Quick Set up Guide For GPU Mining On Windows 10

13»

Comments

• ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    You have to apply certain serx commands. Search for my recent posts you will find a zip file with everything in it. Edot bat file with your wallet and rig name and start hashing.
  • ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    you can use this ready made package, all you have to do is unzip, edit bat file to inser your wallet and rig name and start mining. the .bat file has setx commands in it that will fix your hash rate from 0.
  • XylocaineXylocaine Member Posts: 57
    @lee363 You get an error - "GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk". If your card have only 1GB RAM you cannot mine eth, but if it's 2GB version, you should add these commands at the beginning of your .bat file:
    setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
  • bborgnabborgna Member Posts: 1
    Hello Thx for this guide, the only one I can find !
    I'm a beginner and french speaking guy, please can you help me, i'm not sure to understand where I have to put my wallet address in solo mining, and what is exactly the syntax if I'd like to use http://eth.nanopool.org/ for example, thx a lot for any help.
    Bruce
  • th00berth00ber Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    @lee363 It seems that the Minergate miner has a nice GUI for their pool
    https://minergate.com/downloads/gui

I heard that NiceHash has a bundled miner for their pool too
  • KristjanKKristjanK Member Posts: 24
    There was a question about how to check your balance but it did not get answered. So I ask again, does anybody know how to check ethereum balance ?
  • KristjanKKristjanK Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2016
    I think i got an answer from a user here. So if you are using a pool then you go to the pools website and enter your wallet address on the website. It currently doesn't show anything except the hash rate, but I hope it's only due to the fact that i've only mined for an hour.

EDIT: Disregard my last, everything should be showing up on the pools website in about an hour so, something might be wrong.

I am going to get new mining software and try a fresh start.
  • armymanarmyman Member Posts: 23
    Guys I am trying to set up the following rig:

Asrock H81 pro btc
    16 gb ram DDR3
    6 x XFX RX480 8gb
    6 x PCI 1x 16
    SSD external memory
    Intel Pentium G3260
    1200 w PSU
    WIN 10 64 bit

I would like to install the latest version of Claymore's dual miner on it, the problem is that the PC can not even run the 6 GPU's all the same time apparently, without anything installed on it yet, but Windows (I am helping which is setting it up and we are about 2000 miles far from each other, so this doesn't help).

Now we have managed to start 5 out 6 GPUs, so probably the last one is having some riser problem, but still when trying to install the drivers (latest version of crimson) at 50% the pc shut down and restart.

What I have done so far is:

- lowering pci to GEN1 in BIOS
    - remove any possible interfering software
    - visrtual mem. to 16 gb
    - pci connected to both GPUs and mobo

Is there any specific setup to do on win10 before installing the GPUs?
    Anything that needs to be uninstalled, etc.?

Or maybe in the BIOS?

Please help