Quick Set up Guide For GPU Mining On Windows 10

Comments

• WesleyJackson88WesleyJackson88 BrazilMember Posts: 19
    I created a Master Password however FICA Only this Message "QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( qt_Matrix ): shader program is not linked... "
  • crapspitcrapspit Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Changed my system to 64 bit. Followed instructions above and everything seems to be working ok. Loading the blockchain now. Thanks for posting your guide.
  • crapspitcrapspit Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Noobie questions.
    I seem to be mining ok according to anything.bat.
    When I start I open alethzero, I wait for the alethzero frontier site to come up, hit go and then I start anything.bat.
    How can I tell if I'm am getting any ether? I tried using ethconsole and it always returns false.
    If I am getting results where do I look for it?
    I'm a little lost in looking at the site for AlethZero frontier. Is there a guide to explaining what each field is?
    Any help is appreciated.
  • thiensuxithiensuxi Member Posts: 5
    Hi everybody,

I have problem when start on win 10 follow the instructions above:

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards,
  • huangyaxuehuangyaxue Member Posts: 3

Xinhai mineral processing EPC provides mine owners with one-stop services including mineral beneficiation test, mine design, etc.. Xinhai is

committed to solving the problems of mineral processing plant such as budget overspending, schedule delaying, disputes of the manufacturers, etc.
    http://www.xinhaimineral.com/products/submerged-spiral-classifier.html
    www.miningfacture.com
    www.xinhaiminingfacture.com
    www.miningmanufacturer.com
  • AmiAmi Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2015
    @crapspit @thiensuxi I just switched to windows 10 i followed this guide and had one problem.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3fk8eh/mining_ethereum_on_windows_7_8/

The only difference is i use ethminer -G t 3 , because I have multiple cards.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    thiensuxi said:

Hi everybody,

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards,

@thiensuxi

That "Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with:" line means that your video card does not have enough memory to hold the entire DAG.

What video card are you trying to use and how much VRAM does it have?
  • Cryptograph_ITCryptograph_IT Member Posts: 4
    thiensuxi said:

Hi everybody,

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards,

I have the same issue I have tried this "set environment variables GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE and GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT to 100." But to no avail.... I am running 2 AMD R295x each has 4gb mem so shouldnt be an issue.

Anyone else have this and fixed it? Help please

• AmiAmi Member Posts: 39
    I use ethminer -G -t x, What are you using?
  • Cryptograph_ITCryptograph_IT Member Posts: 4
    I fixed this issue by updating the AMD Drivers and using "ethminer -G --opencl" all 4 GPUs are running sweet as and I'm getting around 100MH/s
  • cyberbitcyberbit Member Posts: 1
    hello,

how i can see if i found a block at solo mining?

regards
  • wege12wege12 USAMember Posts: 64
    Hi guys,

I am unable to get everything working correctly. Whenever I try to install Ethereum.exe, it will finish installing but is nowhere to be found on my PC.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing my issues?

Thank you!
  • blue6768blue6768 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I used this for a bit and on alphazero frontier in the bottom right it says 25 ether | 6 peer(s) | Not mining. I just wanted to check if this really means i have 25 ether as I really haven't been doing this for long - and how would I move it to a wallet. Also what does 6 peers mean and why does it say not mining, even though I'm pretty sure I am? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions. :confused:

Thanks
  • gorgamingorgamin Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2016
    I want to ask if anyone knows of a way to limit the hashrate while mining with ethminer.

My GPUs run at 72 degrees celsius on average, in an air conditioned server room (18 degrees celsius constant). While this temp is ok, it will shorten the life of the GPU considerably and put stress on the GPU fans as they're not meant to run at max 24/7.

I've had two GPUs burn up already as a result of fan failure, to the point where I've now resorted to using Delta 250CFM 120mm fans on them, with a thermal cutoff probe attached to each heatsink, that will cut power to the particular rig if it goes above a certain temp.

I've thought of moving to watercooling or submerged mineral oil as a result, but before I go that far, and invest a considerable amount that I could rather use to buy more GPUs, I first want to find an easier solution.

I'm looking for something akin to the Intensity level (1-20) as used on cgminer. Where I can force my hashrate down to a limited amount?

The one method I've seen is to implement a batchfile where you let the GPU rest for a few seconds every 60 seconds as seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/3gh6es/how_to_run_gpu_at_less_than_100_utilization/
    How would I use this on Windows?

Does someone know which developer I could contact to humbly and politely request this feature?

I've also asked this question on the EtherMining subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/473mx6/ethereum_amd_gpu_mining_on_windows/
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    Before you g that deep, might want to look at your setup. In a force cooled server room it should never get that hot, unless you're overclocking the heck out of it.

What card are you using? How is it mounted? Is it in a case or something?

My rigs/miners (R9-280/280x/290/370/390/390x combinations) sitting in a 65F basement, with the fan's turned 90% never hit over 66C overclocked.
    I've since reduced the GPU fans to 75% but added a large box fan behind them at low speed and they are all at 55F.

For your GPU's to hit 72C something is off.
  • gorgamingorgamin Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2016

Before you g that deep, might want to look at your setup. In a force cooled server room it should never get that hot, unless you're overclocking the heck out of it.

My rigs/miners (R9-280/280x/290/370/390/390x combinations) sitting in a 65F basement, with the fan's turned 90% never hit over 66C overclocked.
    I've since reduced the GPU fans to 75% but added a large box fan behind them at low speed and they are all at 55F.

GPUs are riser cabled and mounted on supported rack. More than enough airflow. AC in server room is more than sufficient for the thermal considerations and keeps a constant 18 degrees celsius.

Its 100% normal temps, and not overclocked and I have this issue on all my cards, AMD and Nvidia. My fans are on Auto however.

If I push the fans to 90% speed my temps should go down a lot, but those GPU fans aren't made to handle full RPM. They will run for ~6 months and then the bearing, sleeve or pcb regulator (in the fan) will pack up, and cause card meltdown when you're not looking. Its happened to me before, thrice already.

Ethminer doesn't allow you to lower clockspeeds either. It sticks to the BIOS speeds no matter how you try change it in the OS. I think it has to do with how OpenCL has direct access to the GPU.

Another option would be to manually lower clockspeeds through the BIOS, which would force OpenCL to use it.

So our three solutions:

1. Ethminer needs an intensity limit or a hashrate cap.

2. A resting period option (mine for 60 seconds, rest for 20) (Can also be done in a batch file)

3. BIOS limiting the GPU and MEM clock speeds. (This varies greatly for each OEM Manufacturer, and is an easy way to brick a card if you don't know what you're doing)
  • vixciousvixcious Member Posts: 1
    can i mining with intel vga onboard ? ;)
  • kholishskholishs Member Posts: 1
    miner 06:04:46|main Grabbing DAG for #17a7217f…
    miner 06:04:48|main Got work package:
    i 06:04:48| Loading full DAG of seedhash: #95d53b63…
    miner 06:04:48|main Header-hash: 12a91a7a34bc7ddddcc38579314b0304ba7791e0088
    6721d9a3e8170a82b4d59
    miner 06:04:48|main Seedhash: 17a7217f2673ce6267021cc82e7b328a755f010d6741bd
    e6c25d3c2b0373e989
    miner 06:04:48|main Target: 0000000394427b08175efa9a9eb59b9123e2969bf19bf272
    b20787ed022fbe6c
    i 06:04:48|gpuminer0 workLoop 0 #00000000… #17a7217f…
    i 06:04:48|gpuminer0 Initialising miner...
    miner 06:04:48|main Mining on PoWhash #12a91a7a… : 0 H/s = 0 hashes / 0.5 s
    Using platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing i 06:04:49| Full
    DAG loaded

Using device: Tonga(OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (2004.6))
    clCreateCommandQueue(-6)
    clEnqueueWriteBuffer(-36)
    miner 06:04:50|main Mining on PoWhash #12a91a7a… : 0 H/s = 0 hashes / 1.635
    s
    miner 06:04:51|main Mining on PoWhash #12a91a7a… : 0 H/s = 0 hashes / 0.679
    s
    miner 06:04:51|main Mining on PoWhash #12a91a7a… : 0 H/s = 0 hashes / 0.66 s

what wrong whit my gpu. any idea??????????????????????????????????:neutral:
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    gorgamin said:

GPUs are riser cabled and mounted on supported rack. More than enough airflow. AC in server room is more than sufficient for the thermal considerations and keeps a constant 18 degrees celsius.

Its 100% normal temps, and not overclocked and I have this issue on all my cards, AMD and Nvidia. My fans are on Auto however.

If I push the fans to 90% speed my temps should go down a lot, but those GPU fans aren't made to handle full RPM. They will run for ~6 months and then the bearing, sleeve or pcb regulator (in the fan) will pack up, and cause card meltdown when you're not looking. Its happened to me before, thrice already.

Ethminer doesn't allow you to lower clockspeeds either. It sticks to the BIOS speeds no matter how you try change it in the OS. I think it has to do with how OpenCL has direct access to the GPU.

Another option would be to manually lower clockspeeds through the BIOS, which would force OpenCL to use it.

So our three solutions:

1. Ethminer needs an intensity limit or a hashrate cap.

2. A resting period option (mine for 60 seconds, rest for 20) (Can also be done in a batch file)

3. BIOS limiting the GPU and MEM clock speeds. (This varies greatly for each OEM Manufacturer, and is an easy way to brick a card if you don't know what you're doing)
    Afterburner will lower clockspeeds and voltage. It also will allow you to have a more aggressive fan speed curve.

Claymore's miner has an intensity setting.
  • demannudemannu Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2016
    Once the download is unpacked Symantec is picking up some of the files as Trojans, no thanks!
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    demannu said:

Once the download is unpacked Symantec is picking up some of the files as Trojans, no thanks!

You are refering to the offical eth-dev builds?

If so, it's a false positive. Anti-virus often detects mining software after the miner is run on a botnet.
  • demannudemannu Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2016
    work said:

demannu said:

You are refering to the offical eth-dev builds?

If so, it's a false positive. Anti-virus often detects mining software after the miner is run on a botnet.
    Ah OK, freaked and deleted it. Will give it another shot :)

The work laptop has some AMD graphics card in it so was going to let it run over the weekend :P
  • ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    Or for a quick setup just download zip file for your card (AMD or NVIDIA) from our new pool http://www.ethermine.rocks/how/ insert you eth wallet address as explained in the guide section and start mining. :-) if you still need teamviewer help let me know!
  • lee363lee363 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys,

I really need your expert help here please!

I have followed your instructions and all is well, as you can see from the screenshot i am hashing away. However it is using my on-board GPU instead of my AMD 6950HD. How do it to use the AMD card? I have tried disabling the on-board graphic but the minder does not run then it just closes when i try and run the .bat file.

I have also tried:
    ethminer -G --opencl-device 2
    ethminer -G --opencl-device 3
    ethminer -G --opencl-device 4

In the .bat file but they all run the on-board GPU

Any ideas? Thanks :smiley:

ok, send me your skype or email. you need to give me you wallet address and I will prepare a miner package just for you in zip file to run. This should get you mining in no time at all.
    Thanks ethermine_rocks

Stupid question but where do I find my address?

• ilvyouilvyou Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaMember Posts: 1

Hi, I just built RIG; G4400, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, R9 380 4G. Alethzero.exe showing 7 lines of "", what does this mean?

thx :)
    Aleth might not be the best way to mine eth at current version. Are you solo mining or pool mining. You might want to check our pool help page for easier and more effective setup. Go to ethermine.rocks website and chose help in top menu.
  • XylocaineXylocaine Member Posts: 57
    @lee363 Try --opencl-platform 1
    That seems to have done the trick @Xylocaine although it does not seem to be hashing any faster.

Forgive me but I am new to Ethereum. Where do i find my wallet address and how do i check what is in there.

Are there any goo GUI Ethereum miners that are easier to setup?

Thanks for your help

gpu.jpg 442.1K