Discussion around the logo contest

StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
Discuss the contest here, not on the submission thread please.
The two comments below I have pasted from their original owners.

Comments

• StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    From @kordless:

> 5. The Ethereum project reserves the right not to select a winner

This needs to be removed. You are asking people to spend their time in exchange for a hope they could win based on their performance against others. By stating 'there can also be NO winner' you are also removing (and somewhat obfuscating) the expectation that a good performance against others will net them a win.

In short, it's not fair. In summary, it's a single Bitcoin. Please pay the winner, whoever they are.

Edited for NVC.
    edited February 2014
    From: (username lost, sorry, I have the memory of a gold fish)

Regarding kordless' comment, I think it is fine if ethereum doesn't want to use any of the logos designed, but they should still pick the best submission and award the BitCoin to the designer.
    Feel free to repost your original comments here guys and i'll delete my copy/pasting , thank you
  • lmegliollmegliol Member Posts: 1
    Regarding kordless' comment, I think it is fine if ethereum doesn't want to use any of the logos designed, but they should still pick the best submission and award the BitCoin to the designer.
  • LeboLebo Member Posts: 2
    I'd personally avoid anything with a pyramid structure in it. I know it might be silly, but the conspiracy theorists are already nuts over this, I wouldn't give them any more ammo.

Speaking of which, the original logo is similar to a pentagram, again, maybe silly, but don't give fundamentalists a reason to avoid this because it is the "mark of the beast" or anything. Just a thought.
  • drcodedrcode Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    In my opinion, ethereum doesn't have any obligation to award the bitcoin if they don't like any designs.

The rules are clearly written and if someone doesn't like the rules then there's no obligation for them to participate in the contest.

• mysocialfacemysocialface Member Posts: 2
    not sure if my png file uploaded
    @mysocialface it didn't, you'll need to edit your post and reupload. If you can't edit your post, repost and I'll delete the first one. Cheers!
  • mysocialfacemysocialface Member Posts: 2
    hey thanks But I'll have to give it a miss because for some strange reason it wont upload, to your site all the specs are right tried it as png and jpg too don't, reformatted out of PS, I can't understand why it won't upload, I've even tried firefox and chrome no luck, can't get it to attach to the appropriate spot or here, it's the weirdest thing
  • lumierrelumierre Member Posts: 12
    I think there should be a winner even if Ethereum doesn't like any of the submissions. The fact that Ethereum saw the concept/ideas of the entries is sufficient for a reward. The current rulings enables Ethereum to scan for ideas from the entries, intentionally not pick a winner, and then create their own logo.
  • bluesawbluesaw DublinMember Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I deleted my original entry(1st entry) and would like to replace it with this http://clip2net.com/s/6OoR0c not sure how to repost so could 1 of the admins do so please.
  • breezerbreezer Member Posts: 1
    Just spotted this compo and unfortunately while my imagination can come up with ideas, my drawing ain't that great and my inkscape/gimp work is even less experienced (if only I could take a photo of it instead...).

The concept was around cloud/currency/apps with many cubes in a 3d-grid, heading into the distance and gold(or yellow-thatlooks like its supposed to be gold)-lined cloud either around them or leading to them indicating the financial and internet aspects (simple, I know). The cubes were probably a slightly bright blue fading off into infinitely many of them.

The mind had a few variations on that but I'm sharing this cos I have no hope of creating it better; if you use this and do an awesome job I don't mind at all, but appreciate a kickback of some slight ratio of any winnings at 18HkZd3YfKWEVFgjsqpFCRj2ZT5BEEkwwt if you feel generous.
    Ok everyone, the deadline came and went, I'm locking this thread. We're going to announce the winner very very soon. (within 48h)
This discussion has been closed.