UPDATE: Winner has been selected.
We have mulled over each and every design and were surprised by the quality of the submissions! Thank you so much everyone!
In the end we had to select a winner and decided to go ahead with both Gianni's and Skybuilder's submission, which we have contacted and they kindly agreed to share the prize.
This thread is for submission only, discussion goes into -> http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/307/discussion-around-the-logo-contestDesign:
A logo, by definition, should be iconic. It should represent the brand, move the body, and inspire the soul. We believe Ethereum to be revolutionary, but we can only deliver on the idea with the support of an amazing community. So we need your help to define our brand.
Design something great - something that will really stick in the minds of people. This is a logo that will be seen by millions all over the world, and which will come to represent Ethereum. We challenge you to be bold, be creative, and dig deep.
There are no limits on colors or form, simplicity or complexity - just draw your inspiration from the ether. Ensure it looks good on dark backgrounds as well as light - and for print as well as digital media. Oh yeah - and it should look really good on a t-shirt. Have fun, and good luck!Rules:
1. Each forum member may submit up to five designs
2. All entries must be submitted in the required format. Entries that do not follow the format will be deleted
3. The prize is 1 (one) bitcoin, donated by a supporter of the project, which will be sent to the winner less than 24h after the winner is announced
4. The winner of the contest will be announced in an update to this post and we’ll also have the winning design highlighted in this thread using our ‘Q&A: answered’ forum feature
5. The Ethereum project reserves the right not to select a winner
6. The Ethereum project reserves the right to modify the selected design before using it
7. The contest will end on Thursday February 13th at 0100 EST (0600 GMT) and only entries submitted before that time will be accepted
8. Only entries that are submitted in this thread will be accepted. All other means (emails, 3rd party sites) will not be considered
9. The Ethereum project will retain all rights, including intellectual property rights to the selected design. Designs that have not been selected or have been disqualified will remain the property of their respective owners
10. The Ethereum project will select a winner no later than 7 days after the contest has closedFormat:
To participate, please post one comment on this thread per design entry and include a single 1250?×?875 .PNG file. We have provided two examples: one blank template for you to fill, and another with a sample logo in place for reference. You may also include up to 15 lines of text describing the concept and design. Please do not use special markup on your entry text beyond bold and italics.