ethermine.org - The fastest way to mine ether

Comments

• leotau12leotau12 Member Posts: 42
    work said:

@leotau12 it works just fine.

First time I tried saying not compatible but for some reason tried over and over and suddenly worked...hhhmmmmm!!!

As long as it is working now, I will be able to solo mine now.
    Just started solo mining with ethermine.org so far so good.

Stopped pool mining with; ethereumpool.co (more downtime rather than uptime); nanopool (hashrate inconsistent, im not getting the expected ETH)

Hopefully solo mining will be the best for me ^_^

Asus R9 300 series (stacked config) x3 = 76 - 81Mh/s

*will be adding more if ROI works out for me \\o//
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @leotau12
    ethermine is NOT solo mining, but it is actually very consistent, so I mine mostly there now.
    You get paid everytime you mine ~1eth (by default)
    ethpool.org is kind of solo mining with an occasional block+uncle reward, which is very sweet when you get it as you are getting >8.5 eth instead of usual 4.95-4.97eth (5 minus 1% fee).
    I kept some there just for a chance of an uncle.
    Biodom said:

@leotau12
    ethermine is NOT solo mining, but it is actually very consistent, so I mine mostly there now.
    You get paid everytime you mine ~1eth (by default)
    ethpool.org is kind of solo mining with an occasional block+uncle reward, which is very sweet when you get it as you are getting >8.5 eth instead of usual 4.95-4.97eth (5 minus 1% fee).
    I kept some there just for a chance of an uncle.

Thanks for clarifying.
    played with my qtminer and my hashrate up to 90Mh/s >:)
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    leotau12 said:

played with my qtminer and my hashrate up to 90Mh/s >:)

how did you play with it :) ?
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I'm down again for no apparent reason...no one else seeing this with ethermine?
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @rether , no problems on my rigs...
    edited April 2016
    all ok here ^_^

2016-04-09 16:12:40,369 INFO proxy # MAIN eth_submitWork 0x2524988826cd9221 by rig1
    2016-04-09 16:12:40,803 INFO protocol # [434ms] eth_submitWork from 'rig1' accepted
    2016-04-09 16:12:51,226 INFO proxy # Hashrate for rig1 is 93.091827 MHs
    2016-04-09 16:12:52,071 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:12:53,875 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:13:02,303 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:13:28,553 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:13:34,163 INFO proxy # MAIN eth_submitWork 0xae2e182bab11ede6 by rig1
    2016-04-09 16:13:34,585 INFO protocol # [421ms] eth_submitWork from 'rig1' accepted
    2016-04-09 16:13:36,974 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:13:45,272 INFO proxy # MAIN eth_submitWork 0x72a9db8b34794f31 by rig1
    2016-04-09 16:13:45,585 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:13:45,694 INFO protocol # [421ms] eth_submitWork from 'rig1' accepted
    2016-04-09 16:13:51,444 INFO proxy # Hashrate for rig1 is 91.180521 MHs
    2016-04-09 16:14:00,803 INFO proxy # NEW_JOB MAIN_POOL
    2016-04-09 16:14:04,178 INFO proxy # MAIN eth_submitWork 0x2deb036b6e7b09bb by rig1
    2016-04-09 16:14:04,615 INFO protocol # [437ms] eth_submitWork from 'rig1' accepted
    edited April 2016
    So far so good mining with ethermine.org. It brings out the best of my 3 GPU's consistently mining @ 91Mh/s. Haven't bump up the volts yet ^_^.
    edited April 2016

hey

does anyone have a install tutorial for windows when i follow these links the instructions are shit and dont actually get you anywhere, there missing all sorts of vital info and steps to actually get this up and running

http://ethpool.org/faq
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200891

there both crap and useless hence why i asked fro a complete tutorial that is well written so a user can actually get going in windows

thanks

Instructions seem fine to me :) Don't call other people work crap and useless in public.
    Perhaps your natural hash rate is not high enough to follow an instruction.

PS.you are in a grey area of IT buisness. If you think someone will make a step by step manual with pictures for muppets to follow... You are in the wrong place :)
    edited April 2016

He bb coin instead of flapping ur fat mouth maybe this will help dikwad

In future dickwad shut ur hole unless it help cok breath there r already to many retards like you plastering there poop everyqwhere

This video is outdated + made for solo mining. Good luck :)
    @anotherwindowsuser, keep your language for bitcointalk hey, you're only racking up abuse flags here.

There's nothing wrong with those instructions. If you can't follow them then it's your own general computer skills that are lacking. If you're not happy on a command line, then anything ethereum is going be hard, not just mining.

But you want to take problem by problem, then cool, people here to help...
    edited April 2016
    @anotherwindowsuser, Not everything is spoon fed. Used that when I started mining ETH but everything was updated already so that one is out dated.

Asked nicely and maybe someone will be willing to help you out.

Sometimes you have to discover it on your own.
  • martorixmartorix Member Posts: 4
    Ok, I'll suggest something that few will approve, but its fine for newcomers and that's nicehash.
    Start there, untill you get familiar with command line options and such.
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    Can anyone explain me the advantages of this pool? I (as beginner) understand it this way:
    I´m at Coinotron, if anyone there find a block, I´ll get a (veeery) little piece of his 5 ETH reward too?
    At Ethermine I mine for myself to find my own block, this takes longer but then I get my own 5 ETH reward?
    Is this halfway correct? Or am I off the track?
    Termie said:

Can anyone explain me the advantages of this pool? I (as beginner) understand it this way:
    I´m at Coinotron, if anyone there find a block, I´ll get a (veeery) little piece of his 5 ETH reward too?
    At Ethermine I mine for myself to find my own block, this takes longer but then I get my own 5 ETH reward?
    Is this halfway correct? Or am I off the track?

Ethermine is the same as coinotron. Ethpool will give you the full block minus 1% fee and uncle if you are lucky.
    ouch yes I meant Ethpool. These two sites lookes too similar. ^^
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @Termie Ethermine has a payout scheme the same as coinotron. Ethpool (run by the same person, dr_pra) somewhat resembles what you're talking about.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @Termie You're talking about ethpool, not ethermine, and yes that's how ethpool and Coinotron (and other pools, including ethermine) work.
    @Termie On Ethpool(not it's sister pool ethermine...subject of this thread) you continue mining until you are at the top of the when the pool finds a block. This is roughly equivalent to the average time that you would find a block while mining solo. However there are a number of additional luck factors on Ethpool that skew the statistics. Firstly is that if you happen to mine an uncle you get paid out 1 block + the uncle when you top out. Because of this, uncles aren't accounted for in the credits required which means miners are consistently mining above network difficulty. ethpool miners, like solo miners, are also vulnerable to diff variation during the time it takes to get to the top.

Ethermine OTOH is a more traditional share based pool. Your rigs acquire shares by submitting work to the pool at a lesser difficulty. When the pool finds a block, the reward is distributed according to shares held. These smaller more frequent payouts buffer miners from diff variations. ethminer lets you set payout thresholds too
  • JPSJPS Member Posts: 63
    Isn't it time for an ETH price-update on the site? :|
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Yesterday the pool has mined its 5000th block, thank you all for the great and successful start! In order to celebrate the pool fee has been reduced to 0%!
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    0% sounds good :) just moved all my rigs from ethpool to ethermine :#
    edited April 2016
    Hello,

Want to try out other pool. So if I lower payout amount to get my whole Ether, will I receive also the open "Paid - not yet" assets of my last rounds?
    If your unpaid balance is greater than your set payment threshold they will be paid out.
  • noonwaynoonway Member Posts: 11
    Still at 0%? Page says 1%
    The promotion ended on Saturday.
    FYI we moved the majority of the pools funds to our backup wallet at 0xfc38c17f36DDf4C21DC5157fAa86Cee163f5f325
    edited April 2016
    You can now talk to the pool via our brand new telegram bot. You can use it quickly query key indicators of your account (current hashrate, outstanding balance, etc...) and you will automatically receive a notification if one of your workers does not submit a share for more than 30 minutes.

The bot lives under @EthermineBot (weblink: https://web.telegram.org/#/[email protected])

First you will need to associate your chat with your mining address with the following command:
    /register address

After that you can use the following commands:
    /unregister Unregisters all notifications.
    /hashrate Get the current effective hashrate of the registered miner.
    /avghashrate Get the current average effective hashrate (24h) of the registered miner.
    /balance Get the unpaid balance of the registered miner.
    /address Show the current associated address of this chat.

Additionally the bot will send you a message if a worker of the registered address sends no shares for more than 30 minutes.
    Post edited by dr_pra on