CUDA miner

Comments

• SiilaSiila Member Posts: 38
    This version is very very good for AMD 290' rig, even best than Claymore:

On my 6*290 rig, Genoil 1.1.9 say 184Mhs but ethermine pool side is 187Mhs for 24h+ while with the same gpu settings, Clamore claim 190Mhs but barely reach 183Mhs ethermine pool side. Thoses results are in ETH mining only (i didnt use dual mining) (use -SP 1 to connect ethermine)

The only problem is for my rx 470 rig, Claymore still claim highter mhs than i can see poolside (more than 1%) but the genoil version is far behind. local work 128 give best result than 256 but still far behind.

Any suggestion to reach good result with genoil on my rx 470 rig?

• TomsETHTomsETH Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    @techtot , i have just catch an MSI GTX 1060 3Gb OC for 229€, running on Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA 373.06 and CUDA 8.
    Genoil 1.1.7 : -U
    Msi Afterburner 4.2.0 : 75% TDP / +0 core (1544)/ +700 mem (4704)
    => 22 Mh/s ethash CUDA
    => 20,5 Mh/s ethash OpenCL

Concerning genoil 1.1.9, it working only with Multipool for me, with 2x GTX 1070 EVGA SC ACX3.0 running on Windows 10/64bit (Anniversary Update) NVIDIA 372.70 and CUDA 8 :
    Genoil 1.1.9 : -U
    MSI Afterburner 4.2.0 : 75% TDP / +0 core (1784) / +750 mem (4754)
    Genoil showing => 62 Mh/s ethash
    Multipool shwowing => average 65 Mh/s (62-68)

All my Nvidia are running P2 state, can't able to force P0 state at this moment with Windows, someone can help me (and others) ?
  • neokensouneokensou Member Posts: 21
    Dear friends,

I have 3xGigabyte 1070 G1 and I'm getting around 75 Mhs in ethminer. Each card is in OC Gigabyte default profile.

I think is not enough MHs for a 1070. Could anyone confirm this? I'm mining with this sentence:
    ethminer -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -O mywallet.stratum --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128

Need i change anything?

Any OC settings could me have a better Mhs ratio?

• chrizzochrizzo GermanyMember Posts: 131 ✭✭
    This looks like normal MH Rate for 1070. You need to OC without Gigabyte Profile! One card can bring 34 MH with right overclocking and voltages! Look at the forum, there are some informations and details how to do that :)
    @neokensou , you should remove "--cuda-grid-size" and "--cuda-block-size" options , then decrease POWER LIMIT to 75% (moving left the cursor) , and MEMORY CLOCK to +600 or +700mhz ...
    Don't need to OC the GPU CLOCK imo. You should able to reach 90-93 MH/s with 3x1070.

Hope it can help :smile:
    @neokensou , for MEMORY CLOCK oc there is some confusions about the speedclock in généraly because
    there is 3 type of speed (i'm not expert , only feedback of my mind)

Exemple with GTX 1060 memory clock spec 8008 Mhz:
    - the "effective speed" sellers arguments said : mem 8008 Mhz => is 4x 2002 Mhz
    - the "dual speed" used in AfterBurner clock : mem 4004 Mhz => is 2x 2002 Mhz
    - the "true speed" is the real speedclock of the memory chip: 2002 Mhz

Moreover, when i specified +700 Memory clock, that is for "dual speed" because i using AfterBurner and it only show dual speed memory, but in your case with Gigabyte OC tool, it show real speed and effective speed .

So, move the MEMORY CLOCK cursor right and get :
    - Current (up) => 1595 to 1945 Mhz (1595 + (700/2))
    - normaly automatic icrease the Current (down) =>7604 to 9004 Mhz (7604 + 2x(700))

Excuse me if i'm not clear , but there's lot of confusions concerning OC the speed memory , it dépend of wich speed we considering ... ;-)
  • AlexxAlexx Member Posts: 15
    Hi guys, is it possible to mine ETH with the newest Nvidia GTX1050?
  • AlexxAlexx Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2016
    Well, if there are others wondering like me - don't wonder anymore.

Yes, GTX1050ti can mine ETH. On stock clocks it mines with 11.8 MH - Claymore miner, ETH only.
    The best, I have managed for a short period of trials - 13.2MH.
    Not impressive at all.

But I have to mention the huge advantage this card has, especially for those with high electricity costs. My wattmeter shows 52-55W at wall while system is idle. When 1050ti is mining - power consumption goes to the crazy 92-95W. My PSU doesn't even think about turning its fan.

P.S. Don't know if this makes a difference - my card is Pallit.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Alexx said:

Well, if there are others wondering like me - don't wonder anymore.

Yes, GTX1050ti can mine ETH. On stock clocks it mines with 11.8 MH - Claymore miner, ETH only.
    The best, I have managed for a short period of trials - 13.2MH.
    Not impressive at all.

But I have to mention the huge advantage this card has, especially for those with high electricity costs. My wattmeter shows 52-55W at wall while system is idle. When 1050ti is mining - power consumption goes to the crazy 92-95W. My PSU doesn't even think about turning its fan.

P.S. Don't know if this makes a difference - my card is Pallit.

yea even the 750ti was never really good at eth cuz of the dag and the cards mem allocation
    but that 1050ti should be gold on stuff like x11 and quark/qubit just like the 750ti was
  • acsacs Member Posts: 3
    Genoil said:

I have updated my ethminer with the tuning parameters. They don't just work for CUDA, but also for OpenCL. With the right numbers, a performance increase of about 30% with opencl, and 40% using CUDA compared to the official ethminer can be achieved. That is, on my GTX780. You mileage may vary.

The parameters (with defaults shown as examples):

--gpu-miningbuffers 2 : the amount of buffers used for storing search results. On OpenCL, 2 seems the right value, but on CUDA (where I'm using streams) I got better results with 4 buffers on the GTX780.

--gpu-batch-size 18 : the amount of nonces tried in a single kernel execution, as a power of 2. So with 18, the batch size 2^18 = 262144. For my GTX780, on CUDA i use 19 and 21 for OpenCL.

--gpu-workgroup-size 64: On OpenCL, this is simply the workgroup size, which translates to the number of threads per block on CUDA. Powers of 2 generally give the best results. Currently limited to 512 on CUDA, but that should be more than sufficient. For my GTX780, on CUDA i use 128 and 64 for OpenCL.

Example: gnl-ethminer.exe -U -M --gpu-mining-buffers 4 --gpu-workgroup-size 128 --gpu-batch-size 19

Hey Genoil when you have some time. I could use some help with the GTX 780. I have a GTX 780ti and I cannot get it above 5MH/s. Was there a specific version of CUDA or driver version you were using? Also which version of your script if you remember worked best with the 780.
  • AlpacaBrosAlpacaBros Member Posts: 4
    I know its been a while since any posted here but I am trying to find a way to get better hashing out of my nvidia cards. I have follow the steps in this thread but it doesn't see to work. Is there something with the Nvidia Tesla M Series cards? Does anyone know?

Thanks
  • manotrollmanotroll Member Posts: 21
    What is the consumption and yield eth of the 1070?
  • vlizzevlizze Member Posts: 1
    I setup (3) Zotac 1060 mini 3gb using claymore. Getting 18 MH/s each out of the box. When monitoring frequencies with GPU-Z, it looks like the core frequencies are running at stock (~1500) instead of boost (~1700) while mining. Is anyone else seeing this?
  • ShiverzShiverz Member Posts: 9
    Hey guys... Im new and stupid, I bought 3x ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB 256bit Dual OC and i want to mine with it since Radeons are not in stock.

My question is, can I mine on windows and get at least 28 mh/s ? Or I have to install linux?

Can you give me guys links to this Genoil miner ?
  • BrucelatsBrucelats Member Posts: 23
    Shiverz said:

Hey guys... Im new and stupid, I bought 3x ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB 256bit Dual OC and i want to mine with it since Radeons are not in stock.

My question is, can I mine on windows and get at least 28 mh/s ? Or I have to install linux?

Looking forward for this answers. Also bought same models. Curious about seting them up for real farming, they should be able to hit high hashrate based on their clock speeds
  • s1eights1eight Member Posts: 5
    Shiverz said:

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/
  • amenocyamenocy Member Posts: 3
    please post report of 1070 dual mining benchmark , ethr+lbr , ethr+sia
  • jimmykljimmykl Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    Dual mining with Claymore I'm getting:
    ETH  / LBC
    29.4 / 30.1

ETH  / SIA
    27.3 / 735

This is with a Gigabyte 1070 Mini ITX on Win10 + Afterburner OC core +250 mem +760 power limit 100%
    Don't know about power consumption as don't have a meter yet
  • xyberxyber Member Posts: 40
    Anyone here experiencing problem with ethminer lately?
    Mine just won't mine anymore and will suddenly crash (ethminer has stopped working) message.
    My Operating system is Win8.1.

Deleting the DAG won't fix.
    This used to work for 1 year and any help would be greatly appreciated
  • electricvideoguyelectricvideoguy Member Posts: 5
    Yup. Same problem here.
    I was able to fix mine but not through ethminer.
    I instead switched to Claymore and I am now able to proceed on mining ethereum.
    This problem might be specific to ethminer.
    The two machines that failed, the 1st machine experienced the failure.
    And after 2 weeks, the 2nd machine experience the same problem.
    Both have Windows 8.1 installed, with auto updates turned off.
  • BrucelatsBrucelats Member Posts: 23
    Guys, anyone have some info how to setup genoil miner on Ubuntu desktop 16.04? I still believe it might outpreform any other miner if cuda is setup and working.

Please help!

Regarding ethminer, i use 3xgpus atm and max i can get on ethminer is like 75 hashes. It works slower per 1 gpu, more gpus i have. 1 gpu can do like 29, 30, same goes for 2. 58-60 and when i put on thid overall hashrate drops to 65 or 70.
  • electricvideoguyelectricvideoguy Member Posts: 5
    Regarding the recent ethminier crashes. I'm not sure its dag related. I'm also mining eth classic and have the same crash. They use different DAGs no?
    It would be great if genoil can comment about the root cause of the ethminer crashes.
  • bigfuzbigfuz Member Posts: 7
    There is a patch to speed up the GTX 1060 by 30%: https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/pull/228
    Anyone tried it and confirm the increase?
    With a GTX 970 i get 1.5% more.
  • Xelendor1Xelendor1 Member Posts: 1
    hey guys, if anyone is still reading this thread, I'm having problems getting my zotac amp extreme gtx 1080 to get a hash higher than 1.5mh/s... before re imaging my hdd I got 26mh/s, then I installed the same drivers on my newly wiped computers and the has got cut down to 1.5/2mh/s. Is there some sort of special miner on Windows 10 that you have to use to mine with the 1080?

Thank you in advance
    You might need to use the latest version of ethminer from genoil here:
    https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/master/releases
  • UncleJebUncleJeb Member Posts: 3
    there have been hashing rates ~3Mhs with GTX 980/970 on windows10. They have fixed the issue with latest drivers?
    thanks
  • xenomorph113xenomorph113 Member Posts: 7
    UncleJeb said:

there have been hashing rates ~3Mhs with GTX 980/970 on windows10. They have fixed the issue with latest drivers?
    thanks

So far the only drivers ive been able to use to mine ether in windows 10 with my 970s has been 347.88, anything newer and my hash rate drops from 20-21mh/s per card down to about 2.5-4mh/s per card. I believe this is a WDDM 2.0/2.1 issue and thus far no newer driver has worked, and i have tried virtually all of them since 347.88