• newkidONdablocknewkidONdablock interwebzMember Posts: 121
    @USMiningRentals
    no need to run a node for mining
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
  • USMiningRentalsUSMiningRentals Member Posts: 6
  • davidavi NetherlandsMember Posts: 67
    After 12+ hours 1.1 still running :wink:
    my 1.1 didn't live through the night, gpus not runing and just "sending/reporting" stale shares, took it for another spin
  • GenoilGenoil 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    @newkidONdablock that's the problem with uopdating the binaries without changing the version number :). Now I don't know if you had the latest bins or not. I'm afraid you have them. Anyway I need to redo that stratum client anyway..it's not very well built it seems..
  • davidavi NetherlandsMember Posts: 67
    edited May 2016
    @newkidONdablock
    First 1.1 ethminer.exe is 1.049.088 bytes
    Updated 1.1 ethminer.exe is 1.048.576 bytes
  • flanalogflanalog Member Posts: 11
    26 hours later and the 'fixed' 1.0.8 miner is still running stable..
    just in case anyone is interested ;)
  • BurntOrangeBurntOrange Member Posts: 1
    So is the consensus to not bother with eth if using GTX 750 TIs? Or only on WIN10?
  • voidwalkervoidwalker Member Posts: 9
    Did anyone manage to compile genoil's miner on arch linux or any other arch based distro ? I was getting this error https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=z_tGV7XjOMjYU-W8qYAB#q=genoil+nvcc+fatal+++:+redefinition+of+argument+'std' but I managed to fix it by editing ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake to only have one std refference (deleted the second one). Now I get these errors: http://pastebin.com/NxAu97y2
    Using the latest manjaro linux. Any assistance that leads to succesful compiling will be rewarded
  • warhorsewarhorse RussiaMember Posts: 6
    Check you cmake version, i had to downgrade from 3.3.1 to 3.2.2 to build miner on gentoo. Before that i got errors similar to your first one.
    I just tried with cmake 3.0. Indeed it skips over the previous error with the redifinition of argument 'std', but it still gives me the errors I posted above. I have a feeling this is related to the cuda toolkit package on arch linux.
  • 4gun4gun Member Posts: 16
    @Genoil Not sure if it is a bug, but, after more than 40 hours ethminer froze with this:

I can't see what caused it, but the freeze is definitely something that should be fixed. Miners 0-5 should be able to continue..
  • SergeantSergeant Member Posts: 9
    @Genoil
    Genoil said:

1.1 pre-release is out:

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/110/

- no more DAG files (both CUDA/OpenCL)
    - CUDA Compute 2.0 support is back

It looks like it's all working but I'm releasing early so you can help me test.

Compute 2.0 seems to be not working:

edited May 2016
    @Sergeant how many ram do you have on that card?

Oh and the pre-release binary was built for Compute 5.2 only. You'll have to build it from source for now.
    Post edited by Genoil on
  • QuellwasserQuellwasser Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2016
    Edit: Never mind - my mistake
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Genoil
    Did you buy GTX 1080 by any chance? I would love to see it's numbers on the CUDA miner.
    Thinking of maybe getting one. They are sold out of course; I had lots of "regular" work this am and could not go to store. Maybe I should go for 1070 instead?
    @Biodom
    forget nvidia for mining, $ per MH is on AMD side
    @Biodom no don't have one. Got to spend a few hours on one via Teamviewer two weeks ago. Windows ETH mining seems a no go with current drivers, but there's talk of a July win10 update which should (more than) solve the issue. Linux was about 24MH/s in OpenCL.
  • d0ffd0ff Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I upgraded to the 1.1 yesterday.
    Running 1x gtx970 and 1x gtx 980
    Ubuntu 14.04
    GPU Driver: 364.19

Running around 40Mh/s with no overclock.
    But after running the 1.1 for 24hrs my miningpool gives Effective Average Hashrate (last 24h): 33.8 MH/s
    ethermine pool.

The MH/s from the miner gives the 40Mh/s as always but the pool registers a 33.8 average?
    With the last 0.8 I got average aroundt 38.5 per 24hrs

15:35:45|ethminer Mining on PoWhash #04a68b3c : 40.07MH/s [A757+1:R1+0:F0] Is this just bad luck or is there something wrong?
  • retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Genoil said:

@Biodom no don't have one. Got to spend a few hours on one via Teamviewer two weeks ago. Windows ETH mining seems a no go with current drivers, but there's talk of a July win10 update which should (more than) solve the issue. Linux was about 24MH/s in OpenCL.

What's changing in July?
    @rether 2MB page size support. Should fix current TLB issues
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    @Genoil, sent an ETH contribution your way. Do check that you have received it.
  • EtherionEtherion Member Posts: 95
    @genoil I get an error with 1.1

"Cuda error in func 'set_constants' at line 128 : invalid device symbol."

The same string works fine with 1.07 and 1.08
    @ethfan thx!

@Etherion the binaries are only for 9x0 cards, will build for full range incl 1080 this week.
  • EtherionEtherion Member Posts: 95
    @Genoil No idea what 9.0 card are. I have Quadro cards while i wait for my AMD to arrive
    So yesterday I managed to compile genoil's miner for the first time on manjaro linux (arch based), after a very long time of struggles. I did it on a test virtualbox installation. Today I tried to install it on a real computer, but had no luck, following the same instructions I used before. I tried again on virtualbox and again no luck, the same error appeared. I am totally clueless now to what's going on or what exactly I did to make it work (I deleted the old virtualbox drive).
    This is the error I get http://pastebin.com/cKx10qbb
    I use these command to get it installed:

sudo pacman -Syyu
    sudo pacman -S cmake boost yaourt screen crypto++ leveldb miniupnpc libcpuid opencl-headers cuda gcc49 libmicrohttpd
    yaourt libjson-rpc-cpp

export CC=gcc-4.9
    export CXX=g++-4.9
    git clone https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum
    cd cpp-ethereum && git checkout 110 && mkdir build && cd build && cmake -DBUNDLE=cudaminer ..
    cd libethash-cl/ && mkdir CL && cd CL && wget https://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/api/1.1/cl.hpp
    cd ~/cpp-ethereum/build/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir
    nano ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake ###line 79, remove "-std;-c++;"
    cd ~/cpp-ethereum/build && make

What am I doing wrong here? Btw genoil can you please add cl.hpp to /cpp-ethereum/libethash-cl/CL/ in the 110 branch? It doesn't compile without that file.
    Also can you check ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake in /cpp-ethereum/build/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir and fix the "nvcc fatal : redefinition of argument 'std'" error ? I just removed -std;-c++; from line 79 but maybe that's not the perfect way to fix it.
    @voidwalker added cl.hpp. The problem with that redefintion is that Ubuntu won't build without that statement there. Or at least that how I hacked it together to get it working. I would be much helped someone with a broad knowledge of Linux and CMake who could help me write a makefile that builds on more than one flavor of Linux...

Also pushed some changes to the 110 branch.
    - binaries built with CUDA 8RC for Compute 2.0 and up
    - CUDA kernel housekeeping
    - some makefile fixes

Nothing special really, updating not required if all is fine.

I'm going to see if a simpler stratum client implementation will improve things.
    edited May 2016
    Genoil, Can you tell me what exact statement you added to build on ubuntu and which one do I need to take out ? set(CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS --std=c++11;
    OR this
    set(nvcc_flags -m64;--std;c++11;
    I am just trying to eliminate possible causes of error. It's very frustrating that I managed to build it once and now it's impossible.

edit: I had success again with building the miner, this time using gcc 5.3, same as the latest ubuntu. What is the normal target gcc version for the source code?
    Post edited by voidwalker on