ethermine.org - The fastest way to mine ether

Comments

• dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    ethermine.org is currently under a DDOS attack which affects the eu1 and the asia1 servers. We have enabled our mitigation measures. The us1 and us2 servers are unaffected.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain me how this telegram sh** works.
    I use telegram for years but i have no idea how to use it with the miner.
    Can someone give me an example ho it has to look?

Btw. should i switch to another server because of the DDOS?
    You should be automatically rerouted to a working server.
    Nice, thanks ;)
    The Telegram Bot is incredible, thanks for that^^
    Is something wrong with the telegram bot?
    No comand works.
    there seems to be an issue with the telegram API. we will look into it.
  • pantadorpantador Member Posts: 46
    @dr_pra , would like to ask, why is my submitted share count on the web gets reset to 0 randomly. Sometimes it submits to 300 or 500 shares then gets reset. Sometimes it submitted under 100 and gets reset. While my rig is still mining. Thanks
    @pantador currently it is reset as soon as your worker reconnects to the pool. We are currently in progress of implementing a better reporting which will display a per hour statistic and will work for every mining software that is currently used.
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    edited May 2016
    (erased, wrong thread)
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Just added one of my rigs to your pool to test it, looks promising! Hoping this is better then nanopool.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    todays experience with ethermine:
    Upon restart mining did not commence, some strange messages ensued.
    Applied sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade.
    Everything is fine again.
    then, read the security update:
    https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/05/17/security-alert-geth-suffers-from-a-very-low-probable-dos-attack-vector-update-immediately/

Noted that the commands I used were exactly those suggested-all is good for now.
    Note-UPDATE your geth if you have it.
    the pools geth node has already been updated!
    @dr_pra
    Awesome. Thanks for being so attentive to security updates.
    Is the estimated earnings based off of effective hashrate or your average effective hashrate the last 24 hours?
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The earnings estimate is based on the *network* average hash rate for the last 24 hours (that's the same as the network difficulty and block time averages, btw). Personally, I would like to see it based on the pool's effective average hash rate for the last 24 hours.
    dlehenky said:

The earnings estimate is based on the *network* average hash rate for the last 24 hours (that's the same as the network difficulty and block time averages, btw). Personally, I would like to see it based on the pool's effective average hash rate for the last 24 hours.

Odd, that means I was making triple that at nanopool? Doesn't seem right.
  • deliciousminingdeliciousmining Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2016
    Is it normal to get 27 reported hashrate and 21 effective at the pool long term? :/ I use genoil.
    edited May 2016
    @deliciousmining
    You have to check after ~36-48hr of mining to see the right numbers. I see pretty much what powhash shows +/- a small amount IF I don't have excessive errors which are shown on the interface. One thing of note is that using too high local and global settings causes errors to accumulate and in my case periodically makes the system groggy and unresponsive.
    edited May 2016
    Actually I was using big global settings so maybe that was it.

Also since like a few weeks ethminer (and qtminer) is showing hashrate every 0,5 second, but then stops for 4 seconds, and again like 5x every 0,5 seconds, stops for 4 seconds and so on. Like a hickup. It wasn't like that a month ago. Is it normal ? :P
    Post edited by deliciousmining on
    Share statistics are now available on a per worker basis for every mining software available. Previously only qtMiner and Genoils miner were supported, now it works also for ethminer, claymores miner and miners connected via eth-proxy.

Happy mining!
    Well there you have it, I have 40% invalid shares. Time to tweak my card :/ and it's all caused by those new drivers that messed up hasing rate.
    anyway

Thanks!
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    dr_pra said:

Share statistics are now available on a per worker basis for every mining software available. Previously only qtMiner and Genoils miner were supported, now it works also for ethminer, claymores miner and miners connected via eth-proxy.

Happy mining!

Where's the thumbs up emoji when you need it! Great job dr_pra and crew...nothing like seeing 0% invalid shares to know that your rigs are running like a well oiled machine!
    This last two days, i get Effective Average Hashrate (last 24h) of 27 to 28 MH/s. I usually get 30 to 31 MH/s. Earnings could be down due to diff, but I don't think diff would effect my Effective Average Hashrate. Miner is stable for days and never down, 0 invalid. And I have switched program from Genoil to Claymore for the last 3 hours, and the Effective Average Hashrate is still 27.

Anything I should check ? Or I just, wait for another 24hour?
    You should be happy, I have 20-40% invalid shares :/ Running R9 Fury 16.5.1 driver genoil 1.0.8. I try various settings and nothing works.
    As some of you reported that their ISP is blocking traffic via the port 4444 we now have enabled an additional stratum port at 14444 to connect to the pool!
    pantador said:

This last two days, i get Effective Average Hashrate (last 24h) of 27 to 28 MH/s. I usually get 30 to 31 MH/s. Earnings could be down due to diff, but I don't think diff would effect my Effective Average Hashrate. Miner is stable for days and never down, 0 invalid. And I have switched program from Genoil to Claymore for the last 3 hours, and the Effective Average Hashrate is still 27.

Anything I should check ? Or I just, wait for another 24hour?

@pantador - Do you have your gpus overclocked? My hash rates swings wildly like that when my overclocks are too high and produce a bunch of invalids...
    Single Sapphire 390, default 1040/1500, OCed at 1120/1500. Weeks ago with the same settings, I get about 8% invalids using qtminer. Since I use Genoil 1.0.7, 1.0.8 dan Claymore 4.0, I never get invalid shares. On Claymore's also 0 rejected. It is been almost a month my GPU hashing OCed at 1120/1500, and I am having hashrate drop only in the last 2 or 3 days.

Maybe I could do some tweak, to make the graph less wild. But I've had stable Effective Average Hashrate before. If the cause is OC related, I think I would have had unstable Effective Average Hashrate since the first day I OC my GPU.

Latest shot, creeping up, back to Genoil 1.0.7, past the green line

• JPSJPS Member Posts: 63
    Mine have been going up and down aswell for the past 2 days... alot. Average is still good though, but it's weird...
    edited May 2016
    pantador said:

Single Sapphire 390, default 1040/1500, OCed at 1120/1500. Weeks ago with the same settings, I get about 8% invalids using qtminer. Since I use Genoil 1.0.7, 1.0.8 dan Claymore 4.0, I never get invalid shares. On Claymore's also 0 rejected. It is been almost a month my GPU hashing OCed at 1120/1500, and I am having hashrate drop only in the last 2 or 3 days.

Maybe I could do some tweak, to make the graph less wild. But I've had stable Effective Average Hashrate before. If the cause is OC related, I think I would have had unstable Effective Average Hashrate since the first day I OC my GPU.

Latest shot, creeping up, back to Genoil 1.0.7, past the green line

@pantador - I would drop the core clock to 1100 and see what happens. From what I understand the dark green line represents shares submitted by your gpu. It will fluctuate, but should have a somewhat tight pattern with the "reddish" color line.

Here's my ether mine stats page. The ae6340 rig is my x6 XFX r9 390 rig running at 1100 core clock. You may wanna take a look at your proxy if using eth-proxy to see if you're getting a bunch of rejects which could indicate a corrupt DAG file.

http://ethermine.org/miners/a12594b561ebbd18c287aef79d8098dc50311151#workers
    I am using stratum, have deleted old DAG files earlier this month.