Can i use a bit coin miner

SmooveSmoove Member Posts: 6
Hey guys im super new to mining ether and not great with computers but I have a Neptune bit coin miner im just wondering if theres any way I can convert it to an ether miner or if it would be worth it? thanks for your time, this is my first post sorry if its in the wrong section

Comments

• BanksyBanksy Member Posts: 45
    Unfortunately not. Ethereum is GPU Mining only and will switch to PoS early next year.
  • AnjesAnjes Member Posts: 5
    Banksy said:

Unfortunately not. Ethereum is GPU Mining only and will switch to PoS early next year.

PoS is still GPU right?
  • cryptoaskercryptoasker Member Posts: 28
    Anjes said:

PoS is still GPU right?

No its not. GPU´s will be worthless then, its a form of staking, I think you can freeze (min. 1500) Ether and get rewards for that. I don´t know how this works in detail but this change will be made with serenity and is expected at august 2016 or later.
  • AnjesAnjes Member Posts: 5
    so, what will be used for miming PoS?
  • ben1238ben1238 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Hello, I'm new to mining ethos. And I to was wondering what exactly is involved in the proof of stake arrangement coming down and I was also curious how this would effect ethos mining? Please I would love to know anything about this being I just got my first ethos rigg up and running. And I was curious if one day asic's could be used for ethos mining?