Global Ressource Management

bikurabikura Member Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in Smart Contracts and Dapps
This is not a complete draft and nothing more than a vague, first idea. I’m wondering whether one can somehow create incentives for the commodity market to fully rely on a decentralized system that distributes ressources in a fair way and has an inherent concept of limited commodities such that for example overexploitation effects as described by the ‘tragedy of the commons’ theory are mitigated. This probably can only work in combination with a legislative and voting system.

Comments

• Karl_SchroederKarl_Schroeder Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Voting systems can also be implemented through the block chain, apparently, but there are a lot of other elements to such a system that would have to be done by other means. Luckily, there's been a robust discussion and experimentation on next-generation democracy going back at least to Stafford Beer's Chilean experiment (1971-1973). I'd suggest looking into Aleco Christakis's Structured Dialogic Design (SDD) methodology as a model for a dispute-resolution system that works extremely well with small groups, but has not yet been scaled up by internet technologies.

One reason why this is not such a straightforward system to build is because different people and groups will have different definitions of what a resource is, and what fairness is. They'll disagree about a resource's divisibility, about acceptable boundaries, about categories and number of categories... and these disputes cannot all be dissolved into discussions about money. (Think about native land claims.) In order to redistribute you have to agree about what it is that's being redistributed. There ARE methodologies (such as SDD) that aim at solving this particular problem. I have yet to see them mentioned in any block chain discussions, but for me, it's early days in here.