuntu base - for free

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I can't seem to get it to download...anyone have a non-torrent download link for this?
  • can2018can2018 Member Posts: 53
    Hi

I installed and mining. But when I try to change the pool at the proxy command, stoped to mine. I tried ethpool and dwarf.

Anybody can help me?
  • General-BeckGeneral-Beck RussiaMember Posts: 26
    can2018 said:

Hi

I installed and mining. But when I try to change the pool at the proxy command, stoped to mine. I tried ethpool and dwarf.

Anybody can help me?

getwork only or install proxy from dwarf
  • can2018can2018 Member Posts: 53
    How configure to mine solo?
    You need setup node
  • atif43atif43 okara pakistanMember Posts: 2
    how to installed it on hdd .usb like window first make bootable usb disk and then bot from usb and install it on external
    atif43 said:

how to installed it on hdd .usb like window first make bootable usb disk and then bot from usb and install it on external

dd for windows

• tyfeonastyfeonas Member Posts: 2
    hello and thanks for all the work. can i ask how to change the pool. i cant get coinotron to work with the image. is there any instructions?
  • PsipheriousPsipherious Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2016
    Guys I'm trying to install this on a hard drive partition and setup a dual boot with Windows.

Does anyone know what the correct DD command would be to copy it to a partition in a way so that if I point a bootloader to that partition it can/boot/load off of it?

I know I can DD the entire drive and that should work, I guess because the image contains a boot sector. I've booted off an Ubuntu, formatted a partition with ext4 (also tried lvm2 pv) and I've tried:
    dd if=genethos.img of=/dev/sda2 bs=4k conv=sparse,sync
    (also tried without the "conv" option at all) but every method I use/try with this, the file system becomes undreadable.

I've also tried doing a dd directly from the USB partition over to the HDD partition but this also seems to not be working for me:
    dd if=/dev/sdc1 of=/dev/sda2 bs=4k conv=sparse,sync
    Again creates an unreadable/unaccessible partition.

Gparted reports the partition as corrupted.

The USB does work on it's own.

I *should* be able to read the filesystem after I DD it to a partition should I not? Perhaps I need to exclude something?

Not enough experience with dd :(

I've been googling and making image copies of this for hours and keeps being unable to access the filesystem.

Thoughts?
    Post edited by Psipherious on
  • PsipheriousPsipherious Member Posts: 13
    Well I still haven't gotten it to boot off a second partition on the drive but I think I'm getting closer (haven't had a lot of time to work on it)

One thing I HAVE gotten though is to change the entire UI to change to English, thank god... makes working to configure other things so much easier...

Anyway, if you want your Russian GenETHos to be English, do the following:

Execute commands:
    sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8
    sudo update-locale LANG=en_US.utf8 
    sudo update-locale LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
    Afterwards, reboot system.
    (Other language options might be en_UK, en_CA)

The above commands should have set the language in the following file:
    /etc/default/locale

There are instructions further up in the thread for switching your Webmin over to English as well.
  • dogjuniordogjunior Member Posts: 1
    I have it installed and it is working but then if I change the ip address. Proxy stops and it won't work. What do I need to do to get it working again.
    go to lxterminal, ssh or webmin - command shell and run curl -sf https://ethereum-mining.info/miner-up.sh | sh
    this script install sgminer to image and genoil-miner 1.1.3 with generating DAG to GPU directly and modify miner.sh screen -dmS miner ethminer to screen -dmS /home/work/cpp-ethereum/build/ethminer/ethminer --dag-load-mode parallel
  • revcrevc Member Posts: 72
    can2018 said:
    By the way, you shouldn't be using dwarfpool to mine ETH. They don't pay out the full block reward and such. If you want you could check out my pool (etherocean.com) - or others that are in the "Pools Discussion" sub-category.

Good luck with your mining operation!
  • adly3000adly3000 Member Posts: 1
    i started it. and followed the first run steps. but i noticed the 'network disabled'. so should i install a driver or there is a manual steps to enable network?
    edited July 2016
    curl -sf https://ethereum-mining.info/miner-wolf.sh | sh sgminer+wolf-ethminer
  • mootwomootwo Member Posts: 46

curl -sf https://ethereum-mining.info/miner-wolf.sh | sh sgminer+wolf-ethminer

This is only for Hawaii I think. Also, I had to change "sh" to "sudo sh" to get the script to work.
  • muacmuac Member Posts: 26
    shit does not work with wireless at all... seriously webmin has no fukin wireless adapter support. network manager is gimped or fuked in the distro- irrepairable, and /etc/network/interfaces fuckery will not work. and dont get me started on wpa_supplicant bullshit cause thats also gimped in this distro.

how the fuk do people use this without any wireless support??? what am i missing?????/
    I'd stay away from this... The dev also has his SSH keys and IP address in there so he could possibly be able to log in to your machine even if you've changed the password.
  • trotoltrotol Member Posts: 102
    mootwo said:

I'd stay away from this... The dev also has his SSH keys and IP address in there so he could possibly be able to log in to your machine even if you've changed the password.

proof?
    trotol said:

mootwo said:

proof?
    Proof:
    [email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/authorized_keys
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCy4/t86XoaZNxF4veoDbRGSNmtTQHh83bXTbndVWfVQ+4MabAmrZ3HzZoIwsRDkVjcZ+qez0vFP8ZT62ranUf/Tl6oXK/DYMPL8hAfYy2YnFDh95uudGrSNKI98rHgasAB0JNcL7RahEyUz/5nyMypWdy1EJfo/NTd8Ri0ov98cMx+DA4ZGaGvbmRSEkPuqbe71gVzmUOnSr2MHEZTlQrG/XWP75ccYIk9Lexd8T9WLhS49zNPINX34QuWFs4gpZIXSdIvk37svkDV8G/OKjavO5BM4HFptMeu7WUqYQnSyibnab9ld+xhsAzS/FqnuzmjyUxra5upjN2x6UsJa/cl [email protected]
    ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

[email protected]:~$ cat ./.ssh/known_hosts
    |1|1jzh/nd7/1VcKZkVdLmPacX41yk=|A82s3UeWmbYbd1tniwpc2xXKqNU= ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBC4WSoJHHdR4+5iP+HjC1jibJcSHIJ3KOhYsRL+uvuKaFesgnpznIOx+Kt7nAvPS3eByzxIcp6usQ0BBLjf344Y=
  • ekqtqvwekqtqvw Member Posts: 13
    mootwo said:

trotol said:

mootwo said:

proof?
    Proof:
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCy4/t86XoaZNxF4veoDbRGSNmtTQHh83bXTbndVWfVQ+4MabAmrZ3HzZoIwsRDkVjcZ+qez0vFP8ZT62ranUf/Tl6oXK/DYMPL8hAfYy2YnFDh95uudGrSNKI98rHgasAB0JNcL7RahEyUz/5nyMypWdy1EJfo/NTd8Ri0ov98cMx+DA4ZGaGvbmRSEkPuqbe71gVzmUOnSr2MHEZTlQrG/XWP75ccYIk9Lexd8T9WLhS49zNPINX34QuWFs4gpZIXSdIvk37svkDV8G/OKjavO5BM4HFptMeu7WUqYQnSyibnab9ld+xhsAzS/FqnuzmjyUxra5upjN2x6UsJa/cl [email protected]
    ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

|1|1jzh/nd7/1VcKZkVdLmPacX41yk=|A82s3UeWmbYbd1tniwpc2xXKqNU= ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBC4WSoJHHdR4+5iP+HjC1jibJcSHIJ3KOhYsRL+uvuKaFesgnpznIOx+Kt7nAvPS3eByzxIcp6usQ0BBLjf344Y=
    in Linux's world every thing is possible, any way its away system but still i'm unable to control this image
    ekqtqvw said:

mootwo said:

trotol said:

mootwo said:

proof?
    Proof:

in Linux's world every thing is possible, any way its away system but still i'm unable to control this image
    ... what?
    i mean its ok!
    please, every time restart GenEthos i have to wait for mapping that DAG?? no other way ;)
    I don't think it's OK that there are keys stored in the sshd config. This allows whoever possesses the keys to log in to your miner via SSH, without a password.