GPU Mining is out, come and let us know of your bench scores!

Comments

• skyzoomskyzoom Member Posts: 10
    @Kalmodor can you share your setting for rx 470? i have 1 with samsung mem but i only have 25,7 mh/s
  • wiktoriosswiktorioss Member Posts: 7
    hey guys! after many hours spent on trying to get most of the cards I've got it's still much below what I was expecting.
    Asrock H81 BTC
    4GB RAM
    1x Power Color RX580 Red Dragon 8GB 26.7MH/s
    1x Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 4GB 26.1MH/s

I'm about to give up on trying to get more hashrate out of them as nothing helps anymore, they seem to be maxed out.

• greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited September 2017

hey guys! after many hours spent on trying to get most of the cards I've got it's still much below what I was expecting.
    Asrock H81 BTC
    4GB RAM
    1x Power Color RX580 Red Dragon 8GB 26.7MH/s
    1x Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 4GB 26.1MH/s

I'm about to give up on trying to get more hashrate out of them as nothing helps anymore, they seem to be maxed out.

Do you use custom timing straps? Because OC could only get you so far.
    Btw, what are you gpu and memory clocks on those?
    I have tried strap swap and some custom to GPU BIOS mods but thats where it got me

GPU Clock: 1450 on Red Devil, 1400 on Nitro+ (if I drop the clocks it will drop hashrate)
    MEM Clock: 2200 on RD, 2000 on Nitro+ (hynix here)

I have tried strap swap and some custom to GPU BIOS mods but thats where it got me

GPU Clock: 1450 on Red Devil, 1400 on Nitro+ (if I drop the clocks it will drop hashrate)

You should first check out this link:
    http://1stminingrig.com/amd-sapphire-nitro-rx-580-8gb-limited-edition-mining-rig-tutorial-190-mhs/
  • jetpackjetpack Member Posts: 88
    Used the unofficial adm driver posted by robinh00d on bitcointalk forum with windows7 and then AB 4.4.0 beta and custom strap with rx580 hynix and still doing 30.18mhs on each just AB setting of -15power 1159core 2150mem. Claymore will release another version in a few hours so that might be yet another variable but 9.8 works fine.

http://1stminingrig.com/amd-sapphire-nitro-rx-580-8gb-limited-edition-mining-rig-tutorial-190-mhs/
    I've seen it before but it's no help as his gpus are nitro+ limited edition 8gb and I have normal ones 4gb

I've seen it before but it's no help as his gpus are nitro+ limited edition 8gb and I have normal ones 4gb
    Well then you should do your own trial-and-error:
    1. Find the highest memory clock you could go until it crashes. After reboot, dial it down one step and you're good.
    2. Find the lowest core clock you can go until it starts to affect your hashrate, dial it back up one step and you're good.
    3. For core voltage, starts with -100. Then if 5 minutes have passed and it's stable, do -125. I think if you're lucky you can do -150mV but very few cards manage to be starved with that low of a voltage and still operate smoothly.

Good luck!
    Thanks for help but already gone through all this steps and the above is best result I've got. It's taking around 350W from wall so think I'll need to invest into another rx580 and hope for the best
  • wilkaswilkas Member Posts: 7

1. Find the highest memory clock you could go until it crashes. After reboot, dial it down one step and you're good.
    2. Find the lowest core clock you can go until it starts to affect your hashrate, dial it back up one step and you're good.
    3. For core voltage, starts with -100. Then if 5 minutes have passed and it's stable, do -125. I think if you're lucky you can do -150mV but very few cards manage to be starved with that low of a voltage and still operate smoothly.

Good luck!

Can I apply this to my MSI RX480 Gaming 4G with stock BIOS? Especially the part with core voltage?

wilkas said:

Good luck!

Can I apply this to my MSI RX480 Gaming 4G with stock BIOS? Especially the part with core voltage?

yeah go for it but I would advise you to search for some good mod BIOS first, I have found some at the Anorak page and then applied overclock and got my rig runing 2x 29MH/s
  • AmereumAmereum Member Posts: 6

Using RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB
    PRIME Z270-P
    Claymore on Windows 10

BIOS flashed and GPU tuned with Sapphire TriXX to:
    1340 GPU Clock
    2250 Memory Clock
    -96mV GPU Voltage
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142

10x GTX 1060, 850W at the wall (whole rig)

wilkas said:

yeah go for it but I would advise you to search for some good mod BIOS first, I have found some at the Anorak page and then applied overclock and got my rig runing 2x 29MH/s
    I did not yet tried to mod BIOS yet. Memory clock is stable up to 2100. Core clock is interesting - at first it ran stable at 1200 and 1150, failing at 1100. Last try it also went black with 1150. Hashrate was 23,7. Reported power 130W.
    I usually run at 1750 memory, 900 core. Hashrate is 21,8 and reported power 77W.
    Hashrate gain was ~9% and power gain was 69% - this is well below my expectations.

By the way, can I damage GPU by trying to reduce core voltage?

be reducing no, only overvoltage or overpower can brick it.
    Try overclocking the core to 1400 or 1450MHz voltage at -96, power target -20, memory 2200MHz.
    For me these setting are giving most hashrate and take "normal" power 130W on Red Devil and 110W on Nitro+
    going so low on power as you did will have some effect on hashrate, you need to start playing with BIOS mods to find best solution because if you will get 25Mh/s at around 85W then this would be a great result (at least in my opinion)
    edited September 2017

be reducing no, only overvoltage or overpower can brick it.
    Try overclocking the core to 1400 or 1450MHz voltage at -96, power target -20, memory 2200MHz.
    For me these setting are giving most hashrate and take "normal" power 130W on Red Devil and 110W on Nitro+
    going so low on power as you did will have some effect on hashrate, you need to start playing with BIOS mods to find best solution because if you will get 25Mh/s at around 85W then this would be a great result (at least in my opinion)

I tried memory clock 2150 and it crashed with white or orange screen. Do you think going even higher can be stable?
    try then lower values, if 2100 will be good then try 2110, then if its stable increase clock again until it will start crashing then just have it just below the value that causes crashes. It would be good if you checked with GPU-Z what type of memory you got, some memories (mostly Hynix) are complete piece of sh** without good bios mod they will go as far as nowhere with memclock. my 4GB Saphhire Nitro+ thanks to BIOS mod works at 2100 but if I go 2120 it will crash instantly. Still getting 29Mh/s out of it.

Try some of this BIOS mods (used this forum to source out my BIOS)
    https://anorak.tech/t/msi-rx-480-gaming-x/4993
  • BikuyBikuy Member Posts: 36
    how to tweak the best for xfx r9 380 4g? and hd7950? cl-local-work? --cl-global-work? and tweaking use afterburner? less energy? more ram or higher gpu?
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    RX Vega 64 Reference Air cooled card- 38.5 MH/s at 140w
  • shavillshavill Los AngelesMember Posts: 16
    edited September 2017

10x GTX 1060, 850W at the wall (whole rig)

That's a good ROI... are they the 6g or 3g 1060s? I'm running dual 1070 OC on my daily workstation, with 2 1060 6g on the way. Hoping to squeeze out 110mh/s out of this beast.
    Post edited by shavill on
    @shavill I only have 3G models. I have a 1070 in my desktop, I can go up around 33MH/s (even managed to go above 35 but not stable). With your setup you should be able to get 33x2 + 23x2 > around 110 MH/s
    @Klintistwood I managed to get them doing 32 but they ran a little warm and was impossible to do other tasks. This is my daily workstation doing double duty. Plan on building a 6-7gpu rig as well.

I've been reading that the PoS will render anything 4g and under obsolete by next year. Is this true? I'm still fairly new to the mining scene, so imitating a sponge at the moment.
    @shavill it's the DAG size that will make 3G cards useless (for ETH), it's true but nobody knows exactly when it's going to happen so it's a bet. I still have a couple of months ahead of me anyway. After that I'll go for another currency where DAG is not an issue.
    edited September 2017
    @Klintistwood AHA that's right... still learning all this stuff (obviously) - thanks!

Just curious, is your rig pulling down about 1.4 ETH a month?
    @shavill since the difficulty increase, it's a bit less, somewhere around 1.2 ETH/month
    @shavill here are links to the GPUs I bought, I see that some of them are back around 200€

From Amazon FR:
    EVGA 3G single fan: http://amzn.to/2eqshgX (got 3 of those)
    MSI 3G single fan: http://amzn.to/2gpVr0i (got 1 of this)
    MSI 3G double fan: http://amzn.to/2vyCP8M (got 6 of those)

From Amazon US:
    EVGA 3G single fan: amzn.to/2wYGahD
    MSI 3G single fan : amzn.to/2wpQrBW
    MSI 3G dual fan: amzn.to/2wudwBO

Best performing is the MSI 3G with double fan, temperature is much lower and so far I'm still pushing their frequency.

@shavill since the difficulty increase, it's a bit less, somewhere around 1.2 ETH/month

Sounds about right. I'm only getting about 1/3rd ETH on dual 1070s, so an x6 rig would do about an ETH a mo. The ROI is getting really bad. Looking forward to getting my D3, hopefully before the difficulty goes sky high on DASH.

edited September 2017
    @Klintistwood after you posted your rates I had to get a couple 1060s (6g) to test.

Doing better than 24mh/s per card

settings

The things run cool at 10c less than the 1070s. I still have to plug my Kill-a-Watt monitor in, but I'm guessing I'm pulling less than 100w per card.

Now I wish I had bought these rather than the 1070s because the cost per mh isn't even close. I got a decent deal on the 1070s at 32.5mh $440ea. and the 1060s (6g OC) 24mh $265ea.

1060 x8 (178-184mh/s under 800w) $2120 = $12 per mh
    1070 x6 (184-195mh/s 130w+/-5% 780w) $2640 = $14 per mh/s
    1060 3g at $200 (21-22mh) would drop it to a tad over $10 per mh.

I know the window of opportunity for the 1060 3g is limited, but still, at $200ea they would roi in 5-6 months at current difficulty. That's damn good.

Anyway, I picked up a Biostar BTC 6 slot which will accomodate 10-12 of these suckers with risers and I'll post when I've got it running. It;s going to be a unique hybrid rig built on a beer budget.

Cheers

@shavill I also have a 1070 but in my desktop computer, it's a very good card but price makes it less interesting than a 1060 today. I have found one of the GTX 1060 I have at 199$ : https://goo.gl/vJmdHs

With that kind of price, the 1060 is really the best card around for now and power consumption is really good, my whole rig has 890W at the wall.

It's a pity delivery and taxes to my country would kill the benefit, otherwise I would have bought 2 more, I have a 12PCI motherboard.
    I agree completely, and the 1060 3g will hash other currencies better than the AMDs, other than Monero. I'm following your lead and looking for the best deals I can find on any flavor of 1060. Just finished my 1st rig today (updating the OS as I type) and ready to fill all the slots (MUHA)