Benchmarking at 0 H/s. Would appreciate help.

jl2fajl2fa Member Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in Mining
Hi guys, my benchmarks are showing up at 0 H/s. I've tried several options so far, such as setting increasing warmup time to 60 and other suggestions found via google search from others having similar problems.
I haven't run geth because I didn't want to sync with the blockchain, with the understanding that it'd be reset when frontier is released. To my knowledge it seems it should be possible to benchmark with ethminer without having it synced with with geth.
Would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

[OPENCL]:Found suitable OpenCL device [Pitcairn] with 1714421760 bytes of GPU memory
Benchmarking on platform: GPU
Preparing DAG...
Warming up...
Trial 1... 0
Trial 2... 0
Trial 3... 0
Trial 4... 0
Trial 5... 0
min/mean/max: 0/0/0 H/s
inner mean: 0 H/s
Phoning home to find world ranking...

Edit: Setup -- OS: Ubuntu 14.04/ GPU: MSI AMD R9 270X/ RAM: 8GB/ CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition 8 Core

Comments

• timstims Member Posts: 21
    Same here...

I have synced the blockchain (took me almost 2 days) but still zero on the benchmark.
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    Had a chat with the devs, they have now fixed the benchmark tool. Cheers.
  • nickycakesnickycakes Member Posts: 7
    Having the same problem, both with the latest ubuntu package, and tried compiling from source on the develop as well as frontier branches

$ sudo ethminer -M -G Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key[OPENCL]:Found suitable OpenCL device [Tahiti] with 3187671040 bytes of GPU memory Benchmarking on platform: GPU Preparing DAG... Warming up... ℹ 11:30:53|gpuminer0 workLoop 0 #00000000… #00000000… ℹ 11:30:53|gpuminer0 Initialising miner... [OPENCL]:Using platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing [OPENCL]:Using device: Tahiti(OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1729.3)) [OPENCL]:Printing program log [OPENCL]: [OPENCL]:Creating one big buffer for the DAG [OPENCL]:Loading single big chunk kernels [OPENCL]:Mapping one big chunk. Trial 1... 0 Trial 2... 0 Trial 3... 0 Trial 4... 0 Trial 5... 0 [OPENCL]:Creating buffer for header. [OPENCL]:Creating mining buffer 0 [OPENCL]:Creating mining buffer 1 ⚡ 11:31:30|gpuminer0 Worker stopping 301 ms ⚡ 11:31:30|ethminer Terminate worker 310 ms min/mean/max: 0/0/0 H/s inner mean: 0 H/s Phoning home to find world ranking...