Healthcare DApp project underway

samsam San FranciscoMember Posts: 9
Hey folks,

If you don't mind, I'm going to try and use Ethereum to fix healthcare in the US. I've got a Dapp I'm working on that will enable the fabled unicorn of hipaa compliant interoperable EHRs. I plan to protect everything with whatever patents are appropriate and then donate to a non-profit to ensure that it actually does stay interoperable. I believe I already have what I need filed. DApp is under way and mining is working out fairly well. Healthcare is antiquated and ready to be fixed, but it's still a massive beast. I think I'll need more help than I currently have. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Sam

Comments

• rfikkirfikki Palm Beach, FloridaMember Posts: 26
    Like to know about this project.
  • samsam San FranciscoMember Posts: 9
    I have a profile up at: https://angel.co/trustless-privacy
    Send me a note if you have specific questions!
    So how are you storing the medical data to make it comply with regulations? Is it client side?
    I have no plan on storing the data, I plan on allowing data to be encrypted using a service I'm building. If somebody needs a storage service too, I suppose I could integrate or just use my own AWS instances, but I assume people will want to keep their data where it is. The primary intent is to invert the central health data vault, while still being secure enough to trust with private medical data, but not so secure it's not in-accessible in case of medical emergency.

How I plan on doing all that, is another thing....
    I would think encrypted client side data would be the way to go. That way you never take control of their data due to Hipaa regulations. AWS encrypted storage that is Hipaa compliant would work also.
    I have 0 interest in holding anyone's encrypted medical data, but if I need to build secure HIPAA compliant storage, I can and I have. AWS RDS isn't HIPAA compliant for some reason, so you have to build it yourself, but it's not a huge challenge to setup encrypted postgres.

But why bother? People already have storage for data, they just don't have a good way to store it such it's private and compliant, that's where I come in.

• browningrbrowningr Member Posts: 1
    Tried to reach you via [email protected] . Interested to learn more about your project and how ethereum might apply to my project.