Setting up Stratum Proxy confusion

ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
I am trying to mine with the new "ethermine.org" pool but I'm having difficulty understanding what to configure in eth-proxy.conf...

I added my wallet address here:
# Coin address where money goes
WALLET = "XXXXXX"

I changed the main pool address and the failover pool address to this:
# Main pool
POOL_HOST = "us1.ethermine.org"
POOL_PORT = 4444

# Failover pool
POOL_FAILOVER_ENABLE = True

POOL_HOST_FAILOVER1 = "us2.ethermine.org"
POOL_PORT_FAILOVER1 = 4444

And finally I initiate my miner with the following command (yes I know I am mining with my CPU):
ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -C -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/KonProxy

I run my eth-proxy then start the miner but my log shows that I "Connected to Stratum pool at eth-hw.drawfpool.com:8008"

Is this ok? I only have 1 main pool and 1 failover pool listed in the eth-proxy.conf file, why is it still connecting to dwarfpool? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Yes, it's OK. I just set all my failovers to either us1 or us2, but I can tell you that on startup, invariably, if you have dwarfpool as one of the failovers, you see it in the log, BUT you are not connected to it. It's some bug in the proxy logging. It freaked me out at first, too. :)
  • ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I played around with it and was able to get it gone by setting the POOL_FAILOVER_ENABLE=False and deleting the failover servers, leaving me with just one server.

I did this because I am in the east coast of Canada and the US1 is the closest to me so I am forcing my miner to only connect there.

Do you expect me having any issues without the failover servers?
    Well, if us1 goes down, yes, of course. You'll stop mining until us1 comes back online.
    edited March 2016

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that...I added the failover servers back.
    However, I'm seeing a problem. I am not getting any Ether even though I am doing work.

I left my PC running all day and at some point my worker stopped being recognized but my hashrate was being accepted and updated regularly.

Any idea what happend?
    @ksukhin It could be any number of things. You might check your account to see if dwarfpool has paid you. You may have somehow ended up on them with all the back and forth changes you've been making.
    Nope, I don't show up on their site.
    This is my miner: ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -C -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/KonProxy

And my Eth-Proxy Conf file:
    ###
    # Examples of command line for miners:
    #
    # ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://HOST:PORT/
    # ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://HOST:PORT/rig1
    #
    # ethminer.exe -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/
    # ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 100 -G -F http://192.168.0.33:8080/rig1
    #
    # farm-recheck parameter is very individual. Just test different values.
    #
    # You can submit shares without workername or
    # You can provide workername:
    # - with url like "/rig1"
    # - or use automatically numbering(integer) based on IP of miner
    #
    # Servers:
    # EU-Server: eu1.ethermine.org Port: 4444
    # US East-Server: us1.ethermine.org Port: 4444
    # US West-Server: us2.ethermine.org Port: 4444
    # Asia-Server: asia1.ethermine.org Port: 4444
    #
    ###

# Select Ethereum ETH
    COIN = "ETH"

# Host and port for your workers
    HOST = "0.0.0.0"
    PORT = 8080

# Coin address where money goes
    WALLET = "0xF3dcac6e52196f28e4436F3043192fE7C23B9524"

# To donate please use wallet "0xea7263feb7d8a8ab0a11eedd8f1ce04412ab0820"

# It's useful for individually monitoring and statistic
    ENABLE_WORKER_ID = False

# On DwarfPool you have option to monitor your workers via email.
    # If WORKER_ID is enabled, you can monitor every worker/rig separately.
    MONITORING = False
    MONITORING_EMAIL = "[email protected]"

# Main pool
    POOL_HOST = "us1.ethermine.org"
    POOL_PORT = 4444

# Failover pool
    POOL_FAILOVER_ENABLE = True

POOL_HOST_FAILOVER1 = "us2.ethermine.org"
    POOL_PORT_FAILOVER1 = 4444

POOL_HOST_FAILOVER2 = "eu1.ethermine.org"
    POOL_PORT_FAILOVER2 = 4444

POOL_HOST_FAILOVER3 = "asia1.ethermine.org"
    POOL_PORT_FAILOVER3 = 4444

# Logging
    LOG_TO_FILE = True

# Enable debug
    DEBUG = False

I noticed my Eth-proxy keeps saying

INFO proxy # Connected to Stratum pool at asia1.ethermine.org:4444

As if it's the other 3 servers are down, and when I try to remove the failover server it connects to hk-dwarfpool
    @ksukhin Your ethminer command has '-C', not '-G'. -C means you're mining with your CPU, which is useless. The hk-dwarfpool is there because you didn't give a server name for one of the failover, so the proxy is using a default that's built into the proxy code.
    hmm I was able to run it fine earlier during the day, I am aware I'm mining with my CPU. Im going home in 2 weeks after exams and I will mine with a GPU there
    You won't get a block mining with a CPU for MONTHS. You may not even register with the pool all the time with such a low hash rate. It's not worth the bother.
    Fuck it, I gotta stop playing around with this thing until I'm home.
    I'm really interested in trying this out on my home PC and I keep trying new things on my laptop and I can't narrow the problem.
  • eleven7tineleven7tin Member Posts: 51
    ksukhin said:

I noticed my Eth-proxy keeps saying

INFO proxy # Connected to Stratum pool at asia1.ethermine.org:4444

As if it's the other 3 servers are down, and when I try to remove the failover server it connects to hk-dwarfpool

Same issue here thats why i stopped mining in ethermining.org because it keeps going to hk server and not us. Making my submits high latency.
    Hmm so it's not just me! I was at nanopool but made a switch to check out ethermine.org

I like the idea of paying for the work done rather than luck or whole block.
  • pcrevolutionpcrevolution Member Posts: 3
    I couldn't make the switch from dwarf to ethermine.org too.

ETHProxy just says connected to Stratum pool.

While ethminer just keeps trying to get work and nothing happens.
    I left it all night, my ether did update according to the pool website...but my eth-proxy log went from "reporting for " to just saying "NEW_JOB"

However, I've been mining with my CPU just to work out the kinks before I transfer everything to my desktop in 2-3 weeks as I'm not home
  • pcrevolutionpcrevolution Member Posts: 3
    seems to be working fine now for me even though Im using the same config file as the day before.
    running mine now, will update later
  • jxbz67jxbz67 Member Posts: 2
    Dlehenky hi. Sorry for the late response. I will try the command line settings on my laptop. the ipad isn't helping matters as the command prompt won't recognise cd rel' for me to progress with connecting to my miner. i can't mine with GPU but was hoping i could acquaint and get my hands on actually mining regardless of the harsh rate.
    I need assistance in setting up the config file and the command prompt. i have thesame issue Ksukhin as. the command prompt won't recognize my miner. I am running the eth-proxy. it keeps saying 'new job' and i can't see the harsh rates and workers displayed. kindly help
  • HorsetoothlessHorsetoothless Member Posts: 4
    Would like some definition of worker port values that tell where mining is taking place CPU only is my use with this file setup, have AMD GPU that works with nice hash, BUT NOT HERE!