Ethereum solo mining proxy - track rigs, hashrate

Comments

• oslakoslak Member Posts: 191
    took it down. Je suis désolé.
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    So this one doesn't work anymore? How come?
  • trickovictrickovic Member Posts: 1
    when I issued command
    go get github.com/ethereum/ethash

I got this error

Aborting
    package github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/trie: exit status 1

OS Ubuntu 14
  • suryawonosuryawono Member Posts: 63
    What is 'fails' mean on upstream?
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    it works for me love it so far although the failover does not work
    I got it working again a few days ago. Error on my new firewall part (Sonicwall's are a PITAS to setup properly).

Failover works also. While the primary geth instance is restarting every 30 minutes, the backup geth instance took over right away on another PC.
    @happytreefriends can you post your JSON file ? with the working failover ? I need to re-organize my mining space this weekend and it would be cool if I could have the failover going so I can move my geth machine to a different area.

I'm still baffled by the issues people have with Geth Desyncing , never experienced that ever I have a normal Comcast connection with 128 max peers.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Marvell9 said:

@happytreefriends can you post your JSON file ? with the working failover ? I need to re-organize my mining space this weekend and it would be cool if I could have the failover going so I can move my geth machine to a different area.

I'm still baffled by the issues people have with Geth Desyncing , never experienced that ever I have a normal Comcast connection with 128 max peers.

@Marvell9 How many actual peers do you have, though?

I've found that no matter what I specify for max peers, it never goes about 12 or so. :| WTH?
    I need to check via geth I guess I just set the max peers flag to 128 on geth
  • cryptorushcryptorush Member Posts: 96
    Fails = number of failed RPC requests (getwork, getblockbynumber, submitwork) to daemon.
    @cryptorush does it have bad effect for my proxy? I don't always fail, maybe over 12 hours i got 30-40 fails
    My .JSON file is :
    { "threads": 2, "proxy": { "listen": "192.168.1.205:8546", "clientTimeout": "5m", "blockRefreshInterval": "200ms", "hashrateWindow": "15m", "submitHashrate": false, "luckWindow": "24h", "largeLuckWindow": "72h" }, "frontend": { "listen": "192.168.1.205:8080", "login": "admin", "password": "<password>" }, "upstreamCheckInterval": "5s", "upstream": [ { "name": "SOLO-Mine 1", "url": "http://127.0.0.1:8545", "timeout": "10s" }, { "name": "backup-geth", "url": "http://192.168.1.250:8545", "timeout": "10s" } ], "newrelicEnabled": false, "newrelicName": "MyEtherProxy", "newrelicKey": "SECRET_KEY", "newrelicVerbose": false }
    WHat does the max peers command do? Limit how many rigs can connect to the proxy?
    @suryawono I don't think it's best you can do. Check your setup. Maybe your geth node is on VPS and your ISP performing scheduled disconnects.

@happytreefriends max peers geth option = with how many peers your geth node can connect. 50 is default, I am using 96.
    Does a higher number help anything?
    @cryptorush yes, actually it is on VPS, but i switch back to pool mining, no luck at solo mining
  • IkeagoIkeago Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2016
    I have some questions and I am a big noob here. Just a little bit of back ground I have been mining on pools for a while now but I want to connect 4 rigs together and min from geth I have been using eth miner so this is new to me.

1. download geth and sync (got this)
    2. grab ether-proxy (I am assuming put it inside the geth folder?
    3. figure out my rigs IP address I want to mine off and the IP address of that rig. I will call this rig miner1
    4. take these settings and replace the IP address of miner1
    5. Then can I take my normal command line and put it in geth so it would look something like this.

Geth.exe -G -F {miner1 IP address}/0xd0e9c10c3a976cff4be347ad01e011ac1e4fe862/rig4

also do I need to sync the block chain on ever rig I run geth on?
    suryawono said:

@cryptorush yes, actually it is on VPS, but i switch back to pool mining, no luck at solo mining

My 400MH solo mining setup just hit 7 blocks the past 24hours.. It's all about luck.
    My pool setup only the expected 2. (Bit less actually).

suryawono said:

My 400MH solo mining setup just hit 7 blocks the past 24hours.. It's all about luck.
    My pool setup only the expected 2. (Bit less actually).
    yeah ive had very bad luck last few days my 1000 mhs setup only found 3 blocks each of the last 2 days

My .JSON file is :
    { "threads": 2, "proxy": { "listen": "192.168.1.205:8546", "clientTimeout": "5m", "blockRefreshInterval": "200ms", "hashrateWindow": "15m", "submitHashrate": false, "luckWindow": "24h", "largeLuckWindow": "72h" }, "frontend": { "listen": "192.168.1.205:8080", "login": "admin", "password": "<password>" }, "upstreamCheckInterval": "5s", "upstream": [ { "name": "SOLO-Mine 1", "url": "http://127.0.0.1:8545", "timeout": "10s" }, { "name": "backup-geth", "url": "http://192.168.1.250:8545", "timeout": "10s" } ], "newrelicEnabled": false, "newrelicName": "MyEtherProxy", "newrelicKey": "SECRET_KEY", "newrelicVerbose": false }

@happytreefriends
    thanks for posting that , only thing i see different is you have a lower block refresh interval than mine and upstreatream check is half mine as well
    I didn't change the UpstreamCheckInterval time as I wasn't sure what that did, but have changed the difficulty in ethminer command-line to 100MH on every rig and since then they are hitting blocks like mad.

I just checked the stats page :

Block height: 1140826 Difficulty: 19,681,511,070,905 Next Epoch: in 138 hours Mode: SOLO

Blocks 24h: 6 Shares/Diff 24h: 34.19% Blocks 72h: 7 Shares/Diff 72h: 42.28%

It found 2 more since this morning again.
    edited March 2016
    UpstreamCheckInterval = interval to poll geth and check if it's alive.
    edited March 2016
    I though it was, but didn't want to mess with it. Might as well change it to a higher #.

On another note. Since updating to geth 1.3.5 I have found 0 blocks. :s
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

On another note. Since updating to geth 1.3.5 I have found 0 blocks. :s

@happytreefriends

lol Now it's payback for mining 7 blocks in 24 hours. Such are the joys of solo mining.

Yup.

Back in October one day I mined 18 blocks with my 400mhs at the time lol
  • meatologistmeatologist Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2016
    I think I've configured everything correctly, yet I am not seeing any of my miners in the list?

Do they only show up once they have either rejected or accepted a share?

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Forget it - just seemed that I needed to be patient....
  • peoplespeoples Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    First @cryptorush thanks for sharing your workd.
    Can someone explain me the <diff> value in the url ? Thanks

Edit: Also i get lots of this "error" from ether-proxy
    Unsolicited response received on idle HTTP channel starting with "t"; err=<nil>
    @peoples are you running geth 1.4? If yes, run stable 1.3.5, 1.4 has broken RPC server.
  • peoplespeoples Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

@peoples are you running geth 1.4? If yes, run stable 1.3.5, 1.4 has broken RPC server.

Thanks.. Runs fine with 1.3.5 .
    Maybe you can explain me the diff value ?
    Thanks regards