5 days no blocks? Is it worth it?

BuzzBuzz Member Posts: 34
edited August 2015 in Mining
Now 5 days without a block. 54 mh using ethminer. Is it worth continuing mining standalone or have the pools destroyed the opportunity?

Comments

• ethereumpoolethereumpool Member Posts: 108
    More miners destroyed the opportunity of solo. Just switch to us!
  • BuzzBuzz Member Posts: 34
    Would like to hear from others that have joined you so far.
  • thefrogthefrog Member Posts: 15
    Are you sure your setup is ok ?
    I have like 3-6 blocks a day with 180 MHs
  • corsarocorsaro Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2015
    It was since the fork (Aug 20th) that I was not finding anymore blocks in solo mining with my 200 Mhs.
    I updated geth to fixed 1.0.2 version on Aug 21st, but no block was found anymore. Yes, surely difficulty was too high, and big datacenters have lower latency times then me... So I temporarely switched to a pool.

But the ethereum team, released geth 1.1.0 released on Aug 25th (today) (Geth-Win64-20150825135126-1.1.0-abce099.zip) and newer version worked very fine. I found a block just after 10 minutes, with 200 Mhs, with geth running in solo mining on windows 2013 server.
    Post edited by corsaro on
  • evanevan Member Posts: 38
    i haven't found one in 5-6 days either, but i think it's just a function of being left behind as difficulty continues to increase.
  • BuzzBuzz Member Posts: 34
    evan said:

i haven't found one in 5-6 days either, but i think it's just a function of being left behind as difficulty continues to increase.

Agree.
  • corsarocorsaro Member Posts: 28
    In the last 24 hours, with 200Mhs I found just 1 block.
    Considering difficulty and my hashpower I should find 1 block every 8 hours (3 blocks per day).

I am constantly monitoring the ethminer output and geth output logging them to a txt file, and there are no GPU errors in the ethminer log file. Besides geth works fine and it is correctly working on the right chain.

It is just ethminer that find Solutions with a lower frequency then the correct statistic one. Just bad luck, most probably.