ethpool.org - Predictable solo mining pool

Comments

• dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    again can you please provide more detailed information without an account address & info on which server you are mining on we are unable to do any investigations. You can also create a ticket via our support portal.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    @dr_pra Support ticket created.
  • miner0912miner0912 Member Posts: 34
    http://ethpool.org/miners/cC079e84388FF75382163E3EF50248937Ce75500#workers

rig1 seems to be fine, but for rig2 and 3 reported and effective hashrates have been very different and I also get often 'waiting for package' as a status :(
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering the increased diff lately, ethpool has been running great!
  • citronickcitronick Member Posts: 110
    this is a dumb question but when mining, will DAG automatically update to latest - i have heard of people mining on the wrong DAG and don't get any credits. My understanding is that as long as shares are accepted miner confirms getting the reward
    dlehenky said:

Wow! Two miners just joined ethpool and added 30+ GH/s !!!!!! The pool is over 250 GH now!
    Edit: now the two are over 34 GH! Who are these guys??

with that many hash power -- would it make sense for them to solo mine instead?
    citronick said:

this is a dumb question but when mining, will DAG automatically update to latest - i have heard of people mining on the wrong DAG and don't get any credits. My understanding is that as long as shares are accepted miner confirms getting the reward

Unless you have "--no-precompute" set in ethminer, the DAG will update automatically. If you're mining with the wrong DAG, all your results/submits will be rejected, since they are all incorrect results. :)
    dlehenky said:

citronick said:

Unless you have "--no-precompute" set in ethminer, the DAG will update automatically. If you're mining with the wrong DAG, all your results/submits will be rejected, since they are all incorrect results. :)
    ok, in that case, I should include that "--no-precompute" in my batch file... so far, i didn't see any rejects. I am using that good ole Claymore Dual Miner. I will ask him if his code take this no-precompute into consideration.
    @citronick NO NO NO, you do not want to use "--no-precompute", unless you are running more than one "ethminer" on the same rig. Read what I said. *If* you use "--no-precompute" the DAG will *not* automatically be updated for the next epoch (new DAG switch), and that's *not* a good thing.
    got it - yes, i reread you statement again. Understood.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @citronick if you're using claymore's latest (v4 or v4.1), it never precomputes dags (and doesn't store them on disk). Coolest thing about v4 is that it generates the DAG file on the GPU everytime you start mining, and only passes the dag cache to the GPU; makes startup a lot faster.
    Yes, Claymore explained to me how it works. I am covered. v4.1 is stable on my rigs.
    @trevg0924 I'm not trying to discourage you, but in case you haven't done the math, *if* the current difficulty and ETH value were to stay where it is today, it would take you 7 months to earn what you paid for the rig. Just sayin'.
    edited May 2016
    What's with the <10 post shills recently?

Check-out @trevg0924 and @chrishaag history. Obvious obvious spam. The trevg account was so lazy, just posted the same thing 6 times.
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    dlehenky said:

@trevg0924 I'm not trying to discourage you, but in case you haven't done the math, *if* the current difficulty and ETH value were to stay where it is today, it would take you 7 months to earn what you paid for the rig. Just sayin'.

Just spammers spamming.
    work said:

What's with the <10 post shills recently?

Check-out @trevg0924 and @chrishaag history. Obvious obvious spam. The trevg account was so lazy, just posted the same thing 6 times.</p>

See, that's Mod material :) I never even thought to look at the poster's history, etc. Of course, it seemed promotional, but I thought he might just be passing on what he felt was a good deal.
  • davidvejsadadavidvejsada Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    dr_pra said:

again can you please provide more detailed information without an account address & info on which server you are mining on we are unable to do any investigations. You can also create a ticket via our support portal.

I do not know if it isnt a coincidence, but we have been having these issues the day we moved our mining to Claymores Dual Miner. Any separate hashrate display are "frozen". They do not change, altho the mining and sending shares obviously works very well. The total effective hashrate is correct, but the separate miner reports do not report correctly and appear frozen for two days now. The isssue is checked on 4 computers and various browsers and it really appears to be server-sided.
    EDIT: eu1.ethpool.org
    Most likely this is an issue related to claymores miner. We will look into that.
    @davidvejsada @dr_pra I observed this when the workername is specified with the -eworker switch instead of at the end of the username/eth address. Pool doesn't seem to handle specifying worker that way very well.
    is asia1.ethpool.org down?
    It is DDOS'd again. US and EU servers are up and working.
    Issue with the asia server has been resolved.
  • davidvejsadadavidvejsada Member Posts: 2
    @work @dr_pra Problem is solved by setting this parameter in Claymores Miner:
    -esm 1
    Ethereum Stratum mode. 0 - eth-proxy mode (for example, dwarpool.com), 1 - qtminer mode (for example, ethpool.org), 2 - miner-proxy mode (for example, coinotron.com). 0 is default.

Default is 0, which is for dwarfpool eth proxy and needs to be set to 1 (qtminer mode).

@work @dr_pra Problem is solved by setting this parameter in Claymores Miner:
    -esm 1
    Ethereum Stratum mode. 0 - eth-proxy mode (for example, dwarpool.com), 1 - qtminer mode (for example, ethpool.org), 2 - miner-proxy mode (for example, coinotron.com). 0 is default.

Default is 0, which is for dwarfpool eth proxy and needs to be set to 1 (qtminer mode).

-esm 1 is good for ethpool, all my rigs are working and reporting correctly on ethpool dashboard
    dr_pra said:

Issue with the asia server has been resolved.

I am using Claymore's miner and my failover triggered to us1 node. My 2nd and 3rd failovers are us2 and eu1 :p
  • marcobahnmarcobahn Member Posts: 3
    hey there! just testing my old dual sli rig and it seems to work so far:

worker1 45.8 MH/s 37.4 MH/s 0 / 0 / 0.0%.

it is running since a while and the log shows e.g.

ℹ 17:48:04.141|ethminer Solution found; Submitting to http://us1.ethpool.org/miner/0x4837Cb78EBa03CFAa0CD71d7B3C4bF37d3929E46.worker1/10 ...
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Nonce: e8ed61cbcc6c6c0c
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Mixhash: ebe659b03e48455b18fdd89122335eeeb04560dd1f87d73e4948a80ba0c320f5
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Header-hash: 75986490332ef1db282517e9ffa5f07b517596c8eb72bf4d24e70116ebfb200c
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Seedhash: abad8f99f3918bf903c6a909d9bbc0fdfa5a2f4b9cb1196175ec825c6610126c
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Target: 00000000dbe6fecebdedd5beb573440e5a884d1b2fbf06fcce912adcb8d8422e
    ℹ 17:48:04.142|ethminer Ethash: 000000005405bdf385c98ef82e3ad231ed5e2a76de5528c9e02d01ca607b117b
    ℹ 17:48:04.294|ethminer B-) Submitted and accepted.

question is: how can i see any result, or more specific: in my account? possibly it did not mine enough yet?
    @marcobahm according to your stats page on ethpool, you have Credits: 1.330t. You need to reach ~38T credits to earn a payout on ethpool
  • marcobahnmarcobahn Member Posts: 3
    thx, good to know! only ~30 days to go :D
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    trying ethpool also since two days. I can read "Approximate time to next block: 5 days" - two days ago, yesterday and today. Effective hashrate has dropped noticeable since DAG change yesterday. 80 MHs @ Claymore's, ~60-65 MHs at pool (until yesterday ~70-75 MHs). Somehow quite demotivating there.

I don´t understand this one -> "and his credits will be reset to his current credits minus the credits of the runner up miner." What does this mean? If the "runner up miner" has 2000 credits more than me, I restart with negative credits then (it´s allready hard enough to start with 0 there...) ? Thanxx for a little info.