Ethereum Mining Pool Hub - 0% Fee, pays all kind of mining rewards, supports all miner programs

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Loving this pool. Most stable and best paying that I've mined on so far. Great to see luck stats are correctly calculated/displayed now. I think once my ethpool rigs get enough credit for their next block, I'll be pointing all my hash here.

Keep it up @miningpoolhub !
  • miningpoolhubminingpoolhub Member Posts: 308 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    hbheiner said:

1225240 Confirmed hbheiner2 27/03 06:38:25 (UTC) 22,032,870,360,083.00 3.750000 1,382,380 1,579,585 1,301,869 94.18

but norreward

sorry, i have ansfer from support:

You can see your block reward from transactions page.

1. Click transactions.
    2. select type as 'Credit'
    3. find block number 1225240
    4. You would see 0.00491420 ETH reward according to your share contribution

49220 hbheiner2 2016-03-27 07:11:38 (UTC) Credit Confirmed 1225240 0.00491420

@hbheiner

Thank you for posting our support feedback as well.
    Hope all things solved.
    edited March 2016
    bitcanuck said:

Your costs are not directly proportional to the hashrate of your pool, so with a percentage fee, the larger miners end up subsidizing the smaller ones. A fixed plus percentage fee would be better for both you and for larger miners. For example if you charged 0.5% + 0.005 eth/day of active mining, you'd get the same revenue from someone mining 1 eth/day. For small miners with just a single GPU you'd get more revenue, and for big miners with > 1GH/s, the fees could be low enough to keep them from dropping out of the pool to mine solo.

@bitcanuck

Maybe we would benefit big miners by lowering fee as you stated.
    We'll consider it carefully.

Thank you for your suggestion.
    work said:

Loving this pool. Most stable and best paying that I've mined on so far. Great to see luck stats are correctly calculated/displayed now. I think once my ethpool rigs get enough credit for their next block, I'll be pointing all my hash here.

Keep it up @miningpoolhub !

@work

I'm really happy to hear encouraging comment from miners.
    Thanks!
    We changed ethereum pool fee from 1% to 0.9% from now on.
    Thanks.

@work As you know, this change is made by your request. Hope you are happy with it.
    edited March 2016

We changed ethereum pool fee from 1% to 0.9% from now on.
    Thanks.

@work As you know, this change is made by your request. Hope you are happy with it.

Hope this helps you bring in some more miners. The pool's stability is the main selling point for me - I haven't had less dropped connections with any other pool. 0.1% more in my wallet is gravy! I've been making a decent chunk more then comparable hashrate on ethpool so far too.
    work said:

Hope this helps you bring in some more miners. The pool's stability is the main selling point for me - I haven't had less dropped connections with any other pool. 0.1% more in my wallet is gravy! I've been making a decent chunk more then comparable hashrate on ethpool so far too.

@work
    Your comment encourages us.
    Thanks.
    We submitted open source mining pool bounty.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/03/29/an-open-source-mining-pool-bounty/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4cecja/an_open_source_mining_pool_bounty_and_devgrant/

It needs quite massive of work to open our source because our code has many features involved on multipool, auto switching, auto exchange things.
    But it looks quite good to participate. Hope you miners upvote our proposal on reddit.

Thanks.
  • noonwaynoonway Member Posts: 11
    What's the payout minimum? i.e. nanopool is 0.1eth min, ethmining is 1eth min
    How does auto-exchange work? What are minimums for ETH2BTC?
    edited March 2016
    noonway said:

What's the payout minimum? i.e. nanopool is 0.1eth min, ethmining is 1eth min
    How does auto-exchange work? What are minimums for ETH2BTC?

@noonway

Minimum auto payout is 0.01 ETH, minimum manual payout is 0.001 ETH
    0.0005 ETH is transaction fee, so too low payout is not good for profit.

Auto exchange is done from pool, aggregates whole ETH which needs auto exchanging.
    These ETH will be transferred to exchange sites, exchanged, withdrawn to target coin and credited to your account. So, there's no minimum amount to exchange for you, but there's minimum amount for pool.

We transfer, exchange, withdraw as one to reduce the fee exchange site is charging.
    When exchange is done, you can find your coins from Balances page.
    Please delete DAG file if mining does not seem to work (like rejected shares error)

Here are DAG location for each OS
    MAC/LINUX : $(HOME)/.ethash
    Windows : $(HOME)/Appdata/Local/Ethash/

We received many questions about this issue.
    Hope all things are resolved.

Happy mining!
  • vigmarvigmar Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    uncle rate extralarge :(

So I am connecting using eth-proxy with no problems for awhile to these servers as instructed:

# Servers:
    # EU-Server: europe1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (Europe)
    # US-Server: us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (East)
    # AU-Server: asia1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (Asia)

Why am I seeing a connection to dwarfpool instead of the US server?

wut.jpg 24.6K
    edited March 2016
    vigmar said:

uncle rate extralarge :(

@vigmar

That is no more our main wallet address. We have separated wallet address to minimize block relay reject attack & fake shares among different location servers.

And curiously, we have found that higher uncle rate gives more reward sometimes.
    Statistically when we tried to raise the uncle rate, miners got more reward than before.

We will discuss this issue later publicly. Uncle rate doesn't only mean that pool is inefficient, but can say that maybe pool caught some blocks could have lost.
    Post edited by miningpoolhub on
    noonway said:

So I am connecting using eth-proxy with no problems for awhile to these servers as instructed:

# Servers:
    # EU-Server: europe1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (Europe)
    # US-Server: us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (East)
    # AU-Server: asia1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com (Asia)

Why am I seeing a connection to dwarfpool instead of the US server?

@noonway

eth-proxy's default config is already set as eth-hk.dwarfpool.com:8008
    https://github.com/Atrides/eth-proxy/blob/master/stratum/config_default.py#L165

If you don't set POOL_HOST_FAILOVER3, then eth-proxy will try to connect to eth-hk.dwarfpool.com by default.
    Maybe input hub.miningpoolhub.com as fourth failover server.
    This is not dedicated ethereum pool server but it also serves ethereum currently.
    Makes sense. Used the hub as the third fail over and restarted proxy. Assuming it was the same port and it appeared to work. Thanks!
    edited March 2016
    profit per day is less than about 14% than for example Coinotron. :(

Gen Est. Found Valid Orphan Avg Diff Shares Est. Shares Percentage Amount Rate Est.
    Last Hour 276.92307692308 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00% 0 0.00% -

Post edited by vigmar on
    noonway said:

Makes sense. Used the hub as the third fail over and restarted proxy. Assuming it was the same port and it appeared to work. Thanks!

@noonway
    Yes, it uses same port number. (Actually all our servers use same port number)

Hope you are satisfied with our mining pool service.
    Thanks.
    vigmar said:

Rofl... did you test for 1 hour or something? This pool has been having amazing luck overall, and I am earning a huge 25% more then the same hashpower at ethpool over an extended period.

Luck over last 24hr is an amazing 81% right now. And lifetime luck is below 90%! (This means the pool finds blocks 10% faster then expected on average). Not sure what the point of your screenshot showing 1 hour of badluck and spread-out blocks. FUD much?
    edited April 2016
    vigmar said:

Gen Est. Found Valid Orphan Avg Diff Shares Est. Shares Percentage Amount Rate Est.
    Last Hour 276.92307692308 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00% 0 0.00% -

@vigmar

Sorry that you got 14% less.
    There may be two reasons in theory.

1. Our pool is quite smaller than other major pools. This doesn't mean that you get less, but can mean that your mining reward may flunctuate more. But, in a long run, you will get reward as you contributed.
    2. We use PPLNS which gives more reward to miners who stayed longer. This policy helps distribute fairly and prevents fast pool hoppers who get more than they contributed. So, when you switched to our pool and mined only one day, you would receive smaller amount than expected. Currently we use 5 round PPLNS but it varies time to time because shares are counted back from the last block.

We attached image file which shows other near statistics you captured.

As you know, lower block finding percentage is better. It just goes up and down, and you need to focus an average, not some high peak percentage numbers.

Currently, we are having 81.60% for Last 24 Hours. Seems quite lucky today.

Hope you mine with us more. We can't guarantee you get more reward than other pools, but it seems that pool is getting more and more optimized than before.
    We use many method to block fake shares, and optimize our pool efficiency.

Thanks.
    edited April 2016
    work said:

vigmar said:

Rofl... did you test for 1 hour or something? This pool has been having amazing luck overall, and I am earning a huge 25% more then the same hashpower at ethpool over an extended period.

Luck over last 24hr is an amazing 81% right now. And lifetime luck is below 90%! (This means the pool finds blocks 10% faster then expected on average). Not sure what the point of your screenshot showing 1 hour of badluck and spread-out blocks. FUD much?
    @work
    Thank you.
    You are quite well known member in this forum and it really helps us to prove that we are doing our best.
    Happy that you got more reward than before. We are continually testing, doing simulation, monitoring to improve rewards.

You comment encourages us. Thanks.
    edited April 2016
    work said:

vigmar said:

lol
    Learn theory! schoolboy

Pool Hashrate ~ 19.6 GH/s
    19.6 GH/s ~ 72 block in 24h

on this pool ~ 60 in last 24h!
    average: -16%

sh4.jpg 20.8K
    edited April 2016
    @vigmar why are you basing any luck calculation off of "hashrate"? Only shares matter. You seem pretty clueless, and you specifically dodged my question. So, I guess you literally did test for a whole 1 hour.

Some people...
    work said:

@vigmar why are you basing any luck calculation off of "hashrate"? Only shares matter. You seem pretty clueless, and you specifically dodged my question. So, I guess you literally did test for a whole 1 hour.

Some people...

because my statistics are based on my observations. On Coinotron I'm mining has on average 14% higher in 24 hours. And the data that I have given above, it is only confirmed.

yes, Some people...
    edited April 2016
    OMG

I will not work in your minig pool, and do not advise others.
    Good luck!
    edited April 2016
    a
    vigmar said:

because my statistics are based on my observations. On Coinotron I'm mining has on average 14% higher in 24 hours. And the data that I have given above, it is only confirmed.

yes, Some people...

@vigmar

Simple calculators are broken for Ethereum. I'll tell you in detail.
    Calculators out there do all math with this formula.

Expected profit = (Reward per block * ETH price * target constant value from ETH) / difficulty

Keep in mind that this formula came out from Bitcoin and it doesn't include any loss from network latency and resetting mining job from miner program. There's also other reasons like block processing time, peer replay time. These kind of loss is quite huge for short block time coins.

Bitcoin has 10 minutes block time, and that formula nearly matched.
    Dash has 2.5 minutes block time and has 4~10% error in reality.
    old Maxcoin which had 30 seconds blocktime had 9~20% error in reality.
    Jackpotcoin has smaller block time due to PoS mining and had upto 40% error too.

Have you ever heard this margin of error of mining calculators?
    Only pool operators can tell this info. I haven't heard this kind of info from web.

That forumula can't reflect miner's real hash speed also. You would be surprised, but all current
    ethereum pool's hashrate expectation formula includes some tweak to match miner's real hashrate.
    Shares submitted from miners are raw difficulty data and it doesn't include real hash speed. Pool collects each shares and calculate, multiply constant rate to match to real hashrate.
    We gathered this constant factor from mining our real hardware and adjusted to real world. Yes, it is error correction constant for this formula.

It is not trick to fool miners. It's just limitation of that formula which don't reflect real world efficiency.
    I was so curious about these things few days ago, and collected all total hashrate and real block finding numbers for all other ethereum pools.
    I'll not discuss that data here, since it's quite sensitive, offensive data to some pools.
    (Some pools manipulate them a lot)
    Most normal pools bump +6%~20% "total hashrate" from "expected total hashrate" which was calculated from found blocks. Yeah, this is normal.

I'll say it again, this is not trick. It's error correctness from submitted shares to show miners that they are mining well.
    The problem is calculators. Calculators are not reflecting the coins with short block time in real world.

Pool block finding luck can go up and down time to time, we can't guarantee your reward for short period of time.

Our pool block finding is less than 1% of total blocks. Did you know that?
    Quite small pool currently.
    This means reward can flunctuates quite largely than big pools.
    You may get small reward today, but big tomorrow.

We had been doing our best. We didn't steal any ETH from miners, distributed honestly.
    If you don't like this pool, and not satisfied with reward, then it's okay.
    But I hope you to try this pool again longer.

Since pool's data is quite customized to their conditions, target time, statistics are not comparable to each other.
    You can't simply use calculator and compare each pool by using their total hashrate number.

Run two same miner, one for other pool and one for our pool more than a month. This is the exact method you need to compare each pool.

Thanks.
    vigmar said:

OMG

Good luck!

@vigmar

After you pointed 507.46% block, we've got lucky blocks.

And last 24 hours block finding became 92.71% with 62 blocks.

I'm not writing this post to say that "luck came back to us", but to say about "transparency".

We don't hide bad luck blocks, we don't manipulate, but just show results.
    If we were manipulating results, then we would changed that number to below 100%.

Whether the pool hash is big or not, this percentage can go up more than 1000%.
    Yeah, even dwarfpool can go upto 1000%.
    If dwarfpool don't find block for 4.5 minutes then they get 1000%.

I have seen many times hitting bigger than 1200% from other coin pools. Don't be scary with just 500%.
    It can happen time to time in crypto currency world.

If you haven't seen this high percentage, then your pool is not showing true block finding percentage.

Thanks.
    I am rather amused how vigmar managed to screenshot a few periods of bad luck. Everytime I have checked the stats in between and after his posts, they look quite good.

vigmar said:

OMG

Good luck!

@vigmar

After you pointed 507.46% block, we've got lucky blocks.

And last 24 hours block finding became 92.71% with 62 blocks.

I'm not writing this post to say that "luck came back to us", but to say about "transparency".

We don't hide bad luck blocks, we don't manipulate, but just show results.
    If we were manipulating results, then we would changed that number to below 100%.

Whether the pool hash is big or not, this percentage can go up more than 1000%.
    Yeah, even dwarfpool can go upto 1000%.
    If dwarfpool don't find block for 4.5 minutes then they get 1000%.

I have seen many times hitting bigger than 1200% from other coin pools. Don't be scary with just 500%.
    It can happen time to time in crypto currency world.

If you haven't seen this high percentage, then your pool is not showing true block finding percentage.

Thanks.
    You do not understand?

I'm not interested what figures draws one or another pool.
    I have already said that my information is based on my observations, and actual payments coins for 24hours. You payment lower than for example at the other pool.
    Once again, good luck!
    edited April 2016
    vigmar said:

You do not understand?

I'm not interested what figures draws one or another pool.
    I have already said that my information is based on my observations, and actual payments coins for 24hours. You payment lower than for example at the other pool.
    Once again, good luck!

24 hours isn't anywhere near long enough to conclude that a pool pays less then another. At least a week would be required to even out luck IMO. If coinotron has +6% luck and miningpoolhub had -6% luck, that would explain the difference. Certainly block luck isn't going to average out reasonably over 24 hours when you're talking about reasonably small pools.

Good luck to you too...