GPU choice

hkhald01hkhald01 Member Posts: 26
Hello All,
I am new to ether and crypto currency, it started February 8th when my friend asked me about the cloud mining contract, but I just started to read and read and now i am mining on my old asus mother board (1pci-e16x and one pci-e1x with a riser cable) both cards
XFX RADEON Double D R9 280X 1000MHz BOOST Ready 3GB DDR5 2XmDP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Cards R9-280X-TDFD
I have 4gb of ram ddr2 type and also an Athlom II x620 processor, I am using a 2.5" sata hdd from an old laptop with a win 7 pro in it
The mystical part in mining is when u see the mining going and you know you can go and leave the machine alone but u won't ...
so mining was wonderful and I remember that in 2009 when I first heard about Bitcoin I thought it was just a game now I am buying it close to $400, and to get into it someone needs serious money, but ether is still where Bitcoin were in 2010/2011 and even in a better position,

I am mining with ethereumpool.co and here is my stats:
Est. revenue with avg diff from 128 blocks
Time period Ether,
Minute 0.000688 Ether
Hour 0.041288 Ether
Day 0.990920 Ether
Week 6.936437 Ether
Month 29.727585 Ether

# Worker name real hash rate
1 HAZELP 41.64 MHash/s

1 - Here is my question: on some sites the r9 280x should give about 25Mh/s I am getting close to 21 per card, any body can help ?
2 - what makes a gpu great for mining is the clock speed or the ram size (considering the DAG may increase so the 3GB will be garbage then), I see some card they have only 5 Mh/s difference but the price difference is considerable and it will make more business sense to use the less hash rate card because it is 100$ cheaper, I am trying to get 5 GPUs to mine ether with but i am very hesitant as i don't understand how a gpu works and makes it hash better then other gpus and Happy mining to all :)