CUDA miner

Comments

• GenoilGenoil ✭✭✭ 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    coinotron, coinmine.pl, ethpool, ethermine. I have nothing personally against dwarfpool but I don't think they really need more hash if you know what I mean. So stratum support for dwarf is not very high on my priority list.

Failover for stratum will come in 1.0.7
    Post edited by Genoil on
  • mrpmrp Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2016
    ethermine use dwarf proxy, what problem attempt to dwarf ?

but no hashrate appeared on ethermine.org through implemented proxy, still in miner window shares accepting
    Post edited by mrp on
  • Bensam123Bensam123 Member Posts: 62
    Genoil said:

Bensam123 said:

So... using the -R old option, it now uses twice as much diskspace. The old files are kept inside the ethereum mining directory and there are two still in ethash in app data. Not sure why this is the case. When it generates a new one you can literally delete the old ones while it's doing it.

-R old implies that you want to store Dag files in ./old directory. It has nothing to do with cleanup. Use -E old for that. It will then keep the current dag directory (default or specified via -R) clean, but always keeps the latest two dags (current and upcoming)
    Weird, not sure how I messed that up. Looks like it works.
  • restlessrestless Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2016
    Genoil, I remember you were experimenting with DAG into 2 chinks of memory - did you forked-off this feature?

Small feature request - when new job is received or share is found todiplay number of found&accepted shares?
    Like in ccminer style
    accepted: 99/100 (99.00%), 1096.36 MH/s yes!
    Post edited by restless on
  • LeChuckDELeChuckDE Member Posts: 46
    Updated today to NVidia-364.12 opensource, got 5 % higher hashrate one my GTX950M
    goes up from 5,5 MH/s to 6 MH/s stable.
    needs to recompile the miner

cheers
  • electricvideoguyelectricvideoguy Member Posts: 5
    Hi, new to this. I own video studio. Experimenting with one rig, a Titan X on win 10 latest drivers. Disappointing 6-10Mh/s to nanopool. I have 3x 970 and a 980ti as well as Titan X. Would like to tune before expanding to other rigs. Should I make a bootable usb with linux on for mining or can I get better rates with win 10?
  • sikuntsikunt Member Posts: 13

Hi, new to this. I own video studio. Experimenting with one rig, a Titan X on win 10 latest drivers. Disappointing 6-10Mh/s to nanopool. I have 3x 970 and a 980ti as well as Titan X. Would like to tune before expanding to other rigs. Should I make a bootable usb with linux on for mining or can I get better rates with win 10?

i went back down to windows 7 because i was only getting 15mhs with 3 Titans on windows 10.
    With windows 7 i get about 62mhs
    @electricvideoguy
    yes you wold get better performance with NVIDIA Devices on Linux.
    Normaly you could run linux also from USB Thumbdrive.
    Cool. Thx chaps. Any recommended (read:easy) distro?
    edited March 2016
    @electricvideoguy
    would recomment ubuntu 15.10
    Cuda 7.5 from NVIDIA Website (it is for 15.04 but works with 15.10)
    update to NVIDIA 364.12 Driver:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-364 nvidia-364-dev nvidia-settngs
    fetch cpp-ethereum from genoil and compile

works for me greate !

Snippet install dependencies :
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sudo apt-get -y update
    sudo apt-get -y install language-pack-en-base
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
    sudo apt-get -y install software-properties-common

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://llvm.org/apt/wily/ llvm-toolchain-wily-3.7 main"
    wget -O - http://llvm.org/apt/llvm-snapshot.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
    sudo apt-get -y update
    sudo apt-get -y install llvm-3.7-dev

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ethereum/ethereum-qt
    sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ethereum/ethereum
    sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ethereum/ethereum-dev
    sudo apt-get -y update
    sudo apt-get -y upgrade

sudo apt-get -y install build-essential git cmake libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev \
    libleveldb-dev libminiupnpc-dev libreadline-dev libncurses5-dev \
    libcurl4-openssl-dev libcryptopp-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libjsoncpp-dev \
    libargtable2-dev libedit-dev mesa-common-dev ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers \
    libgoogle-perftools-dev qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev \
    libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5webengine5-dev ocl-icd-dev libv8-dev libz-dev

sudo apt-get -y install libjsonrpccpp-dev
    sudo apt-get -y install qml-module-qtquick-controls qml-module-qtwebengine libcryptopp-dev libqt5opengl5-dev qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5webengine5-dev libboost1.58-all-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjsoncpp-dev libleveldb-dev libmicrohttpd-dev

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mark everything between the lines.
    save it it into install.sh
    chmod +x install.sh
    ./install.sh

now you are able to build the cpp-ethereum from genoil
    Post edited by LeChuckDE on
    brilliant, thanks again!
  • retherrether ✭✭ Member Posts: 258 ✭✭

I was getting about 3mh/s on Win10 so I tried it on my older Vista system with the 347 nvidia drivers and am now getting about 12mh/s. Win7 or vista plus older drivers seems to be the trick for nvidia cards.
  • dugandugan Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    I am getting 21 mh/s from an overclocked GTX 970 on Windows 10 with 0.9.41-genoil-1.0.6b2. Using 347.52 driver did the trick. Before that I was getting less than half that on current drivers. Since that driver version is not officially supported for Win10 I uninstalled all drivers, started the installer and let it extract contents to C:\nvidia, through device manager manually add the driver to the card through the "have disk" option and point it to the extracted location. You cannot run the installer itself due to error out as OS is not technically supported on this version.

Do not forget to tell Win10 not to automatically update drivers, Advanced system settings, hardware tab, device installation settings, select no option to not automatically download drivers.
  • hozehoze Member Posts: 27
    Hello. I need help!
    My hashrate is verry low in ubuntu 14.04 with 750ti. This rig is with 6 x 750ti

• GenoilGenoil ✭✭✭ 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    @hoze it's not much indeed, but expected behaviour for 750Ti's. With each new DAG, it gets a bit worse.
    Genoil said:

@hoze it's not much indeed, but expected behaviour for 750Ti's. With each new DAG, it gets a bit worse.

hmm, so it's better to leave on something else :smile: . I though that 750ti can give something like 6-7Mhs/gpu .
  • dominusdominus Member Posts: 36
    hoze said:

Genoil said:

hmm, so it's better to leave on something else :smile: . I though that 750ti can give something like 6-7Mhs/gpu .
    Have you overclocked the gpus? You should overclock both gpu and memory. They oveclock very well.
    dominus said:

hoze said:

Genoil said:

Have you overclocked the gpus? You should overclock both gpu and memory. They oveclock very well.
    In Linux? How to do that?
    hoze said:

dominus said:

hoze said:

Genoil said:

Offcourse. You should enable coolbits and then You can find the overclocking sliders in the Nvidia Xserver settings.
    Thx. I will try that.
  • kenshirothefistkenshirothefist Member Posts: 73
    Anyone successfully mining with GTX 650 Ti? I'm getting some strange results with 0 H/s each third/fourth try and no successful solution submission.

See mining log here: http://pastebin.com/bGTzQXc8
    edited March 2016
    I try to build the last version of now got this error:

Sorry! SOLVED
  • workwork ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Anyone successfully mining with GTX 650 Ti? I'm getting some strange results with 0 H/s each third/fourth try and no successful solution submission.

See mining log here: http://pastebin.com/bGTzQXc8������������������������������

That's just because your work size is too large to consistently complete in the 200ms reporting window. Increase your farm-recheck a bit, or decrease work-size.

Regarding shares, you're mining on ethpool I see (I'm guessing based on the share target). Ethpool's fixed share target is very high for small rigs, so it's understandable that 10MH isn't finding many shares. Hard to say if those 2 shares that were rejected mean you're producing bad results, because the sample size is so small.

Try another pool with vardiff. I've been very happy with MiningPoolHub recently.
    If you are worried about the ability to find shares, run ethminer -U -Z. You should get solutions and diff should go up towards high twenties. If it stays at 20, the kernel consistently produces rubbish. I use it for kernel testing.
    dominus said:

hoze said:

dominus said:

hoze said:

Genoil said:

Offcourse. You should enable coolbits and then You can find the overclocking sliders in the Nvidia Xserver settings.
    Only option I got in nvidia-settings is fan control. Maybe some help ? :) I edit xorg.conf and add the Option "Coolbits" "4" line.
  • mflukermfluker Member Posts: 6
    Is there a recent set of steps to follow to compile on Linux? I'm on Ubuntu 15.10 64bit. I've cloned the repo. Just looking for the proper make commands. I got a little bit lost in this thread.

I already have the vanilla ethminer version working. Thanks and appreciate any help.
    hoze said:

dominus said:

hoze said:

dominus said:

hoze said:

Genoil said:

Only option I got in nvidia-settings is fan control. Maybe some help ? :) I edit xorg.conf and add the Option "Coolbits" "4" line.
    Add coolbits 28.
    edited March 2016
    @mfluker see a few posts up: http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/27276/#Comment_27276

then in cpp-ethereum:
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake -DBUNDLE={cuda}miner ..
    make -j8 
    in {} is optional. if you build for cuda, you'll need the cuda toolkit installed.
    @LeChuckDE would you be interested in trying to figure out the least amount of required dependencies for Ubuntu? Things like Qt, llvm are no longer required to build my fork.

I'm planning to get solid build instructions up on github, but then they need to be perfect :)
  • restlessrestless Member Posts: 80
    A weird bug in 1.0.6
    on 7990 card this version count the cores in reverse order - other ethminer version see the 2 cores in different order. Tried 103, 104 and "official" ethminer versions

Also, I had the stupidity to run with -E old, when mining EXP - in result my ETH DAGs were deleted, but the weird thing is - EXP DAGs were deleted too - and then it started rebuilding these :O