Mine Directly into BTC... 0.04 BTC per block for the first 10! :)

cryptoboycryptoboy Member Posts: 74
edited August 2015 in Mining
UPDATE: This offer will only be valid until the thawing period ends and a little after (in case someone is still doing it). After that I'm just going to buy from the market. Thank you.

Let's test out using a cool feature for something useful - a mining contract using the miner's extra data.

Get 0.02 BTC (minus tx fees) per mined block!

Details

Set your miner coinbase reward address to 0xd8ae46ba60513f7811dcd26882405f6be01c730f

Make sure to set the extra data to your Bitcoin address, so that will go in the ethereum blockchain. If you don't do that I have no way of knowing who mined which block:

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/wiki/JavaScript-Console#minersetextra

In the geth console:

miner.setEtherbase("0xd8ae46ba60513f7811dcd26882405f6be01c730f")

miner.setExtra("YourBitCoinAddress goes inside the quotes")

for example: miner.setExtra("1Ebb8NfVmKMoGuMJCAEbVMv2dX8GnzgxSa")

Disclaimer

This is not fully automated yet. But you will be able to see that the rewards are exchanged within 24-48 hours.

To make sure that the extra works, perhaps mine a block for yourself first with some extra data in it and check on etherchain.org that it's there.

Cheers!

My budget is roughly 500 blocks (10BTC), so keep an eye on the address and if the balance gets close to 2000 ETH, stop.

Disclaimer: This is purely experimental, but I intend to try to automate it. I'm also not sure if this has been done already, if not we're making history. :)
Post edited by cryptoboy on

Comments