Hello everybody!

Total noob here. Didn't even know about ethereum until today. It sounds like a great concept. So I joined the forum.

I have an idea for a currency that distributes a dividend to all users. You will have to pay for the dividend with every transaction. I think 1% sounds fair. I wouldn't call it a transaction tax, I'd call it a deposit. This would be an investment in the currency and incentivize adoption and reward stimulation.

I've never used a cryptocurrency before and the technical jargon usually goes over my head. So I hope you don't mind really dumb questions, because I don't know blockchain from a hole in the ground.

Comments

• ethereumnickethereumnick Member Posts: 49
    kirk said:

Total noob here. Didn't even know about ethereum until today. It sounds like a great concept. So I joined the forum.

here are some useful links.
    Ethereum
    https://blog.ethereum.org/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/
    youtube.com/user/EtherCasts/videos
    youtube.com/channel/UCgeNYB_8VtOcM2s66ZNIIyA/videos
    http://ether.fund/
    https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/89704/ethereum
    kirk said:

I've never used a cryptocurrency before and the technical jargon usually goes over my head. So I hope you don't mind really dumb questions, because I don't know blockchain from a hole in the ground.

Block chains and DNA have a lot in common. Every one invest energy in making a copy and spreading it across the system. All those copies get compared with each other and if there is a "bad mutation" it gets dumped out of the set. Nature does this in a very fuzzy "analogue" kind of way but right now Technology (Distributed Databases i.e. A Block Chain) is more lintier.
    also

• kirkkirk so calMember Posts: 4
    tjade273 said:

The idea you have is actually pretty easy on ethereum. If you give me specifics on how you want the dividend to work, I can write a quick guide on how to write the code.

I'm glad to hear this is doable. Before jumping into coding, I'd like to flesh out the mechanics with somebody experienced with crypto.

I'm actually curious about how identity verification can work, to ensure each user only has one account. This whole thing would fall apart if there were people with more accounts than actual users. Fundamentally, I have no idea how this could be accomplished without some sort of centralized database.
    edited November 2015
    etherre.al is working on it.
    Post edited by ethereumnick on

etherre.al is working on it.

Oh cool. But the link you gave me doesn't seem to be working. So I have to ask what is he working on, the dividends system or identity verification?

And thank you for all of that info you dropped on me. Most of it is over my head for now, but at least I have a starting line to learn from.
    Fixed the link. and "he" is working on a participatory human verified ID system. ethere.al has only been registered for a week so don't expect much from it. So far it's just a place holder but I'm hoping it will be more interesting soon.
    edited November 2015

Fixed the link. and "he" is working on a participatory human verified ID system. ethere.al has only been registered for a week so don't expect much from it. So far it's just a place holder but I'm hoping it will be more interesting soon.

Cool. Seems pretty complicated and I'm still not sure how it works after reading it twice. But it's written from the developers end, not the users end, so I should expect that.

But from what I'm interpreting is that two users have to meet up irl and confirm personal facts about one another. Sounds like fun, but an inconvenience. Especially for the folks that don't live near any users. This might necessitate fraud and multiple accounts.

What would you think about a thumb print or facial recognition system? The technology is here, so it's a matter of widespread adoption. In the rare case of disfigurement there could be a trustee system in place where your trustee(s) can sign into your account after a two week waiting period where if you cannot sign in the account authorizes access.