If current difficulty growth CAGR stays the same those investing today will never breakeven

167891012»

Comments

• verjicverjic Member Posts: 143
    @0x00 Free electricity for 50 GH RIG's? I understand you can take at your work 2-3 RIG's of 300 mhs, so your company would not notice extra use of electricity per month. But 50 GH RIG's are incredible amount of electricity every month! That's around 450000 KW/month.... :)

Or maybe he is living in Turkmenistan or another country with very cheap electricity, but still, why to add so much RIG's when you know that this kill mining....better he would bought form exchange Ethers for this money. :)
  • 0x000x00 Member Posts: 55
    verjic said:

@0x00 Free electricity for 50 GH RIG's? I understand you can take at your work 2-3 RIG's of 300 mhs, so your company would not notice extra use of electricity per month. But 50 GH RIG's are incredible amount of electricity every month! That's around 450000 KW/month.... :)

Or maybe he is living in Turkmenistan or another country with very cheap electricity, but still, why to add so much RIG's when you know that this kill mining....better he would bought form exchange Ethers for this money. :)

Cheap electric or botnet?
  • downhillfromheredownhillfromhere houstonMember Posts: 50

GPU's can be sold 20-30- max 50% off in a year (decent top-line cards of cource) but asics are becoming crap after same period and work only if you have free energy or extremely low rate less then 0,01 usd per kwh. Your rig's pci-e slots (on decent MoBo with solid PSU) can be filled again with new top-line products like new Arctic Islands AMD GPUs with HBM2 memory and 14nm core unit. Or if you use something like r7 370 or r9 380 with 4g gddr5 and got 15-20 mhs speed you can switch to better r9 390 with 8g onboard and get 30+ mhs speed or even to r9 nano's with first gen. HBM and most wide 4 kbit bus for today, because after anouncing of new GPUs in summer 2016 old ones will be cheaper. So you can stay in a stream longer.
    I understand your nascent anxieties and affraid of that difficulty leaps but there are some proverbs like "He who doesn't risk never gets to drink champagne" So take the risk or just take a detached view

Golf claps all around @millefiori ...:-)