CUDA miner

Comments

• GenoilGenoil 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    eddy4 said:

@Genoil Are the 2 GB RAM of the 750Ti a problem or something different? If the RAM is the problem, would you suggest instead the AMD Radeon 7950 with 3 GB RAM to keep mining till PoS?

Not the size of the RAM, but the capacity of the TLB. As a matter of fact, I sold my GTX750ti for a 2nd hand 7950 but haven't gotten to install it. I regret it now because if I'd still had the 750, I could have better solved the Compute 3.0 issue.

I like the new low power 950's from Asus. Might get one of those additionally to the 7950.
  • eddy4eddy4 Member Posts: 30
    @Genoil I'm not familiar with TLB capacities. What's the difference between the 750Ti and the 7950?

I like the R7 R370 with 4GB but the hash rate will probably stay far below a 7950.
  • promojopromojo Member Posts: 2
    Hello,i have 5x ASUS 970 GTX rig,im mining with around 16-17 MH per card,i saw that people here have better hashrate ~ 20MH with same cards,could anyone help me clock my cards,i also saw command -cuda turbo which is unknown for me,i will be very thankful if someone help me get better hashrate
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    promojo said:

Hello,i have 5x ASUS 970 GTX rig,im mining with around 16-17 MH per card,i saw that people here have better hashrate ~ 20MH with same cards,could anyone help me clock my cards,i also saw command -cuda turbo which is unknown for me,i will be very thankful if someone help me get better hashrate

Turbo command does not work in this custom version of eth miner

You need to give more info, what operating system and what is your eth miner command line etc
    @Cubirez thanks alot for all your help man getting set up here is my current hash and temps , the power ususage on the nvidia tool is actually pretty close to what I see on the wall. This is without the power limiting setting. I messed up my install trying to set up coolbits and had to run through the entire OS install all over so ill leave it alone for now until i mine enought to buy another box to play with

• go6ooo1212go6ooo1212 Member Posts: 17
    Hello , mates , which cuda-miner is faster for windows OS...
  • CubirezCubirez Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2016
    @Marvell9 glad to see everything is working fine. On my side, i'm getting a solid 127MHs but with 1080W on the wall in performance mode.

What hashrate did you actually achieve @ 800W? how did you manage to get such a low power consumption?
  • GothmorGothmor Member Posts: 4
    Hello Guys, im new on mining, i downloaded last version of cuda miner, i have gtx 970 card, i run benchamark and its say that my card run at 17/MHs, when i start mining i have 6,8/MHs someone can help me to fix? im going to be mad :( i have try to add the command ,--cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-turbo no change at all :(. ill be glad if someone can explain me where i miss :(.

Thx a lot
    @Gothmor you have three options:
    1. Install Windows 7
    2. Install Ubuntu
    3. Install old WDDM 1.0 drivers (347.52)

Good luck!
    Thx for rapid answer, in this week ill install new PC with Win 7 and ill give a try, not sure i can install old WDDM 1.0 drivers (347.52) on WIN 10, on driveres page the last result is 352.63 :(.
    U save me soo much time really thx mate, ill let u know. I think ill do it in the next week end.
    see u soon
    i have last question about Hardware lifetime.

Normally what is the lifetime of graphic card used for mining?

thx a lot
    edited March 2016
    @Gothmor No real limit as far as I know, if you keep the GPU as cool as possible and don't draw from the PSU 24/7 above 80% of max. watt capacity.
  • sikuntsikunt Member Posts: 13
    fixed my issue, installed a second OS to win 7 now hashing away @ 58mh on 3 GTX Titans. stupid win 10
    @Genoil
    sent a small donation
    tx
    0x0506b4575c0ab10d8215861cc66ec903b3a1fe7edad50ae6c9cf29e1336e844c

thanks for your service heh
  • dreambottledreambottle Member Posts: 7
    Hi! Where can i download the latest binary and/or sources of cuda miner?
    @Genoil i have installed win 7 and now Hash Rate is 17/18 MHs :) thx a lot mate.
    My graphic card is working at 99% with 65 C°, is this temperature ok and safe for my hardware?

thx again
  • kenshirothefistkenshirothefist Member Posts: 73
    Anybody successfully built ethminer from Genoil's latest master Git repo under Ubuntu 15.10? I just tried and the build breaks at the end when doing the linking:
    [ 98%] Built target ethcore
    Linking CXX executable ethminer
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'leveldb::Status::ToString() const'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'vtable for CryptoPP::StringSinkTemplate<std::string>'
    /usr/bin/ld.gold: the vtable symbol may be undefined because the class is missing its key function
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelCreatePutSpace(std::string const&, unsigned long&)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelPut2(std::string const&, unsigned char const*, unsigned long, int, bool)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelPutModifiable2(std::string const&, unsigned char*, unsigned long, int, bool)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelFlush(std::string const&, bool, int, bool)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelMessageSeriesEnd(std::string const&, int, bool)'
    ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::SetRetrievalChannel(std::string const&)'
    ../libstratum/libethstratum.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Reader::parse(std::string const&, Json::Value&, bool)'
    ../libstratum/libethstratum.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Reader::getFormattedErrorMessages() const'
    ../libdevcore/libdevcore.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::operator[](std::string const&)'
    ../libdevcore/libdevcore.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::FastWriter::write(Json::Value const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doBenchmark(dev::eth::MinerType, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::HttpClient::HttpClient(std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::HttpClient::HttpClient(std::string const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::asString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::asString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const'
    CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/build.make:109: recipe for target 'ethminer/ethminer' failed
    make[2]: *** [ethminer/ethminer] Error 1
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:609: recipe for target 'ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:116: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2

• wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    BTW GUYS if youre using Windows 10 you can install the 350.12 Nvidia drivers. You dont have to use 347.52... Im using 350.12 with a GTX 980 on Windows 10 hashing at 20 MH/s with the OpenCL miner (no difference from 347.52)
  • xenomorph113xenomorph113 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2016

BTW GUYS if youre using Windows 10 you can install the 350.12 Nvidia drivers. You dont have to use 347.52... Im using 350.12 with a GTX 980 on Windows 10 hashing at 20 MH/s with the OpenCL miner (no difference from 347.52)

Ive also been testing 347.88, miess about the same as 347.52 but with slightly better gaming compatibility (i mine while im at work and sleeping and game in the rest)

ill also give the 350.12 drivers a try - edit: tried those drivers with win 10 64 bit and 2x 970s, couldnt get it to mine on anything, cuda or open cl :(
    Post edited by xenomorph113 on
    @wirelessnet2 i tried that but eventually windows 10 tries to install new drivers and fucks up the install
  • davidavi NetherlandsMember Posts: 67
    @Marvell9

1. Windows key + Pause key > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings > Auto Download > No

2. After you installed the drivers you want to use and you receive a popup about new drivers available, run the 'Hide and Show Updates' tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930). Advanced > Turn off Apply repairs automatically > Hide Updates > Select the device driver updates you want to hide and apply.
    I did all that dude after a few days Windows 10 still updated the drivers it's freaking anoying
    @kenshirothefist sorry for that mate, I'm in the middle of downsizing the repo by removing unused libs and code. Actually it's being done voluntarily by @chfast from the Foundation. I'm pretty sure he's a better C++/ETH developer than I am, so I was assuming it would still compile. I just verify on Windows and it does still build.

BTW when anything significant changes regarding functionality or speed, I'll bump the version number and announce. Last night's OpenCL kernel refactoring does unfortunately not fall into that category ;)
    @Genoil it builds fine on 14.04 ... must be something with 15.10 ...
    edited March 2016
    @kenshirothefist I build the CUDA version (for Nvidia GPUs) of ethminer in Ubuntu 15.10 by renaming every number "4" into number "5" near line 115 because CUDA didn't like gcc versions above 4.9.

sudo nano /usr/local/cuda/include/host_config.h

This was my only problem in Ubuntu 15.10 with Nvidia GPUs and I've read anywhere in the forum you are using AMD GPUs so probably this won't help, but I've also installed this depency.

sudo apt-get -y install libcryptopp-dev

But maybe you also need to build cryptoppp as well?

Try this BEFORE building ethminer:

mkdir cryptopp && cd cryptopp

wget -O cryptopp562.zip http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/cryptopp/cryptopp/5.6.2/cryptopp562.zip?r=&ts=1456766520&use_mirror=iweb

unzip cryptopp562.zip && rm cryptopp562.zip

make static dynamic && sudo make install

@kenshirothefist How did you get 24/26 MH/s with a 7950/7970? Any file editing? Different BIOS?

I've ordered one 7950 and one 7970 and this is how I would like to start mining. Any tips for max hash rate?

#!/bin/sh
    export DISPLAY=:0
    export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
    export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

cd /eth-proxy
    python ./eth-proxy.py

cd /cpp-ethereum/ethminer
    ./ethminer --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/rig1 --cl-global-work 16384 --gpu-devices 0 1
    Post edited by eddy4 on
  • SweetSweet Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, just started mining with my GTX 770 but having a hashrate around 2MH/s... Don't know where it comes from. Any help is appreciated!
    Thank you :)
    @eddy4 thanks for the info on 15.10 ... I decided to stick with 14.04, I prefer not to use too hacky methods ;) (I need stable setups too test various rigs on our NiceHash.com service and NiceHash Miner sw).

Regarding 24/26 MH/s with a 7950/7970 -> ha, that was a couple of months ago ... now with DAG file increase I get more like 20/22 with a 7950/7970 (both clocked at 1100/1500).

Anyway, currently NVIDIA GTX 970 is absolute winner in terms of efficiency. Stable 22 MH/s at 1550/3505 and only 175W of power consumption ... a true money (eth) maker ;)
  • ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Sweet said:

Hey guys, just started mining with my GTX 770 but having a hashrate around 2MH/s... Don't know where it comes from. Any help is appreciated!

are you still having an issue?
  • SweetSweet Member Posts: 4
    ksukhin said:

Sweet said:

are you still having an issue?
    Yes, searched old drivers for my graphics card as it seems to be one issue but can't find them.. I really don't know what to do.