I'm trying to install in a Win 8.1 system following the instructions. But being far from an expert I am unsure of a step. I've been googling and looking here in the Ethereum forum but haven't zeroed in on anything that helped.
Setup environment paths
Add GOROOT pointed to c:\go and GOPATH to c:\godev (you are free to pick these paths).
Set PATH to %PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;c:\winbuilds\bin
I created a new System variable GOROOT with a value of f:\go (everything is getting installed on the F: drive)
and GOPATH with value of f:\godev
Currently there are preexisting variables called Path for both User and System but no variables named PATH. The Path variables existing don't include things like %PATH%. So I'm unsure what I should do. Should I;
- be making them User or System variables?
- be assuming that Path and PATH are interchangeable?
- be creating a new variable PATH and setting it to %PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;f:\winbuilds\bin
- be appending ;%PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;f:\winbuilds\bin onto the Path variable
- be doing something else altogether