Windows 7 - Help me Send Eth to Bitrex

tuppydogtuppydog Member Posts: 26
Why is this so hard to do? I realize that geth attach has to be open, I can do this, from this point on, the details are muddy. Could someone plainly explain how to send from point A to point B. I have tried to unlock the account, I know how much is in the account by using geth attach, and I have a Hex number from Bitrex that I would like to send to. Any simple answers? Thanks Much...!

Comments

• Cryptominer1Cryptominer1 Member Posts: 26
    Sure, here are some of my notes:

Run geth using the console: (use the > geth.log if you want to use tail to see the verbosity)
    geth --autodag --etherbase 'youraddress' --rpcaddr "0.0.0.0" --rpcport 30304 --rpc --rpccorsdomain "*" console 2> geth.log

Get your balance:
    web3.eth.getBalance("youraddress")

Send coins: (example with 10 ether)
    eth.sendTransaction({from: 'YouAddress', to: 'destinationAddress', value: web3.toWei(10, "ether")})
  • tuppydogtuppydog Member Posts: 26

Sure, here are some of my notes:

Run geth using the console: (use the > geth.log if you want to use tail to see the verbosity)
    geth --autodag --etherbase 'youraddress' --rpcaddr "0.0.0.0" --rpcport 30304 --rpc --rpccorsdomain "*" console 2> geth.log

Get your balance:
    web3.eth.getBalance("youraddress")

Send coins: (example with 10 ether)
    eth.sendTransaction({from: 'YouAddress', to: 'destinationAddress', value: web3.toWei(10, "ether")})

Thank you Cryptominer1! I used your "eth.sendTransaction example, and I get the following:
    Transaction not confirmed
    at InvalidResponse (:-81076:-155)
    at send (:-154580:-155)
    at sendTransaction (:-131712:-155)
    at :1:1

I checked my account balance, and is perfectly lined up with what the blockchains say. Not sure if I should just wait to see if this works or try something else. You would think that this would be the easiest part of the program, but I've seen all over the blogs that people can't figure this out; mining is way easier than this. Let me know what you think, thank you for your response..!

Anybody else, have any ideas on how to send to Ethereum, or has had direct experience?
  • tuppydogtuppydog Member Posts: 26
    Thanks Cryptominer for this, that solved it, also I have an external wallet that works great, thanks again!