ethpool.org - Predictable solo mining pool

Comments

• CybullCybull Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2016
    I've spent about a day or two mining on ethpool.org and I don't really like their payout system. I have about 2.5t of credits and want to switch to ethermine.org. When will I receive the ether equivalent of those 2.5t credits if I stop mining? From what i understand of the payout system you have to first accumulate about 24t credits then you will be payed out.

Btw the only reason I want to switch is because I'm to impatient to wait to receive my miner ether, am I making a mistake and it is more profitable for me to mine at ethpool.org rather than ethermine.org?
    http://ethpool.org/miners/aa05dcc4536d5c08b88394d1bf87e2e684178aca (miner for reference)

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @Cybull you won't receive anything ever, unless you mine until you have the most credits in the pool.

At that hashrate, it will take you probably 2 weeks+ to get a payout. By that time, who knows what will happen with difficulty or Eth price. I'd definitely mine elsewhere.
  • luthorluthor Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Nice i hit an uncle!
  • steveolinosteveolino Member Posts: 25
    Which hashrate do you have ?
  • luthorluthor Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

Which hashrate do you have ?

60Mhs
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I've been mining on ethpool for over 2 weeks now with >700MH and I have never got an uncle. Wtf? I want an uncle!!! :(
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @hasher ouch! That game aspect tho. I have had roughly 600% uncle luck over my time at ethpool.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    hasher said:

I've been mining on ethpool for over 2 weeks now with >700MH and I have never got an uncle. Wtf? I want an uncle!!! :(

@hasher @work I've had 1 or 2 uncles over the past 30 days at ethpool, but they were fairly early in that time period and the past 2 weeks have been DRY! It sucks, because I love the bonus!
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @hasher @work I've gotten 2 skinny ones and a fat one in one day a couple weeks ago. Lately, not so much - 1 every 2 or 3 days.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @MrYukonC @hasher @work @dlehenky
    With only 80 (at some point) and ~220-230 now and in the last two weeks i got 2blocks and 2 uncles running solo, then 4 blocks and two uncles on ethpool by 10-14 days ago.
    Since then-only blocks, so I moved part to ethermine as it is kind of disappointing (not really, though :) ) to get just a 4.95-4.97 eth block. Uncles were such a boost!
    Well, I've been mining on ethpool for 45 days now and just hit 500 blocks! Plus bonus uncles, too. Thanks @dr_pra for a great pool!
    ....and i've still haven't received any uncles... or have I? Sometimes i get paid 5.1x ETH

also just noticed that as I receive each payment, its taking 20 minutes longer than the previous block. Difficulty is rising fast. This is scary.. I usually get paid every 10 hours, but If it continues at this rate, i'll be getting paid every 12 hours in less 10 days time (given that I'm still hashing at the same rate and don't add more rigs to my farm) :(
    hasher said:

....and i've still haven't received any uncles... or have I? Sometimes i get paid 5.1x ETH

also just noticed that as I receive each payment, its taking 20 minutes longer than the previous block. Difficulty is rising fast. This is scary.. I usually get paid every 10 hours, but If it continues at this rate, i'll be getting paid every 12 hours in less 10 days time (given that I'm still hashing at the same rate and don't add more rigs to my farm) :(

@hasher Yeah, I'm almost certain that it's becoming unprofitable for some (if not many) people at this point -- yet they keep piling in. Wait until the those people receive their first electricity bill. LOL

With the the price drop over the past 2 weeks and especially the past few days, I predict a lot of crapped in pants come bill time.

And if the price lingers around here for a while and/or goes even lower, then people will quickly figure out that they are now just losing money outright, which should start turning into a self-correcting thing in terms of the difficulty / network hashrate.
    @G416G Ran fine here all night.
  • cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
    I see some people saying that ethermine is better than ethpool for smaller miners because there is some sort of advantage for high hashrate at ethpool with their block pay system. It seems to me that the only difference is the pay scheme? How would this present any advantage?

Also, at ethermine I notice that some folks have their minimum payout set to 5-10 eth. Is there any advantage that the higher threshold might grant to any miner?

Thanks
  • cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
    @G416G Thanks man! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. =)
    @dr_pra What ever happened to vardiff? I know when I started on the pool, and for a while afterwards, you were providing vardiff, but for the last several weeks, the diff is always the same. Just wondering what caused the change.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Vardiff is not compatible with eth-proxy and causes additional invalid shares.
    dr_pra said:

Vardiff is not compatible with eth-proxy and causes additional invalid shares.

@dr_pra Qtminer still uses vardiff, right?
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    cpluscote said:

Also, at ethermine I notice that some folks have their minimum payout set to 5-10 eth. Is there any advantage that the higher threshold might grant to any miner?

Also lowers relative TX fees.

• bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all the folks who are midway in the block ;) hopefully you can mine it before eth goes down to 0
    edited April 2016
    Wow! Two miners just joined ethpool and added 30+ GH/s !!!!!! The pool is over 250 GH now!
    Edit: now the two are over 34 GH! Who are these guys??
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    And why do they need to pool at all?
    @o0ragman0o He's alive! :) Thought you were gone forever. Well, one of the big fellas stayed, so far, while two others seem to have gone as quickly as they arrived???
    Would be nice to have 30GH.. i'm barely over 1.5GH :s
    edited April 2016
    Wow! I've gotten a fat mama block (8.9 ETH), a 3.125 ETH uncle, and a 3.75 ETH uncle so far today. That's a 10.9 ETH bonus on top of my normal block rewards! Gotta love ethpool :)
    Update: I received another 3.75 ETH with my last block of the day!
    Post edited by dlehenky on
    @dr_pra

Has the pool been having issues with reported hashrate over the past couple of days?

Yesterday I noticed my hashrate fell by almost 50% for a while. I checked all rigs and they were running just fine -- none had crashed or anything like that.

I checked the pool stats and noticed that the pool's hashrate graph has wild swings. I don't know if that is typical or not, as I rarely check it.

Then again today, I experienced another significant hashrate drop -- not as much of a decline and for not as long, but still.

Just seems like something has changed in the past week or so.
  • miner0912miner0912 Member Posts: 34
    MrYukonC said:

@dr_pra

Has the pool been having issues with reported hashrate over the past couple of days?

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6596/reported-hashrate-vs-effective-hashrate-big-difference#latest

Same here :( So it's a server-related problem?
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    from our side everything is looking fine, can you please give more details on these issues you are experiencing?
  • miner0912miner0912 Member Posts: 34
    the hashrate is nowhere near constant. i should have 45,45 and 60 mhs with my rigs but only yone has an average hashrate that comes close to this, the other two have 30-50% too little mhs. it used to be working fine but during the last 14 days it kept getting worse :(
    probs are. the same with ethminer and qtminer