ethpool.org - Predictable solo mining pool

Comments

• happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    Yeah it will give you a plain error message and not mine. SAme if your local geth 'server' goes down.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Well it will show the same behaviour when pool mining as the miner is essentially the same. But when you get the "GPU produced incorrect result" error during solo mining you have already lost a full block reward as you mine on shares equal to the difficulty of the block.

@Eastwind I don't understand your question. Transaction fees for paying out the rewards are paid by the pool.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    dlehenky said:

@dr_pra : If you are solo mining and have a bad DAG, or whatever other kind of anomaly you can think of, and produce bad results, you will get a "FAILURE GPU produced ... blahblahblah" log message. Of course, you have to know enough to look for them, but it isn't "quite difficult to detect", in my experience.

-Best Care
    David

99%+ of the time, that error message is caused by new work arriving while the GPU in question is still working on the previous block and just so happens to submit the result, which is now stale/incorrect as far as the new block is concerned.
  • EastwindEastwind Member Posts: 107
    When I have too many 2.5 Eth (half of 5.0 or 4.95) in my wallet, If I want to send out these 2.
    @Eastwind ethereum works differently compared to bitcoin as it is not based on UTXOs but on accounts. So your two 2.5 Ether portions will add up to 5 Ether and you can simply sent this amount out. Combining the two 2.5 Ether portions to 5 Ether does not increase the cost of the transaction.
    We have added support for dwarfpools stratum proxy "eth-proxy".

It is our recommended solution for miners using CUDAminer for NVIDIA cards to connect to the pool. For miners using AMD cards we still recommend to use our QtMiner as it is still the only mining solution that does not rely on polling to retrieve new work packages.
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75
    @dr_pra

Thank you for this update! Hope it raises my accepted hash :)

I am trying to use the proxy with my nvidia rig, everything seems to work but on site I do not see my rig displayed under my worker name but instead under "default". I have put my worker id after "/" in ethminer command like this: ./ethminer --farm-recheck 200 -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/rig1 -U

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are working on it and it should be fixed soon.
    @crsminer The issue with eth-proxy and worker detection should have been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing the problem.
  • verjicverjic Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2016
    Hello Friends,

I need help in starting mining. I downloaded qtminer from ethpool.org, unziped and write the comand line in cmd.exe, but it does not execute. It says that qtminer.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

And what is ?

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Thank's
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75
    @dr_pra

No issues, the workers are detected correctly, thank you.

One thing though is that my Average Hashrate dropped since putting two rigs on the proxy.
    If needed I can send you my details on PM, maybe you can check.

Thank you! :)
    @crsminer @verjic

can you please create a ticket on our support portal: https://ethpool.freshdesk.com/
    @dr_pra
    I managed it in the end and it start to work. My problem was that I writed the wrong address.

But now I have another question. Can I specify somehow that the DAG file to be created on another disk than C:? for example F:. C: disk is my ssd and I need that space free.

Also my Hashrate si small, about 5.5 MH/s with GTX 960 2GB. Is that normal or there are someway to improve?

And even if it says that mining is done on Graphic Card, when I start mining it is impossible to use my computer! Everything moves in delay and processor is used together with Graphic Card. Is that normal?

Thank you
    I am not to familiar with the mining settings. With you NVIDIA card you should use genoils cudaminer for an optimal mining performance. In regards to the DAG files best way would be to check if there are any appropriate commandline settings that allow you to specify the location of the files.
  • GenoilGenoil 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    @verjic my miner also has support for custom DAG directory. On Windows you should use Win7 for better hash rate.
    Hello guys,

Thank's for the advise, I will try your suggestions and comeback with feedback.
    edited February 2016
    In order to celebrate the 6 month anniversary of ethpool.org we have reduced the pool fee to 0%.

We would like to thank all miners for your trust in the pool and your valuable feedback which helped us tremendously to improve the functionality and performance of the system.
    Post edited by dr_pra on
  • LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    Pool appears to be malfunctioning, attempting to connect/reconnect a miner using stratum qtminer results in an endless loop of

Pinging server....
    Waiting for work package...

Already connected rigs continue to receive work and mine successfully, but fresh connections fail.
    Was able to reproduce the issue on a second functional rig just by restarting qtminer
    edited February 2016
    I was able to connect to the pool just fine. Please make sure that your firewall, if any, is setup correctly (it could be the case that the firewall is blocking new connections to the pool but not already established ones).

Another reason could be the DDOS protection of the pool, but this should resolve itself after some time.
  • salex8216salex8216 Member Posts: 17
    2 dr_pra
    does qtminer include stratum proxy?
    Yes, qtminer ensures that you are connected to the pool via a stratum connection. Additionally you will receive vardiff shares which ensure that your miners are utilzed in an optimal way.
  • salex8216salex8216 Member Posts: 17
    I don't have to use param Hashrate "/G"?
    @salex8216 you can but it is not necessary to specify the hashrate

Our 0% fee promotion has ended. Furthermore we have added support for the new stratum enabled CUDAminer from @Genoil. Please note that the stratum enabled version is still in beta and may contain some issue.

You can get the new version from GitHub. To mine on the pool simply start it using the following arguments:

ethminer.exe -S ethpool.org:3333 -O "address"."worker"
    Hello,

With this line: ethminer.exe -S ethpool.org:3333 -O "address"."worker" it start minning on CPU at 0.35 MH/s?

What is correct line to mine on GPU with Cuda?
    I managed it, now it works fine. What means in the line -S and -O?
    -S is the pool server and -O is for the login details. In the future please create a ticket in our support portal for such issues.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @dr_pra Is the "qt" version only GUI? I'm using sth-proxy now; all my miners are headless.

-Best Care
    David

P.S. I *really* recommend this pool! Absolutely SUPER!
    No, it is a console application without a GUI. No problem to run it on a headless server.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @dr_pra Thanks! The 'qt' had me wondering :) I'm actually running it on one of my rigs now. My only comment, other than *really nice*, is the output is way overkill, especially in light of your *great* stats on the Web site. I stopped it and tried giving it '-v 1', hoping it would tone done the output, but it didn't - just lost some mining time. Btw, why does it regenerate the DAG every time it starts? That's a real pain! I only stopped it for perhaps 2 minutes.

In any case, great job! I was solo mining before coming to your pool (~2 GH/s) and was still suffering a bit from the difficult increases. On ethpool.org, though, I'm getting *exactly* the blocks I should be getting for the current difficulty and my hash rate, like clockwork! I love it!! Thank you! I just wish a lot more folks would come off of dwarfpool and use ethpool - much, much more visibility and transparency, and qtminer (except the couple of nits I mentioned) is excellent! Bravo!

-Best Care
    David
    @dlehenky Thanks for your feedback!

It looks odd to me, that qtMiner regenerates the DAG file on each new start. You could try using the --no-precompute flag but take care that you have an updated DAG before each epoc change. As an alternative feel free to use Genoils beta CUDA miner. It has an integrated stratum support and also works for AMD based cards.