ethpool.org - Predictable solo mining pool

Comments

• zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2016
    dr_pra said:

Thanks for your suggestions, I like your idea regarding uncle reward distribution, will look into that if it can be implemented in an efficient way. The problem with your first suggestion is that when the pool is lucky the difficulty is higher than the top credits. This would cause the credits to go negative and miners would simply switch to a new address and keep the neg. balance on the old one.

Glad you liked my uncle idea. I got another one for the credits. Still subtract the current difficulty but no negative balance will be possible. If its negative then it will be reseted to 0. That way the negative pool luck will be strongly reduced and it will need much more less time to get the averages especially the smaller miners. At least think about it and if you can run simulation. I know it looks like that the good luck of the pool will be reduced but actually the only result is that everybody will get to the network averages way faster.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Another solution would be, when credits would become negative we reset them to 0 and add the difference to the credits of all other miners.

As we learn from today's incident we are upgrading our emergency failover system to be more resilient in case of any server related issues. After that we will test the new reward distribution scheme.
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Crap. Hit an uncle with only 3.1ETH during the night. UGH.

Guess they are being paid. LOL
    edited March 2016
    dr_pra said:

Another solution would be, when credits would become negative we reset them to 0 and add the difference to the credits of all other miners.

As we learn from today's incident we are upgrading our emergency failover system to be more resilient in case of any server related issues. After that we will test the new reward distribution scheme.

I think this way the slow miners would be favored.. Also if i have a balance and leave the pool i some time will mine a block without a miner because i will constantly gaining a small amount of credits.. Not sure its ok but you can simulate and see which is better
    Post edited by zorvalth on
  • ScololScolol Member Posts: 62
    what command do I use to mine with multiple gpu with qtminer ?

thanks
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @Scolol Add '-t N', where N=the number of GPUs, to the end of the qtminer command.
    @dr_pra, when are you planning to fix the email notification?
    edited March 2016
    Postmortem of yesterdays outage
    Yesterday our main & backup mining server went down for around 2.5 hours. The root cause of this problem were electrical problems in the datacenter of our hosting provider. Unfortunately those problems affected both the main and backup server and caused them to be inaccessible from the internet. In order to mitigate such problems in the future we have moved out backup server to another datacenter on another continent. Also we have upgraded our backup system to use live database mirroring so that we are quickly able to switch to the new server in case of any issues with our main server. This means your shares are even saver as they are replicated online to two servers. As a positive side effect we have used the downtime to deploy some security updates which anyway required a server restart.

Today we have added the following new features
    • We have added another server located in Asia (Singapore), it is accessible via asia.ethpool.org.
    • Instead of the number of invalid shares we now show an invalid share ratio and highlight all workers with an invalid share ratio above 5% (orange) and 10% (red).
    • Email notifications for inactive workers are now working again. You will receive a mail if your worker did not send a valid share for 30 minutes.
    • In the blocks overview of your account page we now show if you retrieved your reward for a block or an uncle
    Hi,

getting an error while trying to view the stats..
    It's working again..
  • ShirouShirou Member Posts: 39
    How long are 0% fee's gonna last?
    Till tomorrow at least.
  • ShirouShirou Member Posts: 39
    dr_pra said:

Till tomorrow at least.

Thanks
    @dr_pra, thanks for the notifications! The shares statistic is good but when do you reset it? Isnt it better to be for some period like last hour/12 hours or day.... So you will know that you have increased invalids for the current period...
    it is for the moment reset as soon as the worker connects to the pool. we will change it later to an per hour statistic.
    My stats just reseted without disconnecting/connecting the workers...
    @zorvalth please create a support ticket for such issues, otherwise we will not be able to help you efficiently. This thread is for general discussion and not for individual support issues.
  • Bensam123Bensam123 Member Posts: 62
    Please add a history for past payments and actual payouts. Maybe a column next to the predicted output, have actual rates.
    Right on the bottom on your personal page there are tab "blocks" you can see your payments there.
    edited March 2016
    @Bensam123 we have added the payout amount to the blocks list.

Attention:
    We have changed the way uncles are paid out. They are now rewarded similar to normal blocks but do not lower your credits. So instead of treating an uncle as a penalty (as the miner gets a lower reward compared to a full block) we treat the uncles as an additional income for a given miner. This also eliminates the possibility that a small miner mines for a week on the pool and then only receives an uncle as an reward.
  • EtheonEtheon Member Posts: 5
    Really great decision for uncles, especially for small miners ! Thank you :)
    yee, i feel i contributed to the pool with that idea:)
  • IkeagoIkeago Member Posts: 130
    can I get some command line examples from anyone running R9 290s on QT miner on eth pool?

I have 11 running but I don't think that they are doing what they should I am just getting about 22 mhash per card.
    QTMINER is a lot slower than ethminer with proper config.
    What do you mean with a lot slower? They both use exactly the same opencl kernel so I doubt there is any big difference.

QTMINER is a lot slower than ethminer with proper config.

its not, you can add your global and local work to qtminer too and its exactly the same.
  • CryptuxCryptux Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    can you please add a UK server ? eu1.ethpool.org latency is so high for UK users.
    @dr_pra Thank you for all the recent enhancements and improvements! ethpool.org ROCKS!
    @dr_pra Would it be possible to implement a pool difficulty preference? Low, medium, high, for instance. I, for one, am not concerned about short-term variance in my reported hash rate, but very "easy" difficulties waste GPU resources, and I'm getting a sense that I get a higher rate of GPU errors when the difficulty is really low, as opposed to medium or high. Also, all my rigs are exactly the same, but the difficulty given by the pool often varies from one rig to the next. Why? Are you adjusting it based on the short-term block mining rate of each rig?

-Best Care
    David
    @dlehenky vardiff should take care of that. It adjusts the difficulty of each worker according to the number of submitted share. It targets to have all workers submit 5-10 shares in 5 minutes.

@Cryptux sorry but it is not possible to add a separate server in each country. I have 23ms ping to the server and my distance to the server is similar to yours, so I doubt your high latency is caused by the servers location.