GPU Mining is out, come and let us know of your bench scores!

Comments

• dittoditto Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    dachrls said:

Asus R9 280 Direct CU II Top:
    - undervolted to 1100mV
    - overclocked to 1100,1450
    - new Fan Profile
    - silent Operation @21,5MH/s

Asus R9 280 Strix OC Edition:
    - undervolted to 1100mV
    - overclocked to 1100,1450
    - new Fan Profile
    - silent Operation @21,5MH/s

These are no Benchmark Scores. Real average Hash Rates on XUbuntu 15.10 using eth-Proxy / ethminer against etherpool while using ethminer with default Options "ethminer -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/". GPU BIOS saved and flashed with atiflash using a USB MS-DOS Stick and edited with VBE7.

Yeah I don't think that guy has heard of overclocking or something..
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Hello erveryone :)

Here are my Specs:

2x Asus Strix R9 390 8GB / Win7 / Driver 15.201.1301.0(?!)
    Core clock 1100
    undervolted -50mv
    6h average 56Mhash/s

The problem is the that card 2 gets the heat from card 1 and the temp is significant higher than card 1.
    With Fan @100%
    GPU1: 55°C
    GPU2: 72°C

With Fan @70%
    GPU1: 65°C
    GPU2: 84-88°C

• dachrlsdachrls GermanyMember Posts: 17
    Wrong Tower, no Fans?

I have my three R9 280 (1 TOP and 2 STRIX) working in the closed Tower directly attached to an Asus Mainboard, but three 120mm in the Front, two in the Back and two in the Top.

Card1: 66°C @ 50% Fan
    Card2: 74°C @ 55% Fan
    Card3: 65°C @ 50% Fan

The Card in the Middle gets not much Airflow, but nevertheless the Temps are good.

Can you mount more Fans and lower the Voltage a little bit more?
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    The tower is only suboptimal.

The Voltage is on the Edge, i little bit less and the GPU quits.
    I can lower the Coreclock (and Volt) but the Hashrate lowers also.

I will mount more fans and look what happens.
  • philakonephilakone Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Windows 7 SP1

EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB with 347.24 @ 1.125V / 925 Mhz - 6 hour average on nanapool - 13.6 MH/s

BLOWN AWAY BY GTX 580 1.5 GB. I can't believe I'm getting that. Too bad I'll only be able to mine on it for only a few more days as the DAG size is reaching over the 1530 MB memory limit. This gpu is on my main rig so I don't use it that often.

XFX HD7970 3GB with 15.12 @ 1100 MHz - 6 hour average on nanapool - 20.6 MH/s

MSI R7 370 4GB with 15.12 @ stock - 6 hour average on nanopool - 16.5 MH/s

I'm mining about 50 MH/s total and getting roughly $450 canadian worth a month. Costing me about 500W / 7.6 Kw/H so that's about $25 canadian per month in hydro to run.

It's a no brainer to mine ethereum right now. Though to invest in hardware, have it paid back, and then profit, may be tough for the average miner like me. I just happened to have all this stuff handy.

Don't go out and invest tons in mining hardware. Not worth it with the price dropping hard every day and not knowing when it's going back up.
  • AcysbibAcysbib Member Posts: 54
    I am planning on building my rig in a couple weeks... I expect the price to go up... And back down in that span of time.

Just because it's low now doesn't mean it will stay that way. Traction is gaining, more programmers are being made aware of ethereum... It will go up again, and soon... We just don't know how long or how far any swing will go...

The price only went down really far because it was at 9-10 a month ago, so a bunch of people bought in.... And when it capped 15, they sold for massive profits... We the miners are hurt for a little while, but the savvy investor gets mining equipment and leaves a little in the budget for fattening the wallet while ETH is cheap, and selling while it's pricy.
  • KythKyth Member Posts: 10
    Windows / 10 / ASUS r7 370 / 0.9.41

min / mean / max: 17.1 / 17.1 / 17.2 (MH/s)

Inner mean: 17.20 MH/s
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    Hy guys,

Windows 10 / Msi R9 390X / 0.9.41
    I'm currenly at 29 mh/s for 1 card i think that i can go to 33 mh /s
    Who can help me in the command line of ethminer ? I try overclocking nothing change..
  • rismondorismondo Member Posts: 58
    I have one hd powercolor 7950 on win 10(15.12 drivers), at stock clock i get 17,5MH/s at 1100/1500 I get 20MH/s , but gpu was at 85C and fan 100%, and after I changed voltage to 1.06 (it was 1.2 by defulut) and I get 67 C and fan 50% and it all looks stable, hashrate same, no freezes. Maybe I could put it back to 1.1 and overclock 1150 or somemore.
    Anyway waiting for postman to bring 2 more of these:)
    Saw someone had 19,7MH/s on stock clocks with MSI 7950 and windows 7, is it rly such difference, almost 2MH/s+I could even overclock for more?
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    MSI HD 7950 on Ubuntu 15.10 no overclocking, just fglrx drivers
    24hr average at the ethpool : 19.6Mh/s
  • LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Latest rig is a XFX R9 380 and MSI R7 370
    38.2mh using 324w at the wall

have run out of PCI-E risers, will be interesting to see how efficient these 380s are when I can get multiple in a rig
  • MaguaryMaguary Member Posts: 59
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 / 6.1.7601 SP1 / Sapphire AMD R9 290x Tri-x 4gb / 0.9.41
    min / mean / max: 25.4 /25.4 /25.5 MH/s
    Inner mean: 25.4 MH/s
  • Rich2016Rich2016 Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2016
    Hey everyone.
    I wanted to know how do I make 2 different miners/PC mine to the same address./
    I only have 1 pc now but I'am getting the other cards soon and I might have to put them on another so I really need this info.
    thx.

I would also like to know the settings to get 18mh/s with R9 270x I keep getting 14mh/s and 15mh/s when I over clock to 1200core and 1500mem. When I ran the test with ethminer -G -M it says 18mh/s 3 times.
    any info would be grate.
    thank you.
  • bithexallbithexall Member Posts: 6
    Hello all, i just got an XFX R9 295x2, (the beast!) and it is only mining at a rate of 18.8Mhash/s. According to the following, it should mine on a rate of 50Mhash/s (https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment).
    The DAG file it is still under construction though... I have been trying two days to complete this step and it is super slow.....

It makes me think whether this is due to ports but since it is mining it should work right? However it is too slow either way.... I am running this under a corporate network, i would expect few ports to be shut but it does connect... Also when the blockchain is updated before i press mining, it shows SLOW IMPORT (block) but continues sync...

I am running the AlethOne on Windows 10, 16GBs Ram. Intel motherboard with a 3rd gen chip so i can use the PCIe x16... Otherwise the card couldnt run apparently due to the model of the motherboard...

Any thoughts please and recommendations?
  • omnikomnik Member Posts: 18
    @ bithexall
    Which drivers, miner, .bat parameters?
    Win7 and 15.7.1 drivers proved to be best in most cases.
    a friend of mine is having this probem "could not connect to 127.0.0.1:8545" can anyone help please.
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    @Rich2016 @omnik @bithexall You guys will get better and more detailed answers if you ask in another thread, this one is just for reporting hashrates.
    edited March 2016
    he gave me a pic of the problem

We are going to try 13.4 driver with his 7970 because he had 16.1.

Ok I just tested something I ran mine and then disconnect the internet and I got the same error so we are thin its the internet he has

we finaly fixed it he was not running the right bat file he was running the .exe there was nthing to fix..
    lol
    Post edited by Rich2016 on
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    Rich, learn to read and post it a different thread. Done begging for $$ for now eh?

Rich, learn to read and post it a different thread. Done begging for $$ for now eh?

I'am good now because I got to buy the cards.
    When I got enough and anyone wants help and you are legit you can ask me even though no one helped me.................
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    Riight.. Moving on...
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Just got up and running on my test rig, I have 1 Radeon R9 Nano at 25.0 on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04-my rigs will be running the Server Ubuntu 14.04, I'm hoping that will account for the extra 1 mh/s I seem to be losing. However, I've only been up and running for about an hour. but I just got everything running and working FINALLY, after about 20 hours of sweet, sweet suffering. I'm hoping that bumps up to 26.2, because I'm fairly confident I have the exact drivers installed that I need. Hopefully I'm good.

After all that linux pain, it sure is nice to see the blue and green ansi colors scrolling down.
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    probably not even mining right, am I supposed to leave geth console up like this?~

• hkhald01hkhald01 Member Posts: 26
    @Varun916 @MrYukonC

1 - what is the startum proxy and how to install one in win 7 and will make a difference if I mine within a pool
    2 - Anyone can provide instruction on how to overclock the XFX r9 280 and 280x
    3 - I am planning on acquiring two more cards should I stick with the 280x or try the 380x with (4GB)
    4 - anyone can explain how to tweak these arguments for Ethminer
    --farmcheck 700 (i use 700)
    --no precompute
    --cl-local-work 128
    --cl-global-work 8192
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    @hkhald01

Windows Download: http://dwarfpool.com/static/eth-proxy-win.zip

and

read under the [Windows] section in his post on how to setup on Windows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200891

• Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    @MrYukonC please don't refer new people to dwarf pool @hkhald01 check out coinotron they have a stratum proxy as well
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @hkhald01 or the newly created ethermine.org run by the same person as ethpool.org
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Marvell9 said:

@MrYukonC please don't refer new people to dwarf pool @hkhald01 check out coinotron they have a stratum proxy as well

@Marvell9
    My bad, I wasn't very clear. I was just pointing him there to get eth-proxy, not to use the pool. For some reason, I just assumed he wanted the proxy to use with Ethpool.org or Ethermine.org. Derp!

@hkhald01
    You should use the eth-proxy provided by Dwarfpool with Ethpool/Ethermine (since they support it).
  • AtomrigsAtomrigs Member Posts: 23
    MrYukonC said:

Marvell9 said:

@Marvell9
    My bad, I wasn't very clear. I was just pointing him there to get eth-proxy, not to use the pool. For some reason, I just assumed he wanted the proxy to use with Ethpool.org or Ethermine.org. Derp!

@hkhald01
    You should use the eth-proxy provided by Dwarfpool with Ethpool/Ethermine (since they support it).
    Try this new pool,
    https://ethereum.miningpoolhub.com/

It supports all existing ethereum pool connection methods including eth-proxy, qtminer, and eth-stratum-mining-proxy. You can use this pool as the main pool, and use others as failover backup. They have the lowest uncle rate at the moment and 0% fee, and they pay all rewards including uncle blocks and transaction fees. I switched my 1.2G hash to this pool and I am so happy with them.

Verify the statistics,
    https://www.etherchain.org/statistics/miners
  • qerosqeros Member Posts: 3
    Guys. I want to ask you something.
    I have 2 miners.
    Miner 1 = 3 * R7 370 = 46mh/s
    Miner 2 = R9 390 and 2* R7 370 = 60mh/s

Using that 2 miner i have the higher hashrate is 105mh/s and the lower hashrate is 95mh/s. The income per hour with this 2miner is only 0.06eth. I already checked using the eth calculator the income per hour should be 0.09eth with that speed. The miner 1 calc hashrate and shares is higher than miner 2. With that speed the miner 2 calc hashrate and shares should be higher then miner 1. Can you all tell me what is wrong?

Thanks. Sorry for bad english. ahah