Any "younger" people?

Hey guys!

I've been mining for the past week or so, and have made a good amount of ETH so far... I'm currently 15 years old and was wondering if anyone else is mining at this age? I've been able to get my friend into it, but haven't seen anyone else interested in mining at all.

Comments

• BanksyBanksy Member Posts: 45
    Well done & welcome little man :) tell us a bit about your experience so far? How did you build your rig etc.?
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @inlineskater720, welcome aboard, there's a huge future here.

You know Vitalik was only 17 when he got into Bitcoin? So don't think age is going to be a problem.
  • ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I've put together my first PC from parts at the age of 12, and I'm turning 25 this year, you're on the right track man! B)
  • axou64axou64 Member Posts: 21
    I'm only 16yo but I am creating my own rig

But there some compromise like the budget so I have to asked my parents for this project and they were ok with one condition : I can only buy one gpu for the moment and I'll buy the others with the money that I earned with mining

So believe in you and have fun, age doesn't matter, really

Axel
    edited March 2016
    @axou64, problem with that is the limited time for GPU mining. By the time your GPU has paid for itself and can fund another it will be too late. There's ~2 months to ROI and if you can press your parents for a 'loan' for a second or 3rd card you'll be fare better off in two months when they've all paid for themselves.
  • inlineskater720inlineskater720 New JerseyMember Posts: 3
    @Banksy
    My experience with ETH has been amazing so far. I actually helped out my dad with his bitcoin mining back in 2014, so I had a little bit of experience to start out with. But since the difficulty rose up so much, we had to shut the miners down... I think having the experience to start with definitely gave me a better understanding of how all of this works, and it just came easy to me.

My rig is actually built from a gaming computer. I use both mine and my brothers to mine currently (hoping to build a separate rig just for mining). One of the computers has a Tri-X R9 290X and a Radeon R9 290x. The other computer has a Radeon R9 290x. Both combined give me around 60Mh. May not be much, but it's definitely a start!
    @inlineskater720 Great cards to have going in to it.
  • axou64axou64 Member Posts: 21

@axou64, problem with that is the limited time for GPU mining. By the time your GPU has paid for itself and can fund another it will be too late. There's ~2 months to ROI and if you can press your parents for a 'loan' for a second or 3rd card you'll be fare better off in two months when they've all paid for themselves.

Yeah I know, I'll have my first gpu today and start mining

If it's worth it, I think I'll buy 2 or 3 r7 370 and upgrade my rig
    edited March 2016
    @axou64 Make sure you get the 4Gb GPU's as you don't want them to drop out in about 10 months. Also 20% of global hash got kicked off the network today due to an nearly forgotten memory setting with the 2GB GPU's.