solution found

trickstertrickster lowry city mo.Member Posts: 19
miner says solution found submitting blah blah blah nounce blah blah. then it says failure gpu submitted incorrect imformation. it has done this twice so far. i have just started pool mining a couple of days ago so i have no clue what is going on. havent found a block yet so i get excited when i first see this but the failure statement realy bumms me out what does this mean is my computer not doing something right?

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @trickster You probably need to stop your miner(s), delete your DAG files, and start the miner(s) back up so the DAG is regenerated fresh.
  • trickstertrickster lowry city mo.Member Posts: 19
    thank you. does this mean i could actualy find a block ?
    If you're pool mining, *you* don't find a block, the pool does. You are mining for small shares of a block, as is everyone else in the pool.
    edited February 2016
    i'm in a solo mining pool. but this does mean that my miner is working properly? the pool finds blocks regularly but i haven't received any of the payout. i thought i wouldn't until i found the block or an uncle of it
    Which pool? ethpool.org?
    edited February 2016
    @trickster You are still mining shares, the pool, as a whole, mines the block. If it's a solo mining pool, like ethpool.org, you will receive credit for a whole block, eventually, when your credits (shares) are approximately equal to the current network difficulty.
    Post edited by dlehenky on
    edited February 2016
    yes, ethpool.org. but my account search says i have a 0 hash rate and i dont show up on the credit list. is something wrong? i am useing ethminer if that makes a difference
    @trickster Until you fix the "FAILURE GPU error" problem (did you?), you aren't going to get credit for the work you do.
    well, i don't know how. i am very new to all of this. i didn't know anything about mining till about a month ago. now i find myself obsessed with trying to do it. i'm not trying to get rich,i just wanna get in the game.
    @trickster Well, honestly, at 6.5 MH/s, you're not in the game, even without the errors you're getting. On average, it's going to take you 26 days! to mine a block, running 24 hours a day. That's a lot of electricity for 1 block.

Are you running Windows? What version? What GPU do you have? Where is your mining software installed (what folder)? Are you running 'ethminer'? If so, what does your command line look like?

-Best Care
    David
    8.1, intel, drive c program files, ethminer c++. i used -F flag to start it in-G but it gets the cant allocate one big chunk, bailing -38 then it freezes. so i run it in-C. much slower but it does act like its working. other than the gpu failure. i cant afford big mining equipment, wish i could. heck it took me 10 years to afford to upgrade from an acer with xp, just got this new asus laptop. so just a block or 2 a month would about cover my internet so i can keep mining.
    @trickster The GPU on your laptop probably doesn't have enough memory to hold the DAG. The DAG files are probably in a folder called Ethereum, I believe. I don't use Windows, so I'm not sure, but I believe I've seen that folder name mentioned in other discussions on the forum. See if you can find the DAG files. They'll have names like: full-R23-4b77c50b31c33143.
    ok, i looked in the ethereum file in programs. found 4 folders lib, bin, include and release. i didnt find the dag files in any of them.
    No, I *think* the Ethereum folder I'm referring to is under your user folder.
    if i am mining with my cpu i dont understand why my gpu affects my mining
    ok i found a couple of folders named libcurl-4,dll, libwinpthread-1,dll, zlib1,dll. and when i opened them they looked like they were writen in klingon.
    I didn't say your GPU was affecting your mining. Your using -C right, no -G on the ethminer command? Your last post about the dll's?? Yes, you have dll's for Ethereum. I'm not sure what you are asking??
    edited February 2016
    yes i use -C because -F keeps getting the bailing -38 and freezing up problem. if i open the dll folders i cant read them the scrypt looks like its written in another language. the gpu failed sent incorrect information message comes when mining in -C
    I understand why you can't run the GPU; that's fine. I don't understand why you're looking at dll's. They are libraries, they are part of the application, you're not suppose to "read" them, you're not supposed to do anything to them. Perhaps I misunderstanding what you're saying? As far as the GPU error messages: Are you still getting them while running the CPU? I really don't know if that's just a "bug" of sorts in the error message, or what. Basically, you are probably one of a handful of people that are mining with a CPU, so I don't have any experience as far as quirky behavior when CPU mining. Are you getting the errors all the time, every time you submit a result?
    every time i find a solution it tells me that it had a gpu failure when sending the information.the dll files were in my user files, i was searching through all my files looking for the dag files but cant find them.
    if i could afford a gpu mining rig i would definatly get one, but as is i can barely afford my internet.was just hoping to be able to make enough to help with the internet bill.
    @trickster Yes, I understand you were looking for the DAG files, but I gave a sample file name for a DAG; it did not end in .dll, so I was confused as to why you would be looking at them.

I also understand you can't afford a GPU. That doesn't make you a bad person :) There are certainly more important things in life.

The error that you are getting, setting aside the fact that it says "GPU", means that when the verification check was done on your result, it didn't match the check value. A corrupt DAG file can cause this, but it can also be caused by other factors, so I can't really say for sure that the DAG file is the problem, but it's definitely the first thing to try. You may want to just uninstall the Ethereum application and re-install it fresh, but don't attempt to use the GPU this time. I know it's a pain, but that's what I would suggest, at this point.

-Best Care
    David
    thank you, have uninstalled and reinstalled. am attempting a restart now. will reply later if error happens again