Problems with getting stuff for mining

BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Mining
newegg.com reneged on a H97 anniversary mobo order that was already charged to paypal-first time this EVER happened to me and they were basically unapologetic. They sneakily canceled the order without even emailing, so watch out-if your order of few days ago wasn't sent yet-it might never be.
I think that someone there is in cahoots with people/companies that sell on Amazon with a $20-30 addon.
Or, maybe this is an early indication that things are about to heat up in ethereum mining.

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I looked for that board a few times on Newegg and it always listed as out of stock. More than likely they got a few in and may have taken a couple of duplicate inventory orders in the rush.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Biodom said:

newegg.com reneged on a H97 anniversary mobo order that was already charged to paypal-first time this EVER happened to me and they were basically unapologetic. They sneakily canceled the order without even emailing, so watch out-if your order of few days ago wasn't sent yet-it might never be.
    I think that someone there is in cahoots with people/companies that sell on Amazon with a $20-30 addon.
    Or, maybe this is an early indication that things are about to heat up in ethereum mining.

I remember when this happened to the BTC pro boards; people that still had stock were selling them for $100+. made it totally pointless since the whole point of those boards was to have lots of PCI-E slots for cheap.
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Good choice. That's my motherboard and I really like it.

Ok back to getting fans right in this room. I just went to walmart and got 2 more of those shitty 16.00 box fans. I didn't think the heat part of the equation through. I feel like I'm in one of those movies where a group of guys has to get rid of a body and screw everything up along the way. The mining must continue regardless, just like the motivation to dispose of the corpse
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    weekend at fucking bernies
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lagniappe Yep, imagine what it's like with 390's.