[Pool] --- Coinotron --- ETHEREUM pool launched !!!

coinotroncoinotron Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Pool Discussion
Good news everyone :)

We have launched Ethereum pool: coinotron.com
Port = 3342
More info you can find on our Help page: https://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=help

Currently only PPLNS 2% mode is available.
We are gathering data which will help us to asses possibility of introducing PPS mode.

Comments

• coinotroncoinotron Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    We are glad to inform you that our ETH pool found over 400 blocks.

Ethereum PPLNS rates are lowered to 0%
    ( until Sep 10, 2015 )

FYI

Ethereum promotion has ended.

Ethereum PPLNS = 1%
    edited October 2015
    FYI

Today we added RBPPS 4% mode.

Round-Based Pay Per Share. Like PPS, but payouts are delayed till a block is found and confirmed by the network. If a found block gets orphaned, earnings relative to it are not paid. If block becomes uncle earnings related to that block are paid.

If you want to switch to this mode, just go to "My account" page and change "Payment mode" for your worker(s).
    edited October 2015
    [b]NEW !!! [/b]

We added support for Stratum in our Ethereum pool. It substantially increases mining earnings.
    Mining instructions are available here: [url]https://www.coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=help[/url]
    For first few weeks Eth Stratum pool will support only PPLNS.

Please use ethminer and mining_proxy: [url]https://github.com/Coinotron/eth-stratum-mining-proxy[/url]

mining_proxy.exe -o coinotron.com -p 3344
    ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8332/workername:workerpassword
    Post edited by coinotron on
    FYI

We simplified creating and managing workers in our pool. We removed link between coin and worker. From now on every worker can be used in any of our pools.
    If worker's payout method is not available in pool you are minig, your rewards will be calculated using default method for that pool (in most cases PPLNS)
  • Pei13Pei13 Member Posts: 32
    Is it better to mine with amd gpu's or is asic mining available?
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Pei13 said:

No asics available, so it's best to mine with GPUs. AMD GPUs are currently the best, by far. R9 280X is currently the sweet spot.
    MrYukonC said:

Pei13 said:

No asics available, so it's best to mine with GPUs. AMD GPUs are currently the best, by far. R9 280X is currently the sweet spot.
    I have one R9 290x and want to use it for mining. I do understand that ethereum will move to PoS eventually. Any idea how long it'll be before PoS is rolls out and makes mining with GPUs obsolete?
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Pei13 said:

MrYukonC said:

Pei13 said:

I have one R9 290x and want to use it for mining. I do understand that ethereum will move to PoS eventually. Any idea how long it'll be before PoS is rolls out and makes mining with GPUs obsolete?
    Everything I've read suggest anywhere from 12 - 18 months. Maybe sooner, maybe longer.

R9 290X is also very good for mining as well.
    I see, thank you for your responses I'm actually in the process of setting up my gpu miner.
    edited November 2015
    FYI

Ethereum RBPPS rates have been lowered to 3% !!!

Ethereum RBPPS is now available in ETH Stratum pool.
    FYI

Etheteum pool status: over 50% of ETH miners are using Stratum pool.

We strongly recommend you this way of mining ethereum.

Advantages od Ethereum Stratum mining:
    - reduction of orphaned and uncle blocks
    - increased earnings ( my estimate is 5%-10% )
    - stratum uses much less bandwidth than getwork protocol

It is really easy to set up. Just download mining_proxy.exe: [url]https://github.com/Coinotron/eth-stratum-mining-proxy/releases/tag/v1.0[/url]

and start mining using following commands:

mining_proxy.exe -o coinotron.com -p 3344
    ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8332/workername:workerpassword

More details you can find here: [url]https://github.com/Coinotron/eth-stratum-mining-proxy[/url]
    FYI

Recently several users pointed out that we present inaccurate ETH rates. Our source was Cryptsy and their rates seem to be quite off.

Today we changed our source of Ethereum rates to Poloniex.
  • almartinsalmartins Member Posts: 11
    Please help me,

I was mining by 7 hours in your pool but can't see my profits.
    I was mining using 3 workers PC-1, PC-2, PC-3, but only PC-1 is showing profits. PC-2 and PC-3 was mining correctly - looking miner window - but no profits !! Please can you check. My user name is almartins.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi

Your miners are submitting shares but extremely rarely.
    Are you mining on cpu ? What hashrates show your miners?
    Please provide me with commands you are using to start your miners.

Hi,

I'm starting mining just few minutes and same problem PC-24 no hash at coinotron but PC-14 are ok. The rigs are pret the same with 4 GPUs.
    My commands are:
    ethminer -G -F http://coinotron.com:3342/almartins.PC-24:PC-24/
    Look picture attached.

What is the problem ?
    Probably you need to regenerate DAG files. Stop miner, delete old ones and start miner
    Also check if date and time on your mining rig are correct.
    Where are located DAG file ?
    I think this problem has occurred after a power failture yesterday. After I restart miners two of them have been this problem. Can that make sense ?!
    On Windows you can find them located in the AppData / Local / Ethash folder under your computer’s Username in the Users folder (example: C:/Users/myPC/AppData/Local/ Ethash). You may need to enable the showing of hidden system files first in order to see the needed folders in Windows Explorer if you have not enabled it already.
    Thanks problem solved by erasing "full-R23*.*" files. Another question;
    How can I improve my hashrate - actualy my miner is "ethminer" ?
    That is not my area of expertise.
    I stopped mining when I started this pool - just lack of time :)
    You must go through topics related to GPU performance.
    Again I can't mine at Coinotron with one of my machines - workname:PC-24.
    I have already delete and create again DAG file but without results - no hash rate see by coinotron - look attached image
    Where my hash rate are delivery ??!
    Maybe you have issues with clock on your rig?
    FYI

Today we've added worker and user hashrate charts. To access them just click on links available in tables coins or workers on "My account" page.
  • taz002devtaz002dev 0x26ff3ed5c5025b5a3c288b9139d0396f9de5891fMember Posts: 47
    Hi. Charts are nice add on. A very nice addition to the charts is adding an average but still good work.
    Anyway . What is really puzling for me is that I have a card and benchmark it against coinotron I get 51Mhs in average.
    The actual hash rate when mining is about 44Mhs which si at least 10% decrease.

Benchmark and Actual Hashing are done under same settings with the proxy fired up.

Still can't explain why even if the cards are one of the best ones tweaked to max hash performance so somehow undecided to pool on coinotron.
    Cheers
    Hi

Hashrates on charts are already averaged. They are 30 min averages.

Regarding hashrates:

Hashrates presented on our website are only estimations based on number of valid shares received in last 30 min span of time. Pool uses very high share difficulty, therefore hashrate estimations have big variance. In your case +-20%. Most accurate is 28 days chart. It shows 1 day averaged hashrates.

You must also subtract a few % of stales which are counted by your miner but not by the pool.
    Maybe your miner is tweaked too much and produces faulty shares. Provide me with your account name ( send it to [email protected]) and I will check stales and errors.

Actually in case of Ethereum's uncle system you can forget about stales. They are almost always 0 %
  • blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Switched back to coinotron after another two pools didn't "cut the mustard"... Set up the miner_proxy, and after only an hour, production is already higher than the standard port (and other pools). 5-10% better is certainly not out of the question... :smile:

Really like the charts, having the 7 and 28 day will really help, thanks — it's probably the only thing you needed to add!

Wow- ETH up to $4, wonder how long that'll last
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    I would like to you your mining proxy, would it be possible to set up a batch file for my windows build that first fires up the proxy then starts the miner , that way I can set up my miners to mine on startup

thanks

also so the benefit of the proxy is higher rewards based on what ? becase its faster ?
    bluebox said:

Switched back to coinotron after another two pools didn't "cut the mustard"... Set up the miner_proxy, and after only an hour, production is already higher than the standard port (and other pools). 5-10% better is certainly not out of the question... :smile:

Really like the charts, having the 7 and 28 day will really help, thanks — it's probably the only thing you needed to add!

Wow- ETH up to $4, wonder how long that'll last

ATM eth is almost 5$
    We are in a position where only sky [or ground ;) ]is the limit