Introducing Dynamic Pyramid **3x-1.2x Payouts** Verified Contract

DaedalusDaedalus Posts: 36Member
Just created a Pyramid smart contract. I did some calculations, and wanted to see how long a pyramid's lifespan could be prolonged by, the best way in the long-run is by decreasing the payout multiplier, from something like 2x, which equates to the pyramid having to double in size constantly to get payments off. My hope with this pyramid is to keep it running and paying out for as long as possible, as I will use what I've learned from here for future contracts, and one pyramid hopefully that is fully decentralized and automated if I can get enough data from this one.

The contract address is: 0xa9e4e3b1da2462752aea980698c335e70e9ab26c

To send using geth or eth:
eth.sendTransaction({from: eth.coinbase, value: web3.toWei(1, 'ether'), to: '0xa9e4e3b1da2462752aea980698c335e70e9ab26c', gas: 200000})

or replace eth.coinbase with primary or your actual account string such as '0x0c5437b0b6906321cca17af681d59baf60afe7d6'

Easiest way is with Mist or Ethereum wallet, and adding the address under watch contract. If anyone needs a tutorial on that, let me know and I'll post a video.

Basic info:
  • Minimum of 1 Ether is required to be entered into the pyramid
  • The first 10 to enter the pyramid will have a promotional 3x payout applied to their payouts
  • 11-25 will get 2x payout, and after that the pyramid will switch to 1.5x payout so the pyramid doesn't get too large and people keep getting payouts
  • The fee is 10%, however, it is not applied to your payout, it is applied to your initial transaction e.g. you send 10 ether, 9 goes into the pyramid's payout balance, and 1 goes to fees, however, you will still get a payout of 15 ether down the line, if the payout multiplier was 1.5x when you sent the transaction
  • The payout multiplier can be changed, from 1.2x to 3x. It will be changed depending on speed of payouts and recommendations in this thread. The multiplier that applies to you is the one at the time of your transaction, changing the multiplier thereafter has no effect on your expected payout.
  • The fee can be changed
  • Sending 50 ether or more gives you a 50% fee rebate e.g. if fee is 10%, and you send 100 Ether, only 5% fee will be applied, rather than the regular 10%.

The contract itself holds most of the relevant info you need, such as the balance of the pyramid, when next payout will be, and the list of who is in the pyramid, and their expected payout. You may use this JSON interface code to "Watch the contract" in Mist or Ethereum Wallet: Paste into your JSON interface

The contract is fully verified by both Etherchain and Ether.Camp, I'd appreciate if someone knowledgeable in Solidity could verify there is nothing malicious in the code, I honestly tried to be as fair with everything as possible, ensuring I the contract creator am limited in any changes I can make, and that the balance goes towards paying off pyramid entrants.

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will answer them :)

Comments

• DaedalusDaedalus Posts: 36Member
    edited February 2016
    Vigorous testing of this has been done on the testnet (Morden), if you would like to try it there, which I would recommend if you're not sure about it, the address is: 0xb9e748bd1b9c38a053f8a06e81ff5d396e5fc239
    Remember, the above address is for the testnet pyramid, so you can verify it works, yourself. The one in the first post is for the Mainnet (Live/Frontier).

Also, here is a link to one of the contracts that were tested in the testnet. Testnet Contract Transaction
    Post edited by Daedalus on
    The 3x payout promo will be ending February 25, 2016 7pm UTC. So 24 hours from this post. Thereafter, the fee will go down to 6% and the payout for 1-10 lowered to 2x.
    edited February 2016
    This pyramid is catered towards paying out in the long-run, yet no one has seemingly wanted to even put in 1 Ether into it, but I consistently see the Pyramids with absolute 10% fee where you can expect a payout next year, getting Ethers put in? Also, this pyramid does not undercut your payout, as the other ones too, it's not a "2x payout with 10% fee" where if you put in 1 Ether you get 1.9 Ether, you get 2 from mine.

Are most people irrational actors or what am I doing wrong here, did I mess up by not making a site, because most people don't know how to use the "Ethereum Wallet" watch a contract function?

If anyone wants to try out the testnet version, but you don't have ether on it, please let me know your Testnet account, and I'll send you some Ether.
    Post edited by Daedalus on
    Second payout has just been completed:http://etherscan.io/address/0xa9e4e3b1da2462752aea980698c335e70e9ab26c

Only 3 more spots left if you want 3x promo payout, it will go to 2x after that.
    We now have a site up and running at ethpyramid.meteor.com/

Use the mist browser for the full experience. Tech page coming soon on it.
  • PolonicPolonic Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2016
    how much I can get on their investment?
    Right now the multiplier is 1.5x. So if you put in 10 Ether, you will get 15 back once pyramid is big enough. You can check the contract transactions on Etherscan, many people have already put in 100 Ether and got 150 Ether back :). etherscan.io/address/0xa9e4e3b1da2462752aea980698c335e70e9ab26c
  • Vivi127Vivi127 Posts: 27Member
    Hello !
    I'm having an issue to send my contribution to this since the transaction is in error (https://etherscan.io/tx/0x5d1a4ad033831f3afb7fecbad26a1def0ee68a7f9620385f313d8f09974bc3c5)
    I'm sending it from a personal wallet at https://ethereumwallet.com

Am I doing something wrong ? :)

Cheers
    Hi Vivi, apologies for the late reply. The issue is that the web wallet only allows enough gas included, for a account -> account transfer, and not an account -> contract transfer. You need to be sending at least 100k gas, although I recommend about 200k, for it to successfully go through.

Contract normally uses about 77k gas, if it isn't paying out, if it is paying someone out, it will be a bit higher, hence I say 200k is safest best!
    We are currently running a promo for the Homestead release. For 24 hours, only 2% fee on deposits, and ONLY 1% on any deposits of 50 ether or more.
    Daedalus said:

Hi Vivi, apologies for the late reply. The issue is that the web wallet only allows enough gas included, for a account -> account transfer, and not an account -> contract transfer. You need to be sending at least 100k gas, although I recommend about 200k, for it to successfully go through.

Contract normally uses about 77k gas, if it isn't paying out, if it is paying someone out, it will be a bit higher, hence I say 200k is safest best!

Hi Daedalus ! Thanks for the reply ;)
    Actually I'm a bit lost, I don't understand how I can send gas ... Currently I have a little more than 14ETH on that account at ethereumwallet.com but all I can't enter before sending is the adress and the amount of ETH :/
    Yeah, I've been told web wallets unfortunately can't customize gas amount. I recommend against web wallets anyways, from what I've seen, many are just simple brain wallets, which are easily crackable.

If you'd like to participate, I recommend downloading the Ethereum wallet, using the address it gives you, and transferring your web wallet there. Make sure you're not sending from a wallet contract or any other contract for that matter.
    Thanks for all the advices, I'm downloading it and the blocks are syncing... Not yet there I'm afraid but on my way ;)
    Just to make sure I'm not syncing the wrong stuff,
    I download this wallet v0.5.2 https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases
    This sounds correct to you ?
    Yep, that's the newest wallet I am using as well :smiley:
    Unfortunately, this appears to be a scam as well (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410587.0)
    Vivi127 said:

Unfortunately, this appears to be a scam as well (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410587.0)

How is an unrelated contract being a scam due to a programmer that didn't know what they were doing, in any way related to this pyramid? This is a pyramid/ponzi, as much as the stock markets are.

If the price of a share in google is $500, that doesn't mean every shareholder will get $500. If every shareholder were to cash out, they'd be lucky to get a cent, check the order books of stocks for confirmations of this. Our banks run ponzies, hence the term "run on the banks". If too many people try withdrawing money from any bank, the bank won't have enough to give deposits back to even 1% of people, what with fractional reserves and all. If you try and withdraw over $10,000 from a bank, you have to go through insane hoops, and are called a financial terrorist.
    Payouts are still happening with this pyramid, we had a 100+ Ether pay out just 2 days ago, if that is a scam and some people are making 100s of Ether of this, then I sincerely apologize for this.
    I don't see you contributing to Ethereum other than trolling these forums, and patronizing its users. I believe people are mature and smart enough to know what they should put their ether into and what they shouldn't.

Also, you claiming I have other accounts is hilarious, I can safely guess you must be the stalker and conspiracy nut posting on the bitcointalk threads about that as well. As with many other things in your life, you're wrong in this case too.

I apologize, but I am not Ukrainian, however, I do know a number of languages, along with being able to read Cyrillic and knowing what you wrote in one of your last comments, which will be reported to a moderator here.

Please go back to 4chan, and learn proper punctuation and grammar before you go spreading your "wisdom".
    Meteor.com officially ended its hosting services a couple days ago.

The site is now up at http://ethpyramid.tk
    Well if it's not a scam, how come that this account for example (0x2ff080a723010c7ddbd923f50a1083f93173030c) has not yet received payback while it has been more than 10 days ago ?
    Besides, comparing a Ponzi scheme to a stock seems harsh :)
    Vivi127 said:

Well if it's not a scam, how come that this account for example (0x2ff080a723010c7ddbd923f50a1083f93173030c) has not yet received payback while it has been more than 10 days ago ?
    Besides, comparing a Ponzi scheme to a stock seems harsh :)

It has not received payout because there are other participants ahead in the queue of that address. That address is a more recent participant. If you open the site with Mist browser, you can see exactly the order of the pyramid, and what order that address is in if you're interested. Or, the other option is simply adding the JSON interface to your Ethereum Wallet, and you can get that same info there.
    Well in this case, which one is the next in the queue ?
  • RUNCPARUNCPA Posts: 4Member
    Why not to make 0 fee? If you want to benefit form this - just use it as everyone
    How come they never get caught ? Once done, they just have to convert the coin to real money and make a wire to their account
    We should be able to trace them back through Etherscan though
    I'm not from Eastern Europe or anything.

Anyways, for anyone that joins our bitcointalk thread, we are having a 0% fee promotion.

Also, G416G is just a frustrated and racist child from Toronto, Canada. The pyramid has paid out almost 7000 Ether so far to its participants.
    RUNCPA said:

Why not to make 0 fee? If you want to benefit form this - just use it as everyone

Renting a VPS and hosting websites on it are not free, along with maintaining it and putting my time towards it.
    RUNCPA said:

Another interesting thing about your question, is your name, and that somebody with that name, linked the site runcpa.com, and was offering a service if the fee was split with them? I'll gladly take your deal then and set the fee to be 0% in that case.
    G416G said:

Daedalus said:

I'm not from Eastern Europe or anything.

Wherever you are from is guaranteed to be a crappy part of the world. Pretty sure you are lying though as that is a common trait of scammers and con artists so I would put you smack dab in the middle of moscow.

Can you please not mention my name in your post so I don't have to come back to thread written by a terrorist/spammer/scammer/racist/con artist
    You seem like a very frustrated Toronto kid. Next time you make a name, don't include your damn area code in your name. And you're the one spamming and flaming this thread, and hopefully a moderator takes appropriate action against you, most of your post history is full of libel and racism. Sounds like you were bullied by Russians or Ukrainians in school, and now anyone on the internet you are jealous or scared of you call Russian and try and slander them. Get some counseling kid, you seem unstable.
    Also, I need to hit you with some more 'real talk'.

*TRIGGER WARNING*
    *POTENTIAL SUICIDE WATCH ALERT FOR G416G*

Vitalik Buterin, accredited as co-creator and inventor of Ethereum, is... wait for it... Russian.

Looks like it's time to delete your account, he's from the country you seem to hate the most. So long you racist scumbag.