Problems mining on ethpool - what's going on?

2»

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @dlehenky makes sense, I definitely have a longer kernel runtime then you because with a direct stratum-enabled miner this was gaining an easy 10%+ hashrate. I'm almost done my own miner (hoping another day or 2), that has vastly better reporting and I'm hoping improved work loop, so I guess I'll see what are truely optimal workloads soon.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @work It may be gaining raw hash rate, but I believe your effective hash rate suffers. Which is more important? :) The slower your CPU is, the more gain you'll get in raw hash rate with larger global work sizes, because the gain is coming from reduced OS overhead, not increased kernel performance. That's one reason I run a higher performance CPU (i3 2-core, 2-thread 3.6 GHz) than most miners.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dlehenky I'm very sure effective hashrate is increased as well. I mean, on MPH pool I get 0 rejects and 10% output hash gain with a quadrupled local-work value. Makes sense about CPU in this case, but that's down to a shitty miner implementation, as CPU processing shouldn't be delaying GPU work in a well implemented miner.

My rigs have trash-level bottom of line celerons.
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Things have been rather stable over the past 12 hours. Probably running better than ever TBH. My hash rate reported on the stats page is also very high, almost equal to qtminer's reported hash rates. Still submitting invalid shares, but a lot less than before. I'm just happy that the red and orange bars the worker stats appears less often now :)
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    @hasher thx for your feedback, happy to hear that the issue is now resolved!