Ethereum mining proxy

cryptorushcryptorush Member Posts: 96
Well, previously posted in mining section. I think it's worth posting here too.

Solo mining proxy https://github.com/sammy007/ether-proxy

Now it's easy to control your rigs if you are solo mining ETH using web frontend. Track hashrate, rejects, etc. Also, there is daemon failover option indeed. Windows binaries available in releases section.

Comments

• tolazytolazy Member Posts: 6
    is there any guides where you can see how to set up a node to point your riggs at with stratum ?
    was thinking of setting a server up at digitalocean and mine to that
  • cryptorushcryptorush Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2016
    1. This is not stratum proxy
    2. Buy DO droplet (10 USD plan is ok, just use fast sync first time), install ubuntu 14.04 LTS, follow ethereum guide how to set up geth
    3. Run proxy on your side and configure it to talk with your geth instance on DO droplet.
    4. Configure your ethminers to talk to ether-proxy mining endpoint
  • DRGDRG Member Posts: 31
    I've been using this for the past few days and I like it a lot.

Currently I'm running it together with GETH and the mining software(Ethereum 0.9.41) on the same Windows machine and have 4 other machines pointed to it. Do you believe a Raspberry Pi 2 can handle the task for running ether-proxy and GETH? I'm looking for maximum redundancy. Should I run GETH on multiple miners and have them as backup GETH servers?

Also, any tips on how I can make it notify me(via email for example) if a miner timed out?
  • cryptorushcryptorush Member Posts: 96
    Write external script which will analyze /stats api endpoint and email your or use external monitoring services like serverdensity to check /stats.
  • citronickcitronick Member Posts: 110
    something strange happened, setup the proxy - seems working then left it overnight to mine, found a block but it doesn't show up in geth wallet! Thinking that this could be a corrupted blockchain, so i deleted it and rebuild it using geth fast command, 30 minutes later - started proxy solo mining and left it over night, this morning one of the rigs found a block.... but still nothing in geth wallet! Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

I have 4 rigs, 1st rig will mine and also act as proxy server, and host the geth.
    The other 3 rigs, runs ethminer and points to proxy server. No geth running at client side.
    The proxy web stats shows all rigs mining and submitting shares.
  • taylor_luktaylor_luk Member Posts: 16
    @crytorush been a fan of your proxy which has been running on my aws node for months. I know I have asked about Stratum before, now it appears alternative miners that only support Stratum protocol with better hashrate.

Do you have any plan in this area?