Ethereum Mining Pool Hub - 0% Fee, pays all kind of mining rewards, supports all miner programs

Comments

• miningpoolhubminingpoolhub Member Posts: 308 ✭✭
    Showing stale share statistics on dashboard seems working well.

We'll improve pool daily step by step.
    Thank you for your support and feedback.
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    bitcanuck said:

Showing stale share statistics on dashboard seems working well.

Actually it is not. In the last two days it seems random whether I get -2 stale or not. For instance I just checked (15:00Z) and only got -1 stale info:
    Your Valid 17,655.0635
    397.2983 (1 level stale 2.20%)
    Your Invalid 36.4705 (0.20%)
    This happened to me too, but I took it as that I didn't have any 2 level stales. MPH records up to 6 level I think.
    @bitcanuck @ImAMiner?

MiningPoolHub records up to 6 level stale shares.
    But dashboard will not show "n level stale shares" which is 0%. So, if there's no numbers, it means just 0.
    edited May 2016
    bitcanuck said:

OK, thanks for the clarification.

@bitcanuck

You're welcome.
    Really appreciated with your feedback and suggestions.

Have a nice day.
    edited June 2016
    Seems like block finding luck is great these days.
    I hope you all satisfied with the earnings regarding this high difficulty.
  • PalmzipperPalmzipper GermanyMember Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Sry, mph, I´m not, at least not today. The luck seems very bad today. Just at somehow 0.05 in the Dasboard and should around 0.15 -0.2
    edited June 2016

Sry, mph, I´m not, at least not today. The luck seems very bad today. Just at somehow 0.05 in the Dasboard and should around 0.15 -0.2

@Palmzipper

Ethereum's block update script was delayed/stopped for about 3 hours due to some little problem.
    I think this problem affected your earnings in display.

Currently, pool is calculating last 25 blocks now.
    (It means last 25 blocks were not credited to your account yet)

Please check your earnings later. Sorry for inconvenience.
    Post edited by miningpoolhub on
    [ Pool News ]

I added Korean language at the pool. You would see language change button at left sidemenu's bottom.

Not all texts are translated at this time, but soon it will be finished.
    Maybe I can add other language too, like Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Italian, etc. Please leave message if you want to help me translate.
    edited June 2016

Ethereum's block update script was delayed/stopped for about 3 hours due to some little problem.

Noticed it later, I understand your measures. Problems can and usually will happen.

Let me ask a question for the GlobalBoost-Y mining.
    I can`t see any blockfinding bonuses like for the Ether-mining.
    Do you just distribute the $BSTY 50 blockfinding reward according to the actual miner shares?
    So, its not important who found the block for GlobalBoost-Y mining in this pool?

Noticed it later, I understand your measures. Problems can and usually will happen.

Let me ask a question for the GlobalBoost-Y mining.
    I can`t see any blockfinding bonuses like for the Ether-mining.
    Do you just distribute the $BSTY 50 blockfinding reward according to the actual miner shares?
    So, its not important who found the block for GlobalBoost-Y mining in this pool?

@Palmzipper

There's no blockfinding bonuses for ethereum mining on our pool. Maybe you confused with other pool?
    And, BSTY is distributed according to their contribution, no block finding bonuses.
    It's not important who finds the block currently.

miningpoolhub said:

There's no blockfinding bonuses for ethereum mining on our pool. Maybe you confused with other pool?
    And, BSTY is distributed according to their contribution, no block finding bonuses.
    It's not important who finds the block currently.

Perhaps I´m misunderstanding something.
    But your (MPH-) Pools site says about Ether mining rewards:

And on the transactions site their is a switch for bonuses:

and I remember that I received a bonus once, when I found a block at the time when I started mining Ether. Of course not the full 5 ETH, but just according to my shares.

But this bonus filter and the rewards for blockfinding don`t exist for GlobalBoost-Y on the transaction site and I asked myself for your reasons.
    edited June 2016
    @Palmzipper
    Ah....

Pool gives all kinds of ethereum mining reward with name 'Credit' or 'Credit_AE'. It includes uncle reward, uncle inclusion incentives.

Bonus is just some other kind of things that I give each user manually like some (1)compensation for network error, or just (2) to say thank you for mining with us, or (3) thank you for pool suggestions.
    It's not usual event, but it happens time to time.
    And bonus field is only shown when there's Bonus item added. This is why BSTY don't have Bonus text for you.

Ethereum pool distributed some Bonuses lately. More than 5~6 times at certain events.
    I recall that these were mostly just meaning "thank you".

I will distribute some more bonuses soon too.
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I'm using Claymore's miner and am getting at least a couple % invalid shares. When I tried Genoil's miner I got as much as 5% invalid even when using the latest version of it. I don't have any invalids listed when I was on ethermine. Any idea why?
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @rether I get 0% invalids with claymore. Maybe one of your cards is overclocked too much?
    work said:

@rether I get 0% invalids with claymore. Maybe one of your cards is overclocked too much?

I didn't get any invalid shares listed with ethermine, and Claymore is not showing any rejected shares so it seems really odd.
    @rether many pools don't actually reply false for rejected shares. I think I recall MPH saying that was true here. Does sound a bit weird that you weren't seeing any rejects on another pool. All I can say is that I've never seen invalid at anything but 0 on MPH.

What port and esm are you using?
    work said:

@rether many pools don't actually reply false for rejected shares. I think I recall MPH saying that was true here. Does sound a bit weird that you weren't seeing any rejects on another pool. All I can say is that I've never seen invalid at anything but 0 on MPH.

Port 20536. I don't think I currently have -esm set in my command line.
    rether said:

work said:

Port 20536. I don't think I currently have -esm set in my command line.
    @rether
    Would you tell me your account name or number so that I can check.
    work said:

I switched to esm 1 and it seems a bit better (usually 0-1% invalids now) but I'm getting the occasional message "stratum socket send failed 10053" using Claymore. What setting are you using?
    @rether I have used esm 1 on port 20537.
    work said:

@rether I have used esm 1 on port 20537.

Thanks, I will give that a try.
    edited June 2016
    bitcanuck said:

I've done some more testing, and figured out some of the confusion over which ports to use and esm options with claymore. When I started using mph I had been using the official ethminer and dwarf's eth-proxy. Therefore I was using port 20536 with wallet-based authorization. With claymore this works with esm 0 and esm 1, while esm 2 will give a "unknown response" error. Port 20537 also works with esm 0 and wallet-based authorization.

20536 esm 0 works but I get lots of invalids

20536 esm 1 works the best (low/no invalids) but I get periodic "socket send failed 10053" and it goes to failover

20537 esm 0 mines, but nothing shows up on MPH. It basically doesn't show that it's even working

20537 esm 1 throws a json error when trying to connect to the pool

So...still trying to figure it out.

edit: I switched back to port 20536 with esm 0 with the 4.5 miner as this seems to be the recommended settings from Claymore. No invalids right now which is great, but still getting "socket send failed 10053" and then dropping to failover every so often.
    Post edited by rether on
    @rether interesting you're getting winsock aborted errors. Are you running anti-virus or something weird?

(Error 10053 means "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.")
    I use 20535 and esm 2 and have had no problems. I think MPH prefers the coinotron implementation, at least that's what their instructions state.
    ImAMiner? said:

I use 20535 and esm 2 and have had no problems. I think MPH prefers the coinotron implementation, at least that's what their instructions state.

@ImAMiner?

Each implementation is very very very similar. Only few lines of code are different on pool side.
    eth-proxy(from dwarf), stratum-mining-proxy(from coinotron), genoil-ethminer's stratum works well so it seems like problem relies in Claymore inside.

MPH prefers coinotron implementation because of these reasons.
    (1) stratum protocol like. It is fully compatible with hub feature and can be switched to other ethash (daggerhashimoto) algo coin easily/automatically.
    (2) genoil-ethminer is supporting it. I think this miner became de facto standard. eth-proxy style is not supported.

I hope you enjoy mining with us.
    Ethereum Mining Pool Hub Announcement

Normal and stale shares were all getting ACCEPTED from pool.
    But other shares like "duplicate share", and "low difficulty share" were getting REJECTED.

Since many miners are experiencing constantly sending share bugs, I have changed the logic. All shares will get ACCEPTED. This solves many proxy program bugs, and latest genoil-ethminer branch 110 bug.

This approach is not ideal, so it can be changed later.

If you are using latest genoil-ethminer from branch, I suggest you to stick to genoil-ethminer 1.0.8 at this time. Got several reports that ethminer's branch binary is not working well at certain conditions.

edited June 2016
    bitcanuck said:

If you are using latest genoil-ethminer from branch, I suggest you to stick to genoil-ethminer 1.0.8 at this time. Got several reports that ethminer's branch binary is not working well at certain conditions.

I've been running the 1.1.3 release for a week now on a single-GPU machine (Win 7/64, Catalyst 15.7.1) without any issues. I'm using port us-east1, 20535.
    @bitcanuck

It seems like bug depends on machines.
    Not sure at this time but received reports from miners telling me that some machines try to send solution several times.

I also created an issue about it.
    https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/issues/51
    Post edited by miningpoolhub on
    bitcanuck said:

14.0.4 is the recommended linux distro to use, along with fglrx drivers. I'll probably do a test build this weekend, but since you've stopped refusing bad shares, I won't be able to tell if there is still a problem. Perhaps keep one port that still rejects bad shares?

hub.miningpoolhub.com is working as before. Only changing host name will be enough.
    work said:

@rether interesting you're getting winsock aborted errors. Are you running anti-virus or something weird?

(Error 10053 means "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.")

ImAMiner? said:

I switched to this (port 20535 and esm 2) and it looks like all my problems have been resolved. Very few/no invalids and the disconnects appear to be gone!

Are we having bad luck or are my rewards reduced because you are now accepting all shares (duplicates and low difficulty) ?