ethOS - Linux Ethereum Mining Platform

Comments

• kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @dolleminer here is a farm on ethOS: http://fc4983.ethosdistro.com/

ethOS is running the most optimized ethminer available.

Post edited by kotarius on
  • wege12wege12 USAMember Posts: 64
    I'm officially mining with ethOS but am wondering how I can track payments to my wallet?
  • TEZTOUZTEZTOUZ Member Posts: 14
    @kotarius is there a way to set core voltages?

I tried the vlt command but it doesn't work.

Also any update about SSH downgrading?

Thank you.
    wege12 said:

I'm officially mining with ethOS but am wondering how I can track payments to my wallet?

This is done on your pool. Go to your pool website, copy-paste your wallet.
    TEZTOUZ said:

@kotarius is there a way to set core voltages?

I tried the vlt command but it doesn't work.

Also any update about SSH downgrading?

Thank you.

Core voltages have to match the voltage table of the GPU to set properly. It is an experimental feature. You may consider setting powertune from 20 to 0 to undervolt.
  • TEZTOUZTEZTOUZ Member Posts: 14
    @kotarius powertune doesn't work for most of my cards and i am following the voltage table and its still not working
  • digitulipdigitulip Member Posts: 1
    hey kotarius, may we do solo mining with ethos? if yes how?
  • bt101bt101 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2016
    Someone that has bought EthOS, could they please share an image of it so we can all install it?

Theoretically, this is allowed under the GPL, from what I understand:
    Once the copyright holder does distribute a copy of the program to someone, that someone can then redistribute the program to you, or to anyone else, as he sees fit.
    EDIT:

I managed to find v1.0.4 on another thread in this forums: http://45.62.227.192/files/ethos-1.0.4.iso.xz

Does anyone have 1.0.5?
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    If you actually installed it, then you would know how to upgrade it :)
    Still, it did save me some hassles and buying more windows licences, so it was worth the purchase.
    I know you all want free stuff, but @kotarius made this easy for anyone to install and setup, so i'm considering the purchase as paying for his efforts and time rather than buying the actual package.
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Its only $40 and you get an SSD. I can't even buy a used SSD for that up here.
    ethOS comes bundled with gpuShack mobo packages here: http://gpushack.com/collections/gpushack
  • zedzednovazedzednova Member Posts: 53
    I am running one of the mobo packages that @kotarius sells, and it was a piece of cake to get running once I got past the cobwebs in my brain.
  • muacmuac Member Posts: 26
    did someone rip this fukin shtt yet already?? its mid august now lets go hurry up.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    muac said:

did someone rip this fukin shtt yet already?? its mid august now lets go hurry up.

Just buy the SSD if you want it so bad, $40 for a ssd isn't bad :P. If its not worth the money to you then simply install ubuntu and set up the crone jobs yourself.
    edited June 2016
    muac said:

If you can afford a $1000 rig, you can afford to pay for our developers to work. Here is latest changelog for 1.0.6, due to release soon:

http://ethosdistro.com/changelog/106.php
  • jamiehalejamiehale Markham, ON CanadaMember Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    kotarius said:

nirom said:

I'm curious how you get around the limitations of the GPL license. Aren't you supposed to provided access to the source code of all GPL-licensed components?

There are many misconceptions regarding the GPL. I urge anyone worried about ethOS compliance with GPL to actually read the contents of its license.

Edit, link added for convenience: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
    Hi Kotarius, I received my SSD with ethos on it today (order #7717). Unfortunately there were some hardware issues that haven't allowed me to fire it up yet, but I thought I'd take the time now before things start working to review the code I'll be running.

Can you please explain how I go about getting access to the source?

(Specifically, I'd like to either confirm that no changes have been made to things like ethminer (via md5 or sha1 or whatever), or if they have, where I can find the changes to review.)
    Post edited by jamiehale on
  • buffybuffy Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    We made free Android app for checking gpu's temperatures on ethOS. It based on account API. It's just first beta version, no all info included yet. If you want, try it and tell us, what parameters you also checking and we should add. Thanks

More info: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7956/ethos-monitor-free-android-app
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    buffy said:

We made free Android app for checking gpu's temperatures on ethOS. It based on account API. It's just first beta version, no all info included yet. If you want, try it and tell us, what parameters you also checking and we should add. Thanks

More info: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7956/ethos-monitor-free-android-app

Any plans to make an iOS app for iPhones? I know I would be willing to donate, and I'm sure others would be willing to donate also.
    @thesmokingman You are not first... We'd like make it, it's prepared, but we haven't account there. And price politic of apple is suck :( But if you think you will not be alone with donation, I could buy a account there and we can try it. Unfortunately, it costs about 100$/year. I'm not sure what's happend with apps after this period. Thanks for reply, I will read apple developers program again and will think about it.

Now we are testing notification if temperature is too high or some rig is off.
  • aleix_otoaleix_oto Member Posts: 1
    i dont like pay for os distribution linux.....

same is mining use ubuntu 16.

ethos is capitalist software and not is necessary to mine eth.

you can mine with all plataforms /mac/win/unix/android/ios
    etcetc

please dont pay this software becouse not is necesary
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    @aleix_oto Of course it isn't necessary to pay if you want to spend all the time it takes to set up a linux install yourself, but many of us don't have enough linux knowledge and don't have the time it takes to learn it, when we just want to start mining!
    I paid for EthOS because it was worth it to me for someone else to go to all the effort of making it and all I had to do was flash it to an SSD, change the wallet address and start mining! It's stable and it just works, I just have to watch it from time to time for updates and tweak things to overclock etc if I feel like it -easy. Paying for convenience (and someone else's knowledge and experience) is a huge part of any modern economy.
  • kristofferjonkristofferjon Sagittarius AMember Posts: 77 ✭✭
    @kotarius can you provide a status update on RX 480 support?
    you can mine ethash altcoins... just try it. and you can also install any other linux miner and algorithms
  • tageeboytageeboy Member Posts: 5
    work said:

tageeboy said:

Amazing product, great price, and consier support. Have had several 1 on 1 conversations via email with the dev and he is always happy to answer even my dumb questions. Follows up and never leaves me hanging. With my vendors at work followed this sort of support structure

That 1 post user testimonial LOL... shill much?

@JPS did you write a response to the paypal claim... ? Unfortunately, if they can show you downloaded it, paypal will usually side with the seller. But, pretty fucking bad on GPU-shack/ethOS's part.
    Wow, so a new user to a form makes a positive post and it cant be true. Maybe the product motivated me so much to register just so I could post. My rigs are running great, Just got the v7 update the other day, both rigs took it without a hiccup after a single command line input. I don't spend my days reading forms looking for posts to show people how great I am, I mine and trade. I see you are coming up on your 100 Post!! Congrads, try posting something positive once in a while.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @tageeboy did you seriously just reply to a 4 month old post? Come on dude... Learn to forum... I actually have over 1600 posts at this point, thanks.
  • JPSJPS Member Posts: 63
    On the other hand, what it did do is bring to my attention how 'cleaned up' this thread suddenly is and how negative comments and kotarius' childish response has been removed.

'moderating' like that should not be allowed.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @JPS I wonder why they never gave me moderator... maybe it's because I go off-topic too much lol. On the other hand, I would be actually making sticky threads and clearing out truely off-topic stuff and closing obviously duplicate threads. Since I'm not a mod, I'll just continue replying off-topic instead lol.
  • AggressionsAggressions United StatesMember Posts: 11
    Does this come with predetermined oc values or do you add them to the local.cof file? I apologize if this is the wrong section in advance
    You should add them using the config comments as a guide: http://ethosdistro.com/pool.txt
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    work said:

@JPS I wonder why they never gave me moderator... maybe it's because I go off-topic too much lol. On the other hand, I would be actually making sticky threads and clearing out truely off-topic stuff and closing obviously duplicate threads. Since I'm not a mod, I'll just continue replying off-topic instead lol.

It was offered to you.
    Even added you on Skype. You never replied.