Best pool to mine on?

2»

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @bluebox I pay $0.075 per KW/h, and it's all hydro, so I'm actually operating with a zero carbon footprint :) I only draw 1200w for a 6 GPU rig, so that helps, too.
    @timeherald From people that have mined on both, I hear they are dead even. So, do you want to tip the network percentage further to dwarfpool's benefit, thereby weakening the security of Ethereum, or use the smaller ethpool, help network decentralize, and still get the same returns?
  • blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    @dlehenky Cheaper greener power, like it. Wish we had the same; mix of coal/nuke, don't feel so great about that!
    @bluebox I can understand why :) So, does the coal soot help cover up that glow-in-the-dark thing? Just curious :)
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    dlehenky said:

@bluebox I pay $0.075 per KW/h, and it's all hydro, so I'm actually operating with a zero carbon footprint :) I only draw 1200w for a 6 GPU rig, so that helps, too.

@dlehenky $0.075 per KW/h? Wow. I'm jealous. You're raking it in then while mining at 2 Gh/s.

Are you converting your mined ETH to fiat or holding?
    @MrYukonC Converting to USD periodically. Gotta pay for all this stuff :) I'm up to 2.7 GH now. Plus, it can go down just as fast as it's been going up. I can't afford to miss the opportunity to cash in at these valuations, even if it ultimately goes higher. I may be more patient after I fill in the hole the equipment purchases created :)
    @dlehenky Understood. I'm holding everything. We'll see how that works out. Granted, you have about 3x-4x as much hardware costs as I do, though. Given that, it makes sense to at least sell some to cover those kinds of costs.
  • ilia7777ilia7777 Member Posts: 113
    Please explain something to me. Why running with proxy on dwarfpool is slower than directly ? Another thing I found strange is following. They recommend first to test with ping from which server you are getting fastest response. Naturally being in Russia I got 4 times faster response from Russian server. However while mining US showed higher hashrate. I still don't understand if you could mine without proxy on dwarfpool statistics took very long time to appear. Can somebody post their actual benchmarks with payouts from different pools. Because without benchmarks this conversation makes little sense.
    The only number given above is 59.4 eth per day with 1.95 Gh/s. That is 0.03 eth per 1 Mh/s. From what I see I'm getting about 0.022 eth per 1 Mh/s on nanopool. Which tells that I need to switch. Why don't we all benchmark all the pools we are using for 48 hours and post here eth per Mh/s number.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    The best way of comparing pools would be to mine with identical rigs at the same time on multiple pools. This method would eliminate difficulty fluctuations.
    edited March 2016
    @dlehenky Mid-atlantic state. Actually most coal-burners were converted to nat gas years ago. The combined soot on the winds from IN, OH, PA just add insult; the nuke piles end up in Yucca mountain, so what do we care. :D
    dr_pra said:

The best way of comparing pools would be to mine with identical rigs at the same time on multiple pools. This method would eliminate difficulty fluctuations.

@dr_pra Difficulty fluctuations do not appear to affect coin production from pools like it does solo mining. Here's my chart over the last five weeks between two pools: dead-straight output while difficulty went from 10T to 18T. Used coinotron except between goalposts it was suprnova, still didn't matter.

• timeheraldtimeherald Member Posts: 6
    ilia7777 said:

The only number given above is 59.4 eth per day with 1.95 Gh/s. That is 0.03 eth per 1 Mh/s. From what I see I'm getting about 0.022 eth per 1 Mh/s on nanopool. Which tells that I need to switch. Why don't we all benchmark all the pools we are using for 48 hours and post here eth per Mh/s number.

How are you achieving that high of a return per MH? I have ~73MH on Dwarfpool and my returns are only ~1.24 ETH/day.

I guess for the sake of analysis, I am using a proxy for dwarfpool, and I am on the EU servers (even though I live in the US), since EU seems to run better.
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75

ilia7777 said:

How are you achieving that high of a return per MH? I have ~73MH on Dwarfpool and my returns are only ~1.24 ETH/day.

I guess for the sake of analysis, I am using a proxy for dwarfpool, and I am on the EU servers (even though I live in the US), since EU seems to run better.
    It's something wrong with that return. Even the most optimistic calculator estimates 46.6Mh/s for 1.95Gh/s
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    ilia7777 said:

Some of us have and already posted results on this forum before. :)

After last week's pool outtage and the fact after it went down, ethminer was still mining into oblivion, wasting electricity, I went back to solo mining. Let's just keep it at that.
  • timeheraldtimeherald Member Posts: 6
    crsminer said:

ilia7777 said:

It's something wrong with that return. Even the most optimistic calculator estimates 46.6Mh/s for 1.95Gh/s
    So with an optimistic calculator, that's about 0.023 per Mh. At my current hash rate, that should be around 1.69 ETH/day. Is it normal to see a .45 ETH difference (1.24ETH/day) from the predicted value, or should I be looking for other pools?

ilia7777 said:

I guess you mention the actual speed while using the proxy. First thing I didn't like about the dwarfpool is like I said above the proxy really slowed down my cards. And Its still no clear to me if I can run it directly. So now we know that payouts of dwarfpool are less than nanopool. Just switch over and post your results here in few days. Your results right now are about 0.16 eth per Mh
    Personally, I prefer ethpool.org. Very straightforward. It's about as close as you can get to solo, with all the advantages of a pool.
    ilia7777 said:

ilia7777 said:

I guess you mention the actual speed while using the proxy. First thing I didn't like about the dwarfpool is like I said above the proxy really slowed down my cards. And Its still no clear to me if I can run it directly. So now we know that payouts of dwarfpool are less than nanopool. Just switch over and post your results here in few days. Your results right now are about 0.16 eth per Mh
    @ilia7777

Neither of those 2 bolded statements are true.

The Dwarfpool proxy should not be "slowing down" your cards. If that is happening, then it's likely some other problem. You should investigate more. Because tons of people are using Dwarfpool and I doubt they would continue to do so if it was truly slower. Most miners are not dumb.

Second statement about Nanopool paying out more than Dwarfpool is absolutely wrong. Tons of people have complained about Nanopool. Again, if that were really true, then Nanopool would have a much higher share of the network than it currently does.
    MrYukonC said:

ilia7777 said:

ilia7777 said:

@ilia7777

The Dwarfpool proxy should not be "slowing down" your cards. If that is happening, then it's likely some other problem. You should investigate more. Because tons of people are using Dwarfpool and I doubt they would continue to do so if it was truly slower. Most miners are not dumb.

Second statement about Nanopool paying out more than Dwarfpool is absolutely wrong. Tons of people have complained about Nanopool. Again, if that were really true, then Nanopool would have a much higher share of the network than it currently does.
    I had a thought that proxy slowing down my hash rate may be due to my network setup. May be I should just use cables instead of wi fi. About payouts this is why I suggested that everybody post their earnings per Mhs. There is no other way to compare is there ?
    ilia7777 said:

MrYukonC said:

ilia7777 said:

ilia7777 said:

@ilia7777

I had a thought that proxy slowing down my hash rate may be due to my network setup. May be I should just use cables instead of wi fi. About payouts this is why I suggested that everybody post their earnings per Mhs. There is no other way to compare is there ?
    @ilia7777

Well, if your wifi connection is flaky or weak, then that could definitely cause problems. You might want to at least test it with a wired connection to see if it improves things.

Yes, I supposed the only real comparison is earnings/Mh. But, that's really hard to determine, because most people only have an approximation of their total Mh/s because the pools only offer delayed/averaged hashrates based on work you've actually completed--versus absolute raw (theoretical) hardware hashrate.
  • GetethGeteth Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

New mining pool Ethereum Now online http://geteth.io

Mine fast and easy Ether

No registration
    1% fees - Prop
    Payout every 24 hours
    minimum payout 0.5 ETH

Good mining.
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50
    There is a new pool in town check it out http://eth.coin-miners.info
  • leotau12leotau12 Member Posts: 42

check out ethereumpool.us

Tried this pool and after 24hrs no payment received. So forget about this pool.
  • scottcalscottcal Member Posts: 3
    I've never tried that pool before. I checked that pool does it has a 1 ether minimum. Perhaps you did not mine the minimum?
    If you like you can try out my pool http://donkeypool.com
    It's currently has 0% fee, no registration and a simple clean interface.
    We pay each day and it's based on your shares of any block hit.

You can also find more pools here.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430861.0

Good Luck!
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy on miningpoolhub right now - great pool run by an active admin. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone deciding on a pool.

Ethermine is also a quality pool with active admin, and for large rigs ethpool adds the game aspect of uncle bonuses.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭

ilia7777 said:

Are you still getting that return? I'm only get .9 eth a day and have 110mh/s on ethminer