Why 99% of people in this forum section are scammers

hommhomm Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Ether Sale
If you're reading this, chances are you're new to any kind of crypto trading since experienced users never check this place out anyways.

The way this forum section currently works is a cesspool of scammers trying to take advantage of gullible new users.

They place advertisements claiming they're selling significant amounts of ETH, at prices that are significantly cheaper than the current official exchange price. Anything to draw your interest and lure you in. Once you're interested and have made contact with them, they will have a specific scam planned to rip you off and steal your coins. One way or another. They're experienced in scamming, you're not experienced in the different scamming methods.

Especially so as people get blinded by their greed - and thus, make foolish mistakes trying to get a "great deal", ending up getting scammed.

If you are interested in buying (or selling), use one of the trusted exchanges: Shapeshift, Poloniex, Kraken, Gatecoin.
Unless you have a good amount of previous experience in trading, you will not find secure trades here on the forums.

Examples of obvious scam posters: ETHMiner, RichieL, MichailS, ETHBagg, StrongETH (just scroll through the recent threads posted and you'll recognize them)

And the infamous story of the guy who lost 42.5BTC trying to make a trade with a guy he met on these forums, if my previous text wasn't enough to convince you yet: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/42l8wj/how_i_was_scammed_of_425_btc_last_night/

Don't trade here. Use one of the 4 exchanges. Any questions? Ask freely here and I'll reply if I ever visit this place again.